šŸ“ŗ GOOD SHOWS (no capeshit pls)

Finished True Detective Season 3. A very satisfying piece of television. The thing I always forget about TD is that each season is only eight episodes long. The multi-decade timeshift worked beautifully, as did the denouement, leaving so much solved and so much up to interpretation at the same time. A masterwork.

Fleabag series 2 starts Monday. Hope its as goods the first

1 Like

Mrs SL didnā€™t see the first seriesā€¦I watched on iPlayer. Sheā€™s been primed for this seriesā€¦I think sheā€™s going to love it.:lou_lol:

1 Like

Get her to watch S1 thoughā€¦ the back story and revelation of her guilt are as compelling as it was heartbreakingā€¦ the humour was exceptional too

1 Like

Not having an Amazon account here yet (the UAE one was 90% Bollywood) I see American Gods S2 drops on 11th March.
Time to sort my shit out & get signed up locally

Pretty good start.

2 Likes

Yep, very good - brilliantly written. I always find I am constantly on the edge between LOL and sadnessā€¦

1 Like

Think I mentioned the first series of Trapped. Itā€™s set in Iceland. This one covers far right issues and too many murders for a small town. Loving the Icelandic jumpers.
Itā€™s on BBC iplayer and I shouldnā€™t have started watching it at midnight.

2 Likes

Dag! Enjoyed the first series, but not had a chance to start on series 2 yet and needs concentrationā€¦ with all the Nordic Noir I have watched since The Killing and The Bridge, I can pick up quite a bit of Swedish, Danish and Norwegian, but Icelandic and Finnish still unfathomableā€¦

1 Like

This is the only Nordic Noir Iā€™ve watched. I may have to.try some more.

Dunno if anyone has mentioned Turn Up Charlie.

Netflix. Idris Elba.

Wonā€™t do a spoiler but itā€™s watchable and made me do a few laugh out louds.

On episode 3 back to back so it canā€™t be bad.

Just watching the last ep of Trapped. I worked out the killer 2 episodes ago.
:female_detective:

Has anyone else realised that Idris Elba is shit? He was ok in The wire but come on. Luther? Dogshit. Absolute derivative shite with awful acting.

But Iā€™m enjoying Turn Up Charlie. Either Iā€™m not the TV critic of your undoubted calibre or Iā€™m enjoying shite TV.

Iā€™ll give you the latter

:wink:

1 Like

Not sure if it goes here

Just finished watching The Dirt on Netflix

Mƶtley CrĆ¼e biopic a la the Queen one.

Quite enjoyable - lots of nudie stuff as to be expected. Learned a few things I didnā€™t know, lots of questions unanswered but a good easy watch.

With that, itā€™s goodnight :+1:

Iā€™m surprised you have time to watch anything. Iā€™ve seen your Twitter feed.

shudders

1 Like

One great thing about Netflix is that it allows people to see shows we may not see (restrictions/rights/timing)

So having missed so many of his great works weā€™ve just started Our Planet.
Donā€™t think our gobs have ever been so jointly smacked by such camera work.
Total HD Heaven

ā€˜I think you know how to love better than any of us, thatā€™s why you find it all so painfulā€™

Fantastic line from a perfect piece of television

In Fleabags time slot is Back to Life about a woman released from prison and trying to get along.
I enjoyed it, not maybe as laugh out loud as other stuff but felt it was well acted.
Only issue I had was I donā€™t think she would have got 18 years and do a full sentence.

1 Like

Anyone watching ā€˜Lee and Deanā€™ on Channel 4? I saw the first series last year and enjoyed it,very funny. Second series started this week, Problem is you need to have watched the first series to get it. But it is really really funny.