Most people do @saintbristol , most people do

:lou_sad:

1 Like

:laughing:

Most people miss Cobā€™s posts SB :lou_wink_2:

As Beltch would sayā€¦

Cunt

Hicā€¦!

Watched all 6 Black Mirror episodes now. Had to stop at episode 3, too much Charlie Brooker is bad for your mental health :laughing:

Little bit disappointed with the first and last one. The finale seemed a bit too meta and playing to his online fans. Maybe the Netflix influence? Epā€™s 2,3, 4 and 5 were just incredible. ā€œCrocodileā€ ep 3 just killed it. Andrea Riseborough is just great.

2 Likes

BBCā€™s McMafia shows promise. Main criticism is that being a mainstream terretrial channel, they always have to tone down the ā€˜gritty realityā€™ /realism to make its suitable for a brorder audience, so whilst acting and production is spot on, it lacks the real horror that the story and enviroment demands.

Interesting stuff though and will keep me watching

Iā€™ve watched 4 episodes so far. The 4th one was my favourite! About the Dating. It was v.funny & interest. When that one guy is going down on that bird and he comes up and makes the AH drinking noise! That made me lol srs.

I didnā€™t like the one about the woman and the insurance memory woman though. Is that the crocodile one? I didnā€™t make it to the end of that one cos it was Annoying me the things that woman was doing I didnā€™t buy it.

1 Like

Okā€¦ honest truth: is ā€˜Dexterā€™ worth an 8 series binge?

1 Like

No

2 Likes

Worth a watch until the woman (I think his sister) becomes a running addict. Soon as the bitch starts running, switch off.

3 Likes

While I enjoyably bumble my way through ā€œit actually isnā€™t shit Sherlockā€ (Elementary) and get to the delights of not on Netflix yet DVDā€™s we picked up on hols (The 100, Outlander) I see the Beeb have done a what to watch in 2018 article

Interesting that JJ Abrams is turning Stephen King into a ā€œMarvelverseā€ that could really get messyā€¦

Obviously you already have some of these coming your way.

More importantly the resumption of Discovery happens tonight!

We havenā€™t managed to get past first episode. Please tell me it gets better?

Struggling with Little Women. Finding it a bit tedious. Have the Miniaturist downloaded for holiday travel.

I would say stick with it. Though itā€™s more a history of how profiling developed than a traditional detective whodunnit

Watched the first two, the human trafficking angle was really upsetting.

I have expressed my love of Elementary after hating the entire concept when I first heard of it.

I have subsequently struggled to define why and how I have learned to love it.

Mrs D_P nailed it tonight. Johnny Lee Miller is superb. Heā€™ not Benedict but he is something else. He is ā€œa mad Dr Who or he is Houseā€

His journey and that of Watson (Lucy Liu) is a great story.

Itā€™ NOT Conan Doyle but even with the limitations of a 45 minute show, the back story makes it superb TV LIGHTWEIGHT and DEEP at the same time.

Johnny Lee Miller has won awards for it. I see why.

Park the prejudice bus, dig into the darkness and become an addict

Iā€™m enjoying Travelers (sic) on Netflix - first season was good and its improved in the second which Iā€™m half way through.

Decent if slightly mad premise, slightly gritty sci-fi and mostly unknown actors usually go down well with me (only one Iā€™d seen before is the main guy who was/is Will in Will & Grace) but this might be a bit too far fetched for some

is it a bit like ā€˜slidersā€™?

Just watched latest Star Trek - Me & Mrs C_S mightily impressed - bodes well for rest of season!

Nw catching up with latest Lucifer for light relief

Vikings later

Yeah there are quite a few similarities, but Travelers has less of the ā€œknock off Quantum Leapā€ aspect which bugged me with Sliders