⛺ Glastonbury 2019

Think I saw a gig of theirs on TV from the Eden Project? How that happened being in Dubai is what is doing my head in at the moment.

Just 100,000 remoaners…

Channel 5 are bidding for it I hear, I’ll still watch it though.

They were charming, really pleased to be there and loved the reaction they got. I think they’ll be on the Acoustic Stage again.

1 Like

Not been to Acoustic since a very poor Alison Moyet unplugged set way back when, but happy to see the numbers, perfect afternoon in The Park music

Love The Park. Hope they’ve some good acts on there this year. My time with Sleaford Mods and especially The Flaming Lips will live long in the memory.

Have you learned nothing from Sotoinans, Bazza? We never trust what the BBC says :wink:

2 Likes

Don Cavani is THE greatest Glasto moment ever followed by special guests Elbow. Both in the Park a few years apart.
We’d seen Kaiser Chiefs & Blondie fancied a quiet hour, the crowds towards Pyramid & John Peel were insane so we went to the Real Ale bar at the Park.
A gig was finishing everyone was leaving, we sat down with waterproofs around our wellies and steaming crutches - pints of Otterbourne Ale and herbal remedies.
This French bloke came onstage with a tone in his voice of Roy Orbison - Don.
Then the sun came out. Glasto has never been better& that’s what Baz will never understand.

Elbow? Well Perfect Day was our 1st dance at our wedding thanks to seeing them support Coldplay on The Pyramis. Mrs P_F wasn’t there but I streamed that song & the singing. Even her parents cried at the emotion of that song in that place at that moment & they’d never heard of elbow before the wedding.

1 Like

A combo of the Times reporting something allegedly that the BBC have said. Hmmm.

Anyway I am looking forward to the following (and probably not being able to see them all)
Killers, Cure, Stomzy, Kylie, Tame Impala, Janelle Monae, Christine and the Queens, The Good the Bad and the Queen, Michael Kiwanuka, The Streets, Loyle Carner, Johnny Marr, Bastille, Snow Patrol, Two Door Cinema Club, Neneh Cherry, Hozier, Friendly Fires and maybe some Wu-Tang Clan. That’s money’s worth there.

There are others I’d like to check out like Sigrid, Vampire Weekend, Magic Numbers (though have a feeling I may have seen them somewhere before), Years and Years,Sheryl Crow. Plus I’ll check out recommendations from others and may pop along to something else.

It’s not even all of it and I think there is plenty to keep me occupied.

4 Likes

And this is coming from someone that doesn’t spend five days at Glastonbury getting fucked up in a field.

Imagine how excited that camp is :smiley:

2 Likes

OK my “Excel Sheet” (until the Glasto App comes out) would include

Interpol
Lauryn Hill
Miley Cyrus
Neneh Cherry
Snow Patrol*
The Streets
Vampire Weekend
Chemical Brothers*
Years & Years
Bastille*
Sheryl Crow
George Ezra
The Killers****
Liam Gallagher
Janet Jackson*
The Cure*****
Kylie*
Friendly Fires
The Magic Numbers

• Really want to see and would pay/have paid >30 quid to go to see
    ***** I’ll be there no matter who else is on

So that’s already 19 gigs across 3 days and still well over 100+ acts to be announced including some big named rumours.
Couteneers, Bradley Cooper, Bros (:rofl:), David Attenborough, Fat Boy Slim, Frank Turner, Hacienda Classical, Jeff Goldblum & his Jazz Thingy,.

And then of course the Special Guests selection.

Nope, it’s a dreadful lineup :lou_facepalm_2:

Looks like Janelle will clash with The Cure. Shame that.

Keep using that blanket, it’ll come in handy for the event.

I’m also hoping for Frank Turner. We have a lot of cross overs. This time if I spy you I will say hi!

2 Likes

Yep. Hard one that. Want to see Janelle as may not get another chance but it’s the Cure heading Glastonbury. Ffs.

1 Like

Labelle is headlining Bazza’s proper edgy Millenial festival. She’s slotted in between HP & Heineken Product Activations and brand loyalty exercises at Coachella.
There are always clashes at Glasto The Cure may not have many years left to get on The Pyramid, pretty sure Janelle will get up there late afternoon pretty soon

1 Like

Baz will be gutted if he misses this rumoured band

By the look of Robert Smith he’ll be getting on the stage with the help of a JCB…

1 Like