:metoo: Harvey Weinstein

I see Branson is in the firing line in the red tops today. It was only a matter of time, i recently read Tom Bower’s 'Branson: Behind The Mask, which is a very enlightening read. His whole image is built on smoke and mirrors, a con. The bevies of young women he employs to act as props for his publicity stunts tell some interesting tales! To put it mildly, he treats their personal space with the sort of disregard you’d expect from a 1970s disc jockey, rather than a successful 21st century businessman! I have no doubt he is bricking it at the moment, along with plenty of others.

4 Likes

There are predatory men everywhere and many are in a position where they can use their power to get what they want. I worked with a senior lawyer who despite being married to another lawyer in the same office, used to pray on the young clerical assistants. He shagged three that I knew of.

Tom Jones is saying that he was propositioned as a young man.

It’s not unusual.

13 Likes

No extradition from Necker

3 Likes

Branson was kind of infamous for paying off women with a new car and out of court settlements. Private Eye did a good piece.

2 Likes

Always getting himself in a pickle.

5 Likes

Thanks Gavstar, now I need a sandwich :smile:

Likewise Slick Willie Clinton. At least three women were paid off to stop rape charges being brought. Which makes it so nauseating to see the Blessed Hilary wringing her hands and telling anyone who cares to listen how shocked she is about Wankstain. Harvey and the Clintons go way back, he was in and out of the White House regularly during the Clinton presidency. But of course Bill and Hill had no inkling that he was a perv! No sirree.

Translated into a trump twitter post … "Slick Willie and Crooked Hilary!

I think I may have mentioned this guy before. I’ve read some rather unsavoury stuff about him. Looks like things aren’t going to well for him . Allegations have been going since 2001 I think. Better late than never?

And i see Bush the elder has issued an apology to an actress for touching her inappropriately and talking dirty to her. From his wheelchair!! Makes you wonder where this will all end.

Here?

5 Likes

Stephen Hawking next???

So he has been doing it for nearly two decades but the industry has only just decided that the game is up because of the Weinstein situation? Classy.

Talking of whom, yet another actress has come out in the media and accussed him of rape. Still more trial by media. Go to the police, let them prosecute and lets see this odious toad behind bars.

It is possible for him to get a fair trial given the exposure this has had?

1 Like

I watched X- factor tonight, with Mrs Fatso. It was shit. Simon Cowell was ill and replaced by Aisha Dixon. That meant a panel of 3 women and Louis Walsh. Now, what I found interesting was the way the women leered over the men, Nicole even gyrated her fanny about in the direction of a male singer. Anyway, there were a lot of comments from 3 female judges about the appearance of the men and how aroused the women judges were. Not even the men judges do this on tv. It made me think about the way people on the whole are treated in that industry and that these three women hadn’t thought at all about their sexism and part in discrimination. Clearly this is mainly a thing that happens TO women but prime time tv tonight showed 3 women judging men by looks and banking comments about how successful they’ll be based on those looks

Any judgements based on looks is wrong. Equating it with raping actresses is a bit wrong. Harvey Weinstein sexually assaulted and raped women for going on 30 years.

Don’t watch X factor :zipper_mouth:

I’m not equating their comments with Weinstein or rape. I’m saying that even on mainstream tv it is acceptable for women to treat men as sex objects. I understand that men do this more than women but why is ok for anyone to do it? The whole system is fucked.

In fact, the whole world is fucked

3 Likes