šŸ“ŗ GOOD SHOWS (no capeshit pls)

Why did you lot do to Dr Who?
Pregnant men & Ghostbusters monsters?
Oh dear

Beavis and Butthead. Still stupidly hilarious.

Homeland dropped on Netflix while I was away.
We never saw the last season S6?
Been catching up of late, actually think it was their best in terms of conspiracies and depth of characters.
Enjoying

Got to say it again - Ray Donovan - did not think it could maintain the level of excellence but this current series is just superbā€¦ brilliantly acted all round, sharp script and ridiculous mad plot that is made believable by the superb character portrayals ā€¦ brilliant

Sorry if anyone has mentioned it already but Star Trek Discovery is back next Friday on Netflix.

Also Danger Will Robinson is back ā€œsoonā€ apparently.

Going to watch the latest Vikings on Amazon now.

Good times.

1 Like

Tell me about it. Freight will take 50 days to get to Poland, and with Disco back, no way I was going without the TV that long - itā€™s going by airfreight!

Really enjoyed Tin Star. Also would like to go to Canada.

I like the lead. He was excellent as Titus Pollo in Rome.

And looks a bit like Sotonians beer pal Lee.

I pretty muchā€¦ no in fact I did binge this today and a bit of last night.

This is the problem with being an old sci fi genre nerd.

Not only has Groundhog Day been done, but the concept has been done in pretty much every sci fi show of note, plus there has already been an entire show built exclusively on the premise, which wrapped 14 years ago.

Is it any better than Tru Calling, Nik?

Never watched it or even heard of Tru Calling. Never seen Groundhog Day either.
So let me enjoy what I enjoy. Some others may too.

1 Like

Groundhog Day is a masterwork. Iā€™d plug that gap sooner rather than later.

And it wasnā€™t a dig at you. It was the weary resignation of someone that has seen it all before.

I remember scrubs did this format so well that I questioned my sanity as to whether I had put in the wrong DVD or just misremembered (FoldyB is 'misremembered an actual word?) how the episode panned out.

That was the cute actress who played the baddie in Buffy.

1 Like

Indeed it was. Elisha Dushku, who always did a combination of sultry and slightly pissed off very well. Five by five.

Discovery S2 has become episodic Star Trek
Excellent

Been watching True Detective season three. Donā€™t remember much about the second season, except that it was hard work at times, following a property deal or somesuch. I got through it, but only out of a sense of obligation.

This is excellent. Mahershala Ali is the lead, playing himself in three different time periods, a 1980 cop investigating what he presumes is a double child murder, a 1990 cop being told one of the children is potentially alive, and a 2015 widower, reflecting on it all.

Excellent, dark stuff - recalling the broken and shady world the first season shone a light on.

Had a few hours to myself so caught up with later seasons of Black Mirror.
Wow.
The social media one was thought provoking, the Bees one was just genius, the one after that, be right back is just a mind fvck.
Again, genius writing and next gen TV

Alan Partridgeā€¦ is back

ā€˜Alice Kluntā€™ā€™

Its "Alice Fluckā€™ā€™

Oh I see what I did thereā€¦

2 Likes

I have powered through Mad Men in the last few weeks with my part time role (I will try to find a course/job to take up a bit more of my time). 7 series (though Iā€™d watched series 1 last year). I love the vintage clothing etc but struggled with liking anyone much and thought most of them would have died due to drink driving/liver failure/syphilis. Itā€™s good in that it shows that period of history in New York.