🍽 🏬 Have you been to the new bit of West Quay?

He was probably last there in 1982 to watch Cannon and Ball in Panto.

2 Likes

Don’t think Southampton is alone in celebrating having an IKEA in the centre of the City.

Hell, even here “Jumeira Janes” were popping bubbles when they announced a SECOND IKEA in town here.

Baz dominates another thread about something he has never seen and knows nothing about.

6 Likes

Bit suspicious that you knew when they were doing panto in Bournemouth Goat. Were you there or perhaps are you one of them, the double act, not “one of them” as my mother would say…?

1 Like

Yep, Ant tried to engage him in a discussion but only got a diatribe and has finally realised the futility of it.

2 Likes

Rock on Cobham.

2 Likes

I went there to see Santa fly from the bargate at Christmas. Santa was shit the new west quay was typical chain restaurant shit.

Fact of the matter is that it doesn’t matter. A good night out is determined by the company not the surroundings.

You sound like a bunch of pricks discussing the relative merits of a £20k watch…

7 Likes

Aww, I miss Chertsey Saint…

1 Like

I live in Southampton and I wasnt stupid enough to make a special trip to watch some fat twat in a red suit clinging precariously to a zip line.

Why did you assume that this would be a good thing?

As for the rest - agree, the company you are with will make or break it - perhaps that is why Barry always has a shit time down here

3 Likes

That was what my mum suggested we should do when I asked her. It supports Barry’s hypothesis pretty well actually. It was also an opportunity to inform myself about the new development. We parked in IKEA. I was so happy when we got that parking space. Praise to the heavens that we built that IKEA in Southampton.

2 Likes

I have a great time when I’m down south, always do great friends and family in great surroundings and boozers, it simply doesn’t include Southampton as its shite, if it was a good night out, good to do things we’d stay in the City centre (ever wondered why there are so few hotels of repute in the place?).

Shame and there’s an awful lot like me who feel like that and it is sad really.
All of the council’s doing.

As usual, confusing your (twistedly negative) personal opinion for facts.

Official visitors numbers have risen in four of the last six recorded years and are higher than your offered comparisons of Pompey (inc Southsea) and Bournemouth. Wrong again.

So have you ever been to any of the pubs that Ant mentioned in his earlier post as being good places to go? And, if you have, when?

For the record.

There are a number of parts of Dubai that are completely shite as far as nightlife goes.

Unless you want to have an evening eating Phillipine Boullabaise or local Falafel and sipping soft drinks

Chez Eric is up in that league at the moment (well it was last night bstd hid all his OSH)

I have yes and they’re ok but 10 a penny elsewhere and elsewhere does it better, too spread out and no area of pubs, bars, clubs and restaurants, when? Earlier this year and last year.
What is original about Southampton and its night out?

Is the square ballon still going…

If you’re in a pub that’s OK and you’re in great company, then what’s your fucking problem?

3 Likes

Can you link and show these figures?

Because I genuinely care for the City, residents appear to be happy that its shite and boring.

The Sotonian attitude towards their City right there.

Fark orf.

You’ve got a funny way of showing it.

1 Like