🍽 🏬 Have you been to the new bit of West Quay?

I went for the first time last night, celebrating @intiniki 's birthday in All Bar One.

I was a little bit blown away. After years of saying that Southampton’s nightlife needs an upgrade _and _that we don’t use the natural assets of the city very well, wow, just wow.

Not all of the units are occupied and if you’re expecting Gatecrasher or Cream you’re going to be disappointed, but I thought it an incredibly promising initiative which other city projects ought to try their best to emulate.

1. Pointless; our futile efforts will forever be dimmed by the bright lights of Derby
    1. No, but I plan to
    1. I have a “Leisureworld” tattoo. I shall never change.
    1. No, and I’m not arsed
    1. Yes, and it was shit
    1. Yes, and I liked it.

0 voters

Shhh…don’t tell Barry

4 Likes

I think we maybe said “Let’s tell barry”. But let’s not mention the lack of phallic tower.

4 Likes

Can I have an extra polling category for “New bit of West Quay? What new bit of West Quay?” please?

3 Likes

The walls have got towers embedded in them.

Classy towers that are older than the USA.

I reckon the Spinnaker Tower is just a giant mobile phone mast installed on the sly.

I’m always fucking right, you snowflakes with your plastic football exposing multiculturalism from white towns is wholly funny, Southampton (I was there last weekend) is fucking gash.

We have been on an exploratory outing a while back so my wife and I are now to join with our other pensioner friends on a lunchtime “Tapas Experience”

Will report back soon with an access and toilet fascility assessment for other folk. Relieved to hear we won’t be bumping into Mr. Sanchez.

Exciting times. :lou_lol:

1 Like

So you’re not even going to try it? I was not expecting much, I have to say, given that the last big stab at doing nightlife was Leisureworld, all the entertainment you could want in a large, oblong, building adding the architectural value of a Soviet factory.

Where did you drink last weekend?

I didn’t, I drank in Curdridge, Botley and Winchester. I had to go onto town and that was enough, Jesus it gets worse, such grey, drab and shit compared to so many other places, nothing absolutely nothing to it, all that ship money and for what?

The bright lights of Curdridge, Botley and Winchester, eh? A sound basis for assessing the merits of a new development in Southampton.

3 Likes

Those Alt-Right garden parties are really something eh?

3 Likes

All it says if going for a bevy in villages is better than Southampton then you know it’s shite, a place that time forgot, if I lived there I’d be fuming, there is fuck all there, just pass on through.

I didn’t see the green toad thingy but yes Portswood and Sholing just don’t cut it for me.

Baz criticising something that he has not been to, seen, or experienced. Oh.

2 Likes

Fake anger is fake

1 Like

white towns?

really?

Well, don’t flirt with language, … what’s wrong with multiculturism?

Shit, need to sleep at this juncture :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

I have been several times and on the whole have neen impressed. It is such a sight to see the walls up close and personal, and the Wimbledon event they put on was great.

I think, and I am sure I have said it before on here, they missed a trick by not putting in a sun trap of a roof top bar area.