šŸ”„ January 2020 transfer window

I wonder if it is Glandular Fever?
I remember that nightmare.
Or just a @saintbletchsized hangover
Or a Dustin Johnson style 6 month holiday?

I heard that Valery had broken his attention span.

5 Likes

Apparently Leicester (in 2nd place) will have to sell their star midfielder to ManUre (14 points behind).

According to MUTV or was it Sky, who donā€™t have any FA Cup action to show?

Danny Drinkwater has joined Aston Villa on loan to the end of the seasonā€¦

That was a good move from Leicester for him thenā€¦

2 Likes

On the face of it, teaming up again with Kante should have been a decent bet. But something isnā€™t right and Burnley showed him the door last week. Strange as he went to Chelsea as an established pro and would have known his limitations would be shown up under the microscope.

4 Likes

The Leicester mob reckon his name should have been Drink anything but water

1 Like

Oh helllll no!

RAFAEL SET FOR PREMIER LEAGUE RETURN?

Former Manchester United right-back Rafael da Silva has been offered to Premier League clubs including Brighton , Crystal Palace and Southampton .

All three sides are in the market for a new right-back this month and his current club Lyon are open to selling the 29-year-old.

Rafael, who was signed for United by Sir Alex Ferguson in 2008 in a double-deal with his twin brother Fabio, has made 129 appearances since joining Lyon in 2015.

But the Brazil international has made only seven appearances in Ligue 1 this season and one in the Champions League, having fallen behind Dutchman Kenny Tete.

VESTERGAARD TO STAY WITH SAINTS

Jannick Vestergaard has vowed to stay at Southampton beyond January and win his place back.

The Denmark centre-backā€™s future has been under speculation and Werder Bremen are interested in taking him back to the Bundesliga, according to Sky Germany.

Sky Sports News understands the Saints are on the market for centre-back themselves this month, and they like Real Valladolidā€™s Mohamed Salisu, although their priority is to strengthen in both full-back positions.

And when asked about potentially leaving St Maryā€™s after playing in the FA Cup win over Huddersfield, Vestergaard said (via the Mirror ): ā€œI have nothing to say on that.

ā€œI am a Southampton player and my only focus is to do my best every day to help the club. I will take up the challenge here, work hard at training with the aim of getting back into the line-up.

In football, it is always the manager picking the team and the team has done well lately. This is football, and things change quickly. I will fight to get my place back.

ā€œMy own performance (against Huddersfield) was not flawless, but after my time on the bench that is only natural, in my opinion.

ā€œBut I managed to show some good stuff and most important some of my qualities as a forward-playing central defender. I believe, that I will be able to build on this performance.ā€

Feck off. Heā€™s one of OUR own.

2 Likes

Heā€™s from Winch, isnā€™t he?

Fucking northerners.

3 Likes

I love these stories about who ā€œshould buyā€ such and such. Always some fucking has-been dishing out the pearls of wisdom based on nothing approaching credible information, and the press lap it up. Clickbait is one of the banes of modern life and itā€™s everywhere.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot in there to unpick and Iā€™m sure a lot of it is agent speculation but the comment that made me stop and think was this one.

Against Huddersfield, as he says, he was not flawless but I was very impressed with his attempts to play midfield-splitting straight passes.

They didnā€™t always come off but they did more often than it failed. And itā€™s the sort of pass that can change a game - direct, played with pace and can take 3 opposition players out of the game.

Shame he appears to be such an inconsistent defensive central defender.

1 Like

Unlike Jack Stephenā€™sā€¦

Look, we all learnt that players need regular game time.
I know millenials & tourists have never heard the term match fit but come on. JWP is now a world class DM and Stephenā€™s is the new Maldini.
Magic?
Bollocks.
Ralph stopped tinkering & players stayed fit over Xmad

Easy to forget about him.

Blimey - what a knobber.

You might have been fit but that still doesnā€™t make you a good footballer

Mo Farrah is fit and He is shit at football as well

2 Likes

I think Iā€™d rather have Mo Farrah in central defence than Hoedt, to be honest.

1 Like

8 million?
PLEASE!!!
80p would be his value tbh