⛺ Glastonbury 2019

I’d doubt you know a good rock band Pap.

There is a meltdown on social media and also comfort blankets of glastonbury is an experience, an experience of middle aged people in a field with mud? Fuck that I’d rather go to a shopping centre and keep my feet dry.

Fuck it you middle-age wusses. On The Island we slept in a ditch under a piece of polythene…1 tin of cold baked beans for the weekend and shat in the same ditch. :lou_lol:

2 Likes

I didn’t know you were in Lost :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Good Rock Band…

Basically rock music died with nirvana. There’s some good bands now but it great and all are slaves to their masters and are afraid to take risks.

More Baz bollocks…who are these “slaves”…“masters” and what are the “risks” they’re afraid to take. :neutral_face:

Record companies.

Now the question is would Glastonbury have sold out as quickly if punters knew this was playing?

Pppppppghhhhhaaaaahhhhaaaaa!

Yes. Because it does.
I even found you on Twitter as one of the first moaners about the lineup.
Take a break. It seems like it’s all doom and gloom in your life.
What’s that saying. If you haven’t got anything nice to say don’t say anything.

1 Like

Go see Idles.

They’re no Quo admittedly.

I will check out your list and see if there is anything I’d enjoy.

2 Likes

I’m not into music as much as you lot so don’t know much about the acts from lines 2 down, however The Cure, The Killers and George Ezra I do enjoy

As quickly I wrote and I’d place a large bet it would take an awful lot longer, I love Glastonbury and want to go but I’m glad I missed out this time, won’t even be going for the resale, it’s a poor line up and no deflection or experience the experience excuses hold.
It may be the best Glastonbury yet but that won’t be down to that line up or headliners.

I know that Status Chord were not a good rock band. They were beloved by the easy listening crossover crowd, as I recall.

There are quite a few acts on that list that I’ve never seen and would like to see. The Killers will be amazing, or they’d better be after Brandon Flower’s pointless bitching about being on John Peel.

I’d never go out of my way to see The Cure, but I can bore people with the fact thereafter, and I am intrigued. Haven’t heard anything they’ve made since the '90s.

Other than that, it’s Glastonbury, mate. A near week of getting fucked up in fields watching bands, or sitting at home watching it on the Beeb pondering a very large credit card bill, converted from US dollars, spent mostly on shoes.

Take yer pick I s’pose.

2 Likes

Coming down the front with us for the Killers? They go from hit to hit, there’s no let up and they are so good live. I haven’t seen them moan re John Peel slot.

Of course I am biased.

Only 2 of the 5 headliners have made an album this decade apparently, I’m chuckling at the defensive posture of now its not about the music but the experience, a music concert in essence not about music but Clive aged 34 from Hemel Hemstead dressing up as a chicken for 4 days on some weak pills and base having an experience…

1 Like

My sister loves them and seen them loads, my best man from my wedding reviews bands up in the North West and thinks they’re shit live and arrogant with the fans so I suppose its subjective, they were brilliant at the last one its true but this time at the next one?
Desperation from Eavis as he/she couldn’t find anyone else.

I never thought I’d say this in the Glastonbury thread, but you make an interesting point, @Barry-Sanchez.

Is that really five headliners? Why have we got five headliners? Are there going to be bands all five nights?