šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ Homophobia in Football

Goodnight SOG, you stay classy now.

I made no assumptions about your original post supporting homophobia. I did deduce that you missed the point of the orignal post. I was actually just trying to answer your question by explaining the (over)reaction to your original post. Donā€™t ask questions if you donā€™t want to hear the answers. Even if I misinterpreted your original post, others did too. Possibly your writing was defective.

I greatly fear the world where Harry Redknapp is a protected minority.

2 Likes

I fear you already do.

No one seems to know how shit he is, outside of the places heā€™s managed.

Agree a lot with Mr Pap there. Many times Iā€™ve chuckled at some of the things shouted or sung. If that represented my genuine views on the stuff chanted/sung then thatā€™s a different ball game. (Pun provided free of charge).

1 Like

Now if I said that comment SOS or SOG would think all their Christmasā€™s have come at once.

But youā€™ve got previous Bazza :lou_wink:

3 Likes

** Really Redslo? Straight out of legal school 101**

Hungover and feeling sorry for yourself Barry?

Weā€™ve all laughed at inappropriate things. Anyone that tells you otherwise is undoubtedly lying.

Peopleā€™s views also change over time, as you have shown with your new found affront to a fellow posters user name, which in a way is a good thing, as it shows you canā€™t live in the past, only learn from it.

Be happy Barry, see if you feel any better when you get back from church.

1 Like

As SOS said above we do all laugh at inapproproate things we hear because some are genuinely funny and that does not necessarily mean you believe in the sentimentā€¦ but when you shift from the passive listening to the active chating you need to be aware that even if it does not cause offence, its about the message it sends ; that something is acceptable and that its fine to diffrerentiate and make fun of even when the intention might not be one of prejudice.

Some folks think this is PC bollocks, its notā€¦ its about trying to educate the ignorant that homophobia is not acceptable. Its not about judging the ā€˜levelā€™ of offence, or the quality of the humour which is what those who beat the ā€˜PC gone madā€™ drum often dont seem to understand.

For all the shit Barry has posted, and in this case he is on his usual WUM, he has a point about my current moniker in that I did ask if it caused offence, whereas I should never have accepted a name that might doā€¦ that is not having a go at the nominee or those that voted for it, because this is so easily overlookedā€¦ Thats why it becomeseven more important not to when its pointed outā€¦ as with the Brightone case.

2 Likes

Where have I ever been homophobic on here? Iā€™ll think youā€™ll find never, donā€™t be bitter and church? Waste of a Sunday off if you ask me. And donā€™t deny it, I know when your buttons are pressed as you scream for links proof, I am asking you to prove all of your snide accusations, why did you accept a homophobic name to go on for so long? Youā€™re one of those that turn away arenā€™t you?

And no not hungover, just been running with the dog, now for some gardening and then Iā€™ll make a roast and watch a moive with the kids, thats my Sunday, you? Presumption at 11100am and mock shock indignation for 1230 pm?

Just lovely.

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Getting back to the topic, part of the problem lies with the culture of homophobia within male footballers themselves. We havenā€™t had many come out. One of the early pioneers, Justin Fashanu, caught hell for his efforts and eventually ended up topping himself. As more and more footballers come out as openly gay, we can see how homophobic terraces really are.

I personally donā€™t think weā€™ll have a problem, or if we do, if will be quickly shouted down by the crowd itself. Weā€™ve still got fucking morons among our ranks as supporters, but they are a minority, and not a very vocal one. One thing you can say about football terraces is that they are fairly self-regulating. Most of the crowd donā€™t sing shit and the stewards can normally get on top of the outliers.

The problem with so few gay footballers coming out is that weā€™ve never really had the opportunity to have that ā€œdebateā€ in the grounds. I genuinely think most of society has moved on, and the millennials donā€™t give a clean fuck about sexuality. Itā€™s time to test this in the open. Come out gay footballers, wherever you are.

1 Like

Barry Darlingā€¦ which way do you want it (ooh er missus :lou_is_a_flirt:)? Is this place full of homophobes who turn away and were happy with my moniker all chuckling to themselves how funny it isā€¦ or is it full of liberal bleeding hearts in which case why was the name allowed to stand and why have i not received any complaints in 12 months about it? You seem to want it both ways, to bat for both teamsā€¦ By the way, I dont have any gay friends, I only have genuine close friends who I trust with the life of my child, who just happen to be gay (two women, one bloke). If I ever say something that they find a bit close to the bone, they pull me up on it immediately, knowing that its not intended to offend, they are not offended, but as mentioned above its about the message it can send.

No its full of nepotism and hypocrites, like life but most people donā€™t see themselves as pillars of freedom and libertyā€¦

ā€¦this is where I get all confused, as you seem to imply that freedom and liberty are bad things to strive for or to liv your life by where possible?

At what point in your run did you think of other people

Seems some Leicester fans didnā€™t read the article

I truly do not understand why some people think this sort of thing is acceptable, surely we have moved on from such childish and ignorant reactions? Being gay/homosexual is not a choice they make for heavens sake, it is a perfectly natural situation that cannot be ā€œsnapped out ofā€ So what is the problem?