:metoo: Harvey Weinstein

Hi SorS. Yeah, I think there’s a lot in this. I think even more so for very beautiful women. It kind of feels like they’re in a position of power (because of their beauty) and therefore in some way it’s OK to demean or belittle them - bring them down a peg or two.

Whereas most of them are just insecure kids, trying to make something of their lives.

2 Likes

I hear that getting into tv sports camera work is quite a challenge. What did you do, @saintbristol

I had to sleep with Rupert Mordoch mate, damn that was rough :cry:

5 Likes

Murdoch even :laughing:

It’s easy to be cynical Fatso, I was just expressing an opinion.

Did you have to tie his kangaroo down?

Now you’re bringing Rolf into it :grimacing:

And I was making a joke… which you seemed to get before posting this.

I’m now tired (and a little emotional) and going to bed. I hope when I wake up the world is all better and everyone can be happy again.

Yeah, these Australians, eh? :lou_sunglasses:

No worries mate … I’ve just finished 4, 12 hour days.

3 Likes
4 Likes

It’s snowballing big time.

Keep defending her ladies(and men).

Others have said this is nothing new goes back to the golden age of Hollywood.

Positives about it are that men are now also making accusations (against other men)

Negative in my mind is that the whistleblowers are only now speaking out because the warped system (or their talent) got them a position where they can be heard.

There will also be thousands of hopefuls that were abused had promises made to them yet still never made it.

For me this will play out in courts for a long time but that isn’t important.

What is important is that the culture of the casting couch is finally destroyed.

Elitism that allows “power abuse” can only be destroyed one step at a time.

This is a good start.

Obviously written by a woman who has no concept of the exquisite pain associated with a cricket ball impacting the nether regions at 90 mph.

Sorry Lou, I dont get your point. I started this thread and what went on “pushed me over the edge” if you like. I was responding to Barry’s need to blame everything on liberals. This has nothing to do with liberals and everything to do with abuse of power and others failing to deal with it properly. Wouldnt you agree? As for Weinstein, he seems an odious creep, but I also hate to see trial by media. There is a legal system in place. If he has raped and sexually assaulted women the place for him to be tried is in court, not in the media.

1 Like

Going back to my original point, we all know that things went on in the past that are now, rightly, deemed as unacceptable. One of Americas most famous Presidents, JFK, was a notorious womaniser yet his legacy remains untarnished. We all know about Bill Clinton’s extra marital activities. Yet Trump gets elected after it being widely publicised that he thinks it is ok to grab a woman by the pussy and Weinstein, allegedly, has been carrying on like the old movie moguls from Hollywood in the mid 20th century. Barry seems to think that the allowance of this unchecked, until, now behaviour is all down to liberals. He still hasnt been able to come out and substantiate that but, no doubt, will blame our lack of goals on liberals some point soon. What is it about our society that allows this behavious to continue well into the supposedly more enlightened times of the 21st century? And I am not blaming women for not speaking out earlier (although do question those who took money to keep quiet). Plenty of men knew about his actions and either did nothing to stop it or helped to cover it up. This is not the 70’s 80’s or 90’s. This is now when we are all supposed to know better. Phil said that this is the end of the casting couch. I wonder if it really is given that it has been going on forever in one way or another whenever men have power over the future of women.

My point was, this whole thread is full of so many caveats, suspicions, yeah but this, or why didn’t they do this, or why did they take the money. (Not just from you - I guess I replied to you, probably because I thought you’d be the one to see through all this nonesense). It felt like the only time everyone was in agreement, was outrage at Barry and his (yawn) attack on Liberals.

4 Likes

Yes to all of this, except:

“although do question those who took money to keep quiet” - I think this is unreasonable. This was their only way at the time to seek some kind of justice.

"Barry seems to think that the allowance of this unchecked, until, now behaviour is all down to liberals. " This isn’t about Liberals! Who gives a fuck what bloody Barry says about bloody liberals!

And from your previous post:

"I also hate to see trial by media. There is a legal system in place. " I agree in part, but if it wasn’t for the media, this story wouldn’t have surfaced. So in this instance, the legal system hasn’t served the purpose it needs to.

4 Likes

These fkn bitches need to stop fatshaming this poor old man tho. That is making me v.angar. Every report is going on about how big & fat & gross he is. What has that got to do with it!