:metoo: Harvey Weinstein

The Democrats don’t like Clinton (either of them being brought up either), Bill for obvious reasons but also his careerist wife turning a blind eye, Hilary Clinton and her narcissistic ways are the reason Trump is in power.

1 Like

She can’t take all of the blame for it, that is unfair. That’s like blaming Yoshida for our lack of goals. The millions of Americans that are obviously mental and voted for Trump have to take a bigger share of the blame. I don’t think she even voted for Trump ffs.

2 Likes

She would have if he’d made a sizeable donation to the Clinton Foundation.

4 Likes

How do you think bear got the vote in the Soviet joke elections? He had to make and receive a number of sizeable donations.

2 Likes

Yeah, but donations of Bear-goo really doesn’t count.

1 Like

Why, we’d be involved in the US/Iran war if she was in, emails would be banned and her twat of a husband would be playing the saxophone again, best leave it to an isolationist nutjob and wait it out for Bernie.

Ssshhh, we don’t mention the Soviet elections…

1 Like

That’s what he tells all the girls and some of the boys. Don’t trust him though, they all count when going for the STI check.

1 Like

Probably will regret this response.

Can you clarify what you meant as I don’t understand.

Whose fault is it?

• The people assaulted who kept quiet due to fear and shame.

• People who were assaulted but kept quiet to help their career.

• Other people who knew and kept quiet due help their career.

• People in powerful roles who abuse.

• all of the above.

2 Likes

I don’t believe at all in these third party bros who supposedly knew about it but didn’t tell anyone. It doesn’t seem v.likely. If I heard that someone at work had gone to a restaurant and wanked off in a potted plant I’d immediately tell everyone I knew. I don’t think I’d ever stop telling people! It’s human nature.

Primarily it will always be the fault of the people who abuse. In order for these people to be stopped (now call me cynical if you want but I don’t think they will stop of their own accord) they need to be reported. If people are making a conscious decision to put their own self interests/career progression before the reporting of these assaults then they are indirectly responsible for allowing the perpertrator the opportunity to continue. In my opinion.

2 Likes

Well hopefully this whole unedifying episode will give women (& men) more courage to report sexual abuse at the outset @gavstar

Hopefully it will also stop future potential abusers - though I’m less sure about this one.

3 Likes

We can only hope Cob. Other thing that bothers me is that this is likely the tip of a massive iceberg, I would speculate that at the bottom of this particular career ladder there are a lot more victims, we only get to hear from the ones who went on to be famous.

4 Likes

We also only seem to hear from ppl who told him to fk off. His hit rate must be awful! I wonder that he didn’t Give Up.

Strange that

Bet there are one or two stars squirming away because they put out and that now may become public knowledge

matey boy has nothing to lose now

That said, I bet there are many more film producers, record producers etc shitting their pants in this new world of public disclosure.

2 Likes

I don’t know if that is true bear. I watch this documentary called ‘Casting Couch’. It is some investigative journalism into this subject. The guy who does the investigating (the journalist) seems to have a pretty high success rate.

1 Like

Almost all of the victims say how he told them which other actresses he had banged. I spose that’s part of his system. Why are people staying quiet about this tho? Why aren’t they listing the names! If you know about this and keep quiet, you are part of the problem!

Sad thing is it’s not just captains of industry that are up to this. It’s all walks of society! Have you seen the documentaries about taxi drivers? It’s amazing what some ppl will do to get out of paying a fare.

This is why black cabs are so furious with Uber. It is infinitely harder to get a handjob in exchange for a lift home when you have an app overlord tracking your every move.

I have seen some investigative documentary about landlords as well but I think the government may have cracked down on this. I heard something about stamp duty will never be the same or something like that. It is sad really. Just honest businessmen trying to make their way in the world.

1 Like