⏰ ❓ How long will Natty J last? - 95 days longer than he f*ing should have - that's how long

Alex Crook ⚽️🎙

@alex_crook

Understand #SaintsFC owners Sport Republic did hold conversations about Nathan Jones’s future yesterday. Does not appear to be sign of any imminent change but let’s see. Several players are not happy.

8:13 am · 6 Feb 2023·

Views

“We’ll play Lyanco as sweeper, he smells nice”

:joy:

From Guardian. Sounds terminal.

Ralph Hassenhüttl divided opinion among Southampton supporters. Was the Austrian a high-level tactician and strong motivator operating on limited resources? Or had he run out of ideas, preventing an assault on the top half of the Premier League? A definitive answer is emerging. Switching managers always carries risk but Southampton’s decision to fire Hassenhüttl and hire Nathan Jones has backfired. When your recently recruited manager reacts to another limp defeat by referencing how good the xG was when he was in charge of Luton, all is not well. There was a measure of desperation in Jones’s insistence that he has “compromised certain principles” on “a few little things” since taking the job. He says that will change but the fans have made their minds up, and Nottingham Forest, Leicester, Wolves and Everton all picked up three points over the weekend. Southampton may need a miracle, and Jones looks a long way from being capable of producing one. Luke McLaughlin

2 Likes

This sums up my thoughts perfectly :point_down:

LOLERZ

Hopefully will be gone today. Presents SR with a big problem on a replacement though. Who would the forum like to see as a replacement?

Anybody with PL experience - this should mean someone who quickly understands the strengths and weaknesses of the players, and that playing 5 at the back doesn’t work with our players. Also means that if you have a left back, he plays at left back, if you have a right footed centre back, he plays at right footed centre back. Also means you will play the best players, and not follow the principle of “favourites “, and benching people who tell you that you are a useless cunt - if this is true, then the manager has to get better, not worse!
Not a lot to ask.

I’m sure this will get shot down, but Big Sam. It’s the logical choice.

Can’t be any worse, can it? He gets teams organised - many without as many attacking talents as we have. Who knows, it might just work.

3 Likes

Tend to agree - short term contract to end of season only, with bonus for keeping us up.
Then gives those in charge at least 6 months to find someone capable.

1 Like

Sounds a lot like he’s staying. :tired_face:

Agree. Yep if your house is on fire you don’t call for an architect.

1 Like

Interested to see what his “role” is after the weekend. I imagine him stomping around the training ground insulting players, picking fights with anyone that looks at him and telling the kitchen staff it’s their fault he got caught speeding the other day. Also can’t help but think of Wee Radge Joe from Viz whenever i hear the name Nathan Jones.

1 Like

Not sure what the board expect here - the players are busy pulling up the ladder, the fans are absolutely united in their loathing for the man, he is scrapping with the staff - what the hell are they seeing that we don’t Surely this isn’t about Ramas and his hubris

The atmosphere on Saturday will be toxic - He is done

Saturday will be interesting. In some ways I’m happy with SR for giving me a sense of nostalgia for the Branfoot days.

maybe JWP should call him a cunt publicly - it would be worth a couple of weeks wages

1 Like

I’ve been working this morning, is he still here?

It would appear so … Bit like the Peel Common Pong

1 Like

In his defence, the kitchen staff did make the curry a bit spicier on that particular day.

Maybe they should try raw chicken