🇩đŸ‡ș 🇾đŸ‡Ș đŸ‡Ș🇹 Julian Assange

1 Like

I don’t think Abbott and Labour could be more unequivocal in their support of Assange.

1 Like

There was an interesting interview with James Ball, a former friend/colleague of Assange on PM this afternoon. Ball has worked for Wikileaks and also lived in the same house as Assange. As he put it, the charge against Assange in the US has been very carefully constructed so that it targets Assange himself very specifically; he also reckoned that it looks distinctly trumped up (no pun intended).

Ball’s assessment of Assange the person was distinctly unflattering; essentially agreed with the view of him as a narcissist, not surprised that the Ecuadorian embassy had eventually thrown him out, and said that he doesn’t like him (and he knows Assange pretty well). All of which makes his defence of Assange even more salient - he’s obviously not doing it out of love for the man. And since when has it been an offence to be a dislikeable person, or indeed a narcissist?

Good to see Diane Abbott’s statement on the subject too.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Cheers, very direct and honest from Abbott. She’s no fool.
Anything from Labour in Parliament when May spun the lies and cheers went up?

Narcissist is the buzz word for the present narrative.
Read this earlier.
District Judge Michael Snow calls him a “narcissist”.
Hope his district isn’t Westminster :scream:

1 Like

Cynically, the majority in the UK won’t give a fiddler’s fart and will get up tomorrow and the next day and the next
and carry on with their normal lives thinking this has no impact on them.

The “establishment” in the meantime secretly sniggers at the proles for not protesting at an injustice
yet again.

A couple of years ago i mentioned reading some German literature about the rise of the Nazi party. Recommended some reading, but couldn’t remember the one that really made me understand the how. It was Milton Sanford Mayer.
But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That’s the difficulty. If the last and worst act of the whole regime had come immediately after the first and smallest, thousands, yes, millions would have been sufficiently shocked—if, let us say, the gassing of the Jews in ’43 had come immediately after the ‘German Firm’ stickers on the windows of non-Jewish shops in ’33. But of course this isn’t the way it happens. In between come all the hundreds of little steps, some of them imperceptible, each of them preparing you not to be shocked by the next. Step C is not so much worse than Step B, and, if you did not make a stand at Step B, why should you at Step C? And so on to Step D.

And one day, too late, your principles, if you were ever sensible of them, all rush in upon you. The burden of self-deception has grown too heavy, and some minor incident, in my case my little boy, hardly more than a baby, saying ‘Jewish swine,’ collapses it all at once, and you see that everything, everything, has changed and changed completely under your nose. The world you live in—your nation, your people—is not the world you were born in at all. The forms are all there, all untouched, all reassuring, the houses, the shops, the jobs, the mealtimes, the visits, the concerts, the cinema, the holidays. But the spirit, which you never noticed because you made the lifelong mistake of identifying it with the forms, is changed. Now you live in a world of hate and fear, and the people who hate and fear do not even know it themselves; when everyone is transformed, no one is transformed. Now you live in a system which rules without responsibility even to God. The system itself could not have intended this in the beginning, but in order to sustain itself it was compelled to go all the way.

Milton Sanford Mayer, They Thought They Were Free: The Germans 1933-45
It’s a powerful and enlightening read. It’ll also scare the shit out of you, when you consider the direction this thread shows we’re heading in.

2 Likes

Tried 3 times, but i don’t appear to be allowed to print the whole text in any normal way(new Bertie Bletch, too long, or just me?). Scroll the last bit, if you can be arsed.
Edit: The important part is in the bit it’s fucking made awkward, so yes, despite the obvious hard work(you can probably sue me) you really do need to risk the dangerous potential injuries of unfamiliar side swiping

1 Like

Just you :kiss:

1 Like

Thank you @BTripz
For the corrections, not so much the pointing out my obvious failings :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Assange was doomed the moment Trump got in. But then maybe he should have found a way to defend the sex offence charge and walk free.
What he did with Wikileaks I applaud and I am sure it or derivatives will continue.
But, he was accused of sex offences. Trumped up or not he should face his accusers, and I won’t join the love in until he does stand up to them, fake or not

3 Likes

And are they sure they didn’t arrest Michael Evis by mistake?

There was never any charges(msm constant lies), only investigations, which were promptly dropped once they spoke to Assange. It’s important people don’t get lied to about this. Ask your favourite journalist why they don’t appear to know this.
Trump spent his whole election campaign praising Assange and his organisation(he’ll still happily kill him).
Obama and Clinton wanted to do this remember.

The puppet on the podium is unimportant.
Assanges reasoning from the start has now been proven. Look at the time line. Who released what and when. It wasn’t the poodle. This is long term unelected powers pulling the strings and no one that condones it can claim to believe in democracy.
When did exposing crime on an industrial scale scale became a bigger issue than the crime itself?
Don’t want to treat you like Barry, but simply put and tying in with the Milton Sanford Mayer quote, points 1, 8 & 10.

The ramifications are huge, as Milton Sanford Mayers words show. Don’t get caught up with a bullshit lie and miss the real meaning behind these actions.

He faced accusations. He ran away & hid.
The molestation charges were later dropped.
The rape charge was later dropped.
Indisputable facts.

Equally IF an arrest warrant is issued, hiding or running away is not a legitimate defence and then causes other legal implications.
As I said, he may have been better served facing his accusers. He clearly had access to sources of data to back up his side of the argument.
He chose not to.
He also pissed off the Ecuadorians in the Embassy, again his choice.

I believe the charges were Trumped up. I said that. I also think he helped make matters worse with his choices of inaction.

2 Likes

The bloke is an enormous self serving tool

The problem I have with him is not what he was leaking (although I would have a problem if what he leaked endangered life), it’s how it got it.

He effectively groomed poor fools like Chelsea Manning to break all sorts of federal laws to get that information and then spent several weeks prick teasing the internet whilst basking in the spotlight.

2 Likes

We’ll have to agree to disagree then, but as i said before follow the time line, not the lies in the msm.
As for the bail jumping, there’s a big problem with story being told.
The warrant issued in question arose 12 days after Julian entered the Ecuador Embassy seeking asylum from U.S. threats against his life and liberty. So that warrant should never have been issued in the first place, as Asylum/international law overrides domestic (UK) law.
The suff they’re saying about the embassy staff is also misleading.