šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ šŸ‡øšŸ‡Ŗ šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡Ø Julian Assange

His lawyer offered for him to hand himself in, on the condition they guaranteed no extradition and there really isnā€™t a genuine reason to extradite him.
This isnā€™t the first UN report and even if someone breaks the law, they are still entitled to basic human rights.

Human rights my arse, heā€™s living the life of Riley in that embassy no doubt.

Anyway, youā€™re correct he may not have lied but the information he got he, basically, stole so I would think the US government have every right to want him extradited and triedā€¦

1 Like

He has limited human contact. Theyā€™ve cut his Internet access. Itā€™s a prison. A very nice prison, but a prison nonetheless. He also has an indeterminate sentence.

Itā€™s a one man concentration camp, at least in the sense heā€™s only there because his political views are inconvenient.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a publisher, so never stole anything.
The guardian published the Snowden files. Is there an extradition request for everyone involved in that?
And we know they print factually incorrect material.

He is a self absorbed narcissist who played with peoples lives to promote his own notoriety. Do you think for one minute he lost a nights sleep about that soldier kid who got thrown to the wolves?

Did he fuck

He is a prisoner of his own design. He should come our serve his time and then fuck off back under the rock he crawled from

1 Like

Seriously, thatā€™s just like a guardian headline and as close to the truth.

That kid, as in Chelsea Manning? Yes, him and Wikileaks, both. This will prove it(and much else).
https://contraspin.co.nz/beingjulianassange/
Section headed ā€œBleaching the recordā€ for this particular bit(itā€™s a long article).

Again, yes he did.

Heā€™s a political prisoner and youā€™d have to live under a rock not to see that.

Pilger really doesnā€™t like the guardian and the halfwit Harding(canā€™t blame him).

MPs across Europe getting involved.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not looking good for Assange, or press freedom.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s all been planned by the yanks. Ecuador and us* have done as we were told to do. Our press will now show their lack of integrity and the fawning to power will be in full flow. An embarrassing day for anyone that still believes in British justice.

*for those that think weā€™d be better aligned with America, remember this. We, just like Ecuador, do as weā€™re told.

4 Likes
3 Likes

According to footage I saw yesterday on Twatter there have been plain clothed rozzers with covered faces waiting in a car outside the embassy for quite a while - the reporter was asking them if they were waiting for the go ahead to arrest him. Seems like it was planned well in advance.

Only trouble is I canā€™t readily find the tweet but will post it when (if) I stumble across it.

Now Assange has been arrested the only chance of unlimited overtime for the Met will be the Algarve.

3 Likes

Indeedā€¦ but we got our country back hooray !

1 Like

Up the page a bit @Cobham-Saint post 70ish

1 Like

Russia just assassinateā€™s them.

Well placed sarcasm unfortunately, because as the @Goatboy post from Mark Curtis reminds us, thereā€™s so much more involved in the outcome of this.
Assange was granted citizenship so unless this has somehow been cancelled, the reason given was a lie and no one in the msm has mentioned it. Lots of bollocks about the now disproved allegations though, just to remind everyone of who they really work for and their (lack of)belief in truth.
Nothing from Corbyn or Labour on this, which is disappointing to say the least. Think i might vote tory next time, because as Mencken says(yes him again)
ā€œDemocracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.ā€ and if iā€™m being honest, it might be the only thing that opens peopleā€™s eyes. Be far too late then obviously, ā€œbut knowing what killed you, is surely better than dying ignorantā€ (Assange, not long after he lands in America, or wherever theyā€™re going to torture then do the deed).

Indeed. Thatā€™s the fella.