⛺ Glastonbury 2019

Kaiser Chiefs (the surprise guests) before Blondie knocked it out the park. Debbie voice had gone and was only a sing a long. We saw the crush to the Pyramid so went to the Park and had our magical Don Cavani moment.
I’m glad Stormzy is doing 1 of the Pyramid sets. It will allow us to finally get to Arcadia or Shangri La or one of the other late night/Rave areas.
Will be my 3rd Killers & Snow Patrol gigs both of whom were epic in Dubai.
Miley and the other female singers top of the list as well.
I guess Baz would moan at Nile Rodgers or Barry Gibb or Dolly Patton, all of which put on some of the greatest sets.
Oh an Chemical Brothers came to prominence with their Other Stage set about a decade ago. Also carved in Glasto legend.
Funnily when on our 12km hike along the coast yesterday (in my Glasto waterproof gear) met one of the Brides guests who was also in his Glasto gear.
Like me he’s really excited this year as there will be must see shows every hour if every day.
Lots of walking to be done!
Training time!!

There aren’t many Paps anywhere mate.

2 Likes

Some rare footage here of Bazza and his posse throwing some shapes down the British Legion one Saturday night, way back when. Enjoy.

5 Likes

Been a fan of the Streets for a while. Maybe listen to the music and stop making inane judgements about people.

Also when did you go to Glastonbury?

1 Like

Don’t watch it all the way through…you’ll get the picture after about 10 seconds and even those 10 seconds you’ll never get back. :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

Can I just say that even in their heyday, Status Quo were never cool. It was just shit the middle aged bought.

Can you imagine the shit teenage Baz got when trying to hawk In The Army Now to his peers via Walkman? Explains a lot, imo :smiley:

1 Like

One of the best acts I ever saw at a festival was this guy, who went on and played for hours as the other acts were stuck in traffic. He held off the rain with sheer charisma…nobody would dare rain on his parade…
Can’t find any footage on YouTube but this was filmed a couple of weeks before…

Still has that perpetual smile today…

1 Like

I saw them when I was a nipper in the early 80’s at the Gaumont - seem to remember it was quite enjoyable. Nobody sneering as I recall.

The only couple of things I remember about Status Quo was their first hit, “Pictures of Matchstick Men” which I instinctively hated on first hearing and the old joke, “Have you heard Status Quo’s latest? No but I know how it goes”

1 Like

Is that a surprise? You were surrounded by Status Quo fans.

I was working there (not wanking)

For the record, like @Polski_Filip, I’d have gone to see Quo just to see what they were actually like. I suspect that the commercial friendly nature of their work, especially “whatever you want” which is particularly useful to commercial advertisers, has kept them paid.

I would never suggest they headline the Pyramid tho, and I also think he did well by missing out on tickets.

My genuine view on the line-up is that it is much like any line-up. There is something for everybody in there, two of the headliners are still doing significant new material and The Cure is perfect for the Glastonbury demographic.

Young Adult #2 and I chilled a bit making a Glasto playlist. “Ooh, I don’t like The Cure.”, she says. Not for the first time, I played her “Close To Me”. She likes The Cure.

Young Adult #1? Charlotte?

Sometimes :wink:

1 Like

Fair enough @pap

If you were in their shoes and have to make a living, like all of us, wouldn’t you do what they’ve done?

(Obvs once you have enough money you can do whatever you want for your “artistic integrity” but I hear the remaining Wuo had to chip in to actually bury Parfitt- which was really sad)

All I’ll say is that I hope Quo were into what they did. You can forgive the fact that is not your cup of tea if a band genuinely thinks it is theirs. You might not be into it, but if they are, does it matter?

1 Like

True @pap

I played in amateur bands (who with hind sight were shite) when I was a fookin student, mainly at parties and we really enjoyed what we did.

Adrenaline and approbation make you feel you have a foot long schlong…Wish I could get it now.

For Spotify peeps.

FFS…NO QUO. :lou_facepalm_2:

99, the one and only, had tickets for a few before but over egged the pudding if you know what I mean.

2 decades.

Accountant?