šŸ”„ January 2020 transfer window

Weā€™re signing, sorry selling someone.

Maybe.

Surely not?

Would be foolish. He needs more game time and for something to go in off his arse.

Iā€™m not going to say it and tempt fate but put it this wayā€¦ having another striker capable of scoring a goal would be jolly nice. Long does what he does but he does not score goals.

2 Likes

According to Talksport Ancellotti wants to sign Danny Ings for Everton.

I am sure many would want to. Fuck off, you have no chance will be the response.

2 Likes

I wonder whether this is a rumour that talksport started themselves with that idiot Tony Cascarino. In this clip he says if he was ancelotti heā€™d try and buy Ings

What would they have to lay out to but Jimenez and Ings in a January transfer window?

Seeing that theyā€™ve spent hundreds of millions on players, and given they theyā€™re paying their new coach a hell of a lot of money, Iā€™d suggest he first starts coaching.

The only thing that might make me spend big, if I were the Everton chairman, would be to freshen things up quickly and to buy in form players because, as I posted elsewhere, Everton and West Ham have the two worst runs of fixtures till the end of the season.

1 Like

Hoping this upturn in form and not now looking like relegation certainties will help our transfer plansā€¦

1 Like

You mean more clubs will want to buy the players we need to sell?

(Bletch playing the role of site cynic)

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure having Barry spend xmas with you did you any favours. In fact you should untie him and let him leaveā€¦ now.

Gao has told everyone at the club that as its xmas we donā€™t need to sell before we can buy. Heā€™s become passionate about our recruitment policy and currently is actively searching gumtree for centre backs. He also bought a new ā€˜black boxā€™ off Ebay but sent it back as it had some strange Korean numbering on it that didnā€™t match the sellers picture.

All of this info came from a source I have deep within.

4 Likes

Guttedā€¦ that itā€™s not Hoedt. Still good news if true. Iā€™ve watched visiting Liners turn quicker.

@saintbletch, youā€™ll be delighted to learn that I have decided to deposit this post here rather than the Manchester City away in October thread :grinning:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11899974/mohammed-salisu-southampton-keen-on-real-valladolid-defender

2 Likes

Uhmā€¦ that picture is fake. If you look closely those are not mice, but men in white overalls and face paint

1 Like

ā€œLadies and Gentlemenā€¦I give you THE INTERNETā€

Not entirely convinced signing Jen as our new recruitment consultant is going to bear the kind of fruit required.

2 Likes

Bloody Mail

Having just found a winning combination at the back I canā€™t see Ralph listing 50% of the back four (at least not willingly)

Yep and we are definitely going to get rid of two first choice full backs, when we have next to sod all cover. :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah it is bollox. Although I can see us selling Cedric if we can get a fee rather than lose him in the summer for nothing. All assuming we buy a replacement of course because Valery is nowhere to be seen with this ā€˜illnessā€™ā€¦

7 Likes

Cedric strikes me as an absolutely nailed on West Ham type of signing.

4 Likes