⛺ Glastonbury 2019

They had one at Download last year. Very good for the olde beers. Think it worked out about a quid a beer, so really not much different from the normal prices. Obviously a shitload cheaper than anywhere else selling food and drink.

Better tell Bazza the rumours it was going to be a Waitrose store was just fake news. :lou_wink:

4 Likes

Puts it into perspective. I thought it was much bigger than it was (probably because of the wading through mud the other year and it taking ages everywhere). Put your postcode into the search bar.

https://gsp8181.co.uk/glasto/?fbclid=IwAR2cs93tOT-1o3IMLx2f2Fcj3l1C2eLj8rsMeoY3ixvAZbfIsoGSsEYXkek

2 Likes

You thought it was bigger, overlay it where I live and it’s mahoosive…

1 Like

ROLY-POLY-GREY-2016 +

=

3 Likes

Mini update as well on “kit”
Our campervan this year has to be collected from Castle Cary. And dropped back there on Monday and I have to be at Bompey Airport by 11am eek. But we have a plan even if I board unwashed for a week!
. The van only sleeps 2 cramped up but 1 of the gang has some new fangled inflatable tent thingy plus blow up intex airbeds Yay!

Intiniki has the right idea.
I go for an Outwell Pasodas:

topped with a Vango self inflating mat.
The Pasodas is heavy but then I have one of these to lug gear:
Prestige-Big-Boy-Camo-Carp-Porter-With-DPM
What is that mattress topper @Intiniki?

2 Likes

It’s a little portable futon from futon company. Pricey but I’ve been sleeping just on that for about 4 years. So I feel I’ve got my money’s worth. Also good to have for people staying over. I was looking at inflatables or just a roll mat but think I’ll stick with the above kit. It all sits fairly well next to my partner’s roll out chair bed thing he has. A sheet over it all and our double duvet should do the trick.

1 Like

I would have quite liked something that high but wouldn’t work with my partner’s “bed”. Although this year we have a 4 person tent with two sleeping areas. We could have an area each and not have to deal with each other.

2 Likes

Such a difference being able to park by your tent & avoid 5 x 2 mile trips with Goaties trolley!

Yeah we don’t have a trolley. We were able to borrow one at the last camping place and there may be ones at Tangerine Fields. But generally it’s about 3 trips back and forth to car.

So what’s the story on these new acts then?

Is @Barry-Sanchez going to be right? Are the Spice Girls going to be announced?

I hope he tries again in the resale.

Say you’ll be there, Barry :slight_smile:

Ha Ha the crappest line up ever, you gotta laugh.

sometimes when people reply it does seem a bit like they’re doing this.

download

2 Likes

Nursery level fishing? :smiley:

Selling ginger step children?

1 Like

On the up-side…the moaners won’t be there so the atmosphere should be perfect. :lou_lol:

4 Likes

Keep up @pap Spice Girls have split up.
LBGT Gate blah blah
Oh sorry I forgot you don’t read the Fail.

I think I remember hearing of The Magic Numbers…
So that’s a plus, makes about 10 acts I’ve heard of which is about par for me hence the enjoyment of discovery I get every year.
Disappointed there are no DISCOPOLO acts confirmed yet, it’s a whole genre that should get UN protected status
(Preferably on Mars)

I’ll be all over The Magic Numbers. Saw the tail end of their set last time and loved them.