⛺ Glastonbury 2019

I don’t know whether it is because I am slightly pickled on a Fridau night, but I’m having bouts of involuntary peals of laughter here.

The Mighty Quo. I grant you, they might be edigy if they dredge Mick Parfitt up in whatever corporeal form he is available in, but I fear his ashes were scattered in the middle of the road.

Quo. Peals. Rinse and repeat.

2 Likes

Mikey is this year’s Katy Perry.
I would NEVER pay to go see either of them, but 2 years ago we saw Katy and she was superb & I know Miley will be as well.
Equally I know my magic moments will be up tgere with Don Cavani at The Park, Wombles at Avalon La Roux in a tiny tent just as they broke or & Bellowhead at West Holts.
My objective this year is to get to one of the late night places, Arcadia or similar and The Chemical Brothers.
Stormsy? No we’ll find something better

1 Like

Millie has a wonderful voice. If she makes the effort, it might end up rather memorable.
Have fun and find your kind of thing(like it was a true music festival, with a wide variety). I have a feeling its going to be a very good year.

Keep having that comfort blanket Pap, if the mighty Quo and me wanting to see them makes you happier whilst watching Clive in that chicken outfit on an upper then so be it.

I’m for the record laughing at the line up.

2 years wait and you have the Killers, Stomzy and a fat Robert Smith…

The Chemical Brothers have never player Glastonbury before so it should be something new…

Hmm. Three tweets from Liverpudlian peeps against the line up, three tweets for it

I’m not sure what’s sadder. Is it you thinking this is news or is it sadder that the Liverpool Echo thinks it is?

2 Likes

Probably a bit of both, its still funny, still looking forward to it but from the comfort of my garden, all that agg for that no chance. I’ll try again next year and hopefully get lucky with some good headliners as without them it struggles a bit.
If I were offered a ticket now for all that time off work etc etc I wouldn’t take it, flag that, ale in and watch on the telly.
Its a week away in the sun or Robert Smith, they put a depressing Goth on a Sunday night when everyone has work on the Monday, who’s the encore Bod Geldof?

What is all this shit and hair-tearing about lack of “Headliners”…just because those who are going won’t have and endless supply of boring “I was there” stories and those who don’t have a ticket have an endless supply “I’m glad I couldn’t get ticket” stories.

Either way, misery is their “comfort blanket” Luxuriate in your fluffy outrage Baz.

2 Likes

Say what you want, its a shit headline list, absolute wank, a field full of 40 somethings listening to Robert Smith on a Sunday night brightens my day.

Christ is he still going on? I’m sure you’ll get down down with the shoe shopping baz and won’t miss glasto at all. What you’re proposing is some old time rock and roll, enjoying Marguerita time by staying at home and avoiding the rain at worthy farm. I hope you get whatever you want.

3 Likes

Yes, he is still going on about it. It’s the status quo :wink:

5 Likes

Led Zep, Sabbath, The Who, Blondie, a bit a good ole rock and roll, not some veggie loving hipster shite being served up here.
I’ll have it on in the garden regardless and laugh at the line up.
No shoe shopping, purely sight seeing shit, photo from Brooklyn, Empire state, Staten Island etc etc, a far superior gig in my humble, now if the above bands or Fleetwood Mac were playing on the main stage to accompany the other stages and lesser known bands I be seething but I’m not, I can’t wait to go to Glastonbury again I really can’t but am made up this is the one I couldn’t get tickets for.

Blondie were on in 2016. At around 1pm on The Other Stage. They didn’t sound that great. Ginge and I ended up getting caught in a crush trying to get back over to the Pyramid.

I think your choices reveal how edgy you are, me old son.

When did any of those bands last release a stormer of an album? I’ll be generous. What decade?

2 Likes

Where have I said I’m edgy? I’m not, I’m a boring ass middle class (by my wife) person, my edgy days are a long way behind me and I don’t ever intend to recreate them in a field 25 years later.
I stated and will say again it needs a younger audience for that edge, 75% of the tickets should be to under 30’s or even 25’s.

1 Like

If the line-up is as shit as you suggest, you’ll have no problems scooping up tickets in the resale.

Or. Just maybe. Glastonbury is something special in its own right and people will pay their remaining balances in droves.

Plus, like Goaters, I’ve already made a list of people I’ll be seeing. The Streets is going to be a fucking good gig. You won’t have heard of them. They’re not going to release any songs in your world for about a decade.

Anyway, I have been re-reading this thread. A couple of things jump out. First, @Polski_Filip actually saw the Quo at Glasto a few years ago. Like Blondie, they were on early.

Second, you said you would piss yourself laughing if Stormzy headlined. Did this happen, and where were you when you heard the news?

Thats my point I won’t be attempting to as its poor, if it was good I’d try for sure. There’ll be people who think this is the best line up ever and fair play, the Streets are a band I certainly wouldn’t associate you with Pap, lad culture doesn’t fit you, reebok classics, staffies, stella and fake tanned birds etc etc.
I love them ha ha!

Yeah, but that’s because you’re a judgemental plum that berates Glasto for its lack of edge and then suggests “the mighty Quo” as Pyramid headliners.

All together now…

We’ll see who we want
We’ll see who we wa-nt!
Fuck your constraints, Baz.
We’ll see who we want.

That’s a variant of a chant, Barry. It’s the sort of thing that happens at football stadiums :wink:

After seeing The Streets last month I would say the audience was about as far away from 'reebok classics, staffies, stella and fake tanned birds etc etc." as possible.

1 Like

Probably now indeed so but we’re there many Paps in there?