đŸ“ș GOOD SHOWS (no capeshit pls)

I enjoyed Jack Whitehall at large on Netflix last night.

Mix of he can’t say that moments and classic comedy timings. Guess he is the current hipster hero that your Mum thinks is offensive

I’ve no doubt mentioned it already, but I highly recommend “Mindhunter” It’s on Netflix and it’s David Fincher.

1 Like

So it turns out that Kit Harrington did an interview in the Big Issue and said he hoped people didn’t think Gunpowder was ‘Meh’. Ah well.

1 Like

Next on the list - after Outlander (which is superb) we switched to Amazon Prime for American Gods.

We think we like that, just have NO idea wtf is going on yet

I haven’t got round to American Gods yet. It’s on the list, “Mindhunter” is based on a book by the original FBI psychologist who inspired the characters in Silence of the Lambs etc. It’s also wonderfully shot. David Fincher has a certain style but it’s perfect for crime drama. It’s the best thing i’ve seen recently.

1 Like

I’ told that S3 of Outlander has popped up on Amazon.

Gonna have to keep that quiet for a while to get Gods finished!

Quick word for Designated Survivor - it’ settled down from conspiracy theory to become an entertaining look at what the White House would be like with a human in charge - kind of total anti-Trump.

It’ now kind of meandering rather than gripping but the show holds up a mirror to the ways of “the elite” so remains a good watch.

I’ve watched that now. I found it Binge Worthy. I thought it got a bit soapy and dumb as it went on, but overall I would give it a solid B and qualify it for Good Shows.

Just finished Stranger Things 2. We didn’t binge! Loved it.

3 Likes

Watched the season finale of Tin Star. It got better as it went on thanks in the main to Tim Roth. It ended with a bang but surprised to hear that series 2 is on the way. The Canadian Rockies look awesome.

3 Likes

Due to a lack of things to watch at the moment (don’t want to start new binge stuff with a BIG GOLF WEEK coming up, we dipped out toes into The 100 last night.

Nuclear Apocalypse, Human Survivors hanging on in a Space Station cobbled together from space junk. Send a bunch of “delinquents” down to see if Earth has become habitable.

I suppose it had to fall straight into the Lord of the Flies trap, and it does.

But so far the review/rating is - it is not shit so that is a plus and will be something to continue with tonight over dinner before we go full Event Management mode for the rest of the week - ie 18 hour days

Of course it may still turn to shit or (I doubt it) turn into something gently entertaining
 BUt it seems to be a SciFi channel type thing so lots of snogging and no “modern visual excess”

Spoiler

It gets Violent

Oh goodie - but that’s quite normal around the Left Bank Bar late afternoon at 17th Hole at the golf so not a spoiler.

How about the show?

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like

The Wire. Again.

So good. So fucking good.

3 Likes

I gave up with The Wire as I couldnt understand a word they were saying. I did persevere as I thought I would eventually get the jist of it, but it wasnt to be.

“Godless” on Netflix is really good. 8 part modern western mini series, it’s a self contained drama. So like an 8 hour movie. It looks stunning and keeps you gripped. Seriously don’t know how cinema can compete with TV at the moment.

Racist.

1 Like

It was more the white guys that I was having trouble with!

1 Like