Glastonbury 2016

Kanye appeared in a festival in Dubai, With one stage, 10 bands during one day, no mud and flsuhing toilets with a Bidet Hose for fussy people. It is still a source of great pride that I walked out within 30 seconds of his first track.

About 5 years ago I was at Glasto when JayZ was headlining. I was firmly in the STONE THE DEVIL, BURN EMILY AT THE STAKE camp,

I HATE Hip Hop, RnB and all Krap derivatives (apart from Aerosmith doing a version of Run DMC live).

All week the “Worthy Farm” Radio was going on about how big JZ was going to be and all week it was no fooking way. In fact I stated I wouuld prefer to walk to the top of Flag Hil and roll in piss at 1am rather than hear him.

I went.to the Pyramid Stage. I watched him

He owned it. From the first bad chord on his guitar to his Amy has to go to rehab rap. To my shame he was bloody brilliant.

I won a ticket to his show over here 2 years ago, couldn’t give it away and didn’t use it as then it would have been some dumb rapper making money. I change channels in the car when Rap comes on…

Kanye? No, I’d have preferred to be locked in a Glasto Portaloo for 2 hours with nothing to smoke

Thing is RB, while all you say is true, what Glasto gives every year is one magical moment.

Dolly Parton & Jolene in 2013, Neil Diamond & Sweet Caroline, The Prodigy, Tony Christie & Amarillo, Elbow - A day like this, The Wombats ffs, Christ, even Seasick Steve and God bless them, The bloody Wombles,

Moments that you walk miles through piss for and are simply magical. 20,000 in an 80,000 crowd balling their eyes out as Dolly sings Jolene for absolutely NO reason other than the moment.

And of course Lady Gaga’s first ever UK gig… No actually I mean that, just before losing our voices singing along to Eddie Grant and wondering if Pete D or Amy W would finish their set before they passed away.

(We also probably walked over KRG a number of times unwittingly as he was passed out in the mud)

Priceless moments of Randomness not found anywhere else

4 Likes

Primal Scream, best Live Glasto performance. Also doing 6 music festival in Bristol in Feb.

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

(We also probably walked over KRG a number of times unwittingly as he was passed out in the mud)

I’d be annoyed, but it’s probably true.

LCD Soundsystem confirmed for Coachella.

Dunno if I can see them headlining Glastonbury, but would certainly take a slot on the Other Stage or something.

Please.

1 Like

ELO - you got away with that one, they will be cool.

3 Likes

Nice.

Hmm

Springsteen hits Europe in mid-May, probably won’t though as he’s done it & IoW on last two tours

Jeez, he is 65 this year. FFS

Oh God NO. PLEASE.

Do NOT let Adele clash with New Order. That would be a nightmare scenario in my household.

Watched the recent ELO BBC concert, was excellent. They will be excellent in that slot.

Chuffed with that. Should be a good one.

Probably something of a coup, with them having sold out several nights at the o2. Then again, Dolly & Lionel, the previous two performers in that slot, are hardly small-fry. Both have had the biggest crowds of the weekends, and seen a resurgence in ticket/music sales as a result.

It’s becoming an increasingly interesting, high-profile, coveted and probably lucrative slots at the festvial.

Will be absolutely rammo though, toilets will be scary afterwards.

Coldplay first confrimed headliner.

1 Like

At least all their fans will be in one place at the same time.

Hope there is a decent alternative to that shite.

I’m actually not really that arsed. Won’t be seeing them, but I’m sure there’ll be plenty else for me to see. I’m determined to spend less time at the pyramid/other stage this year anyway. Hopefully someone decent will be on at Park/John Peel.

Over the years I’ve been meh’d by Kings of Leon, Kasabian, Beyonce & Blur on the Pyramid stage and wandered off to see what I could find.

I’ve also not been bothered about The Verve, Jayzee & U2 on the Pyramid. (But wow what great gigs)

Point being that actually it is foocking Glasto so who gives a shit. There is ALWAYS something else to watch and whatever you end up finding it is always an experience & foocking awesome. Don’t like CP so get down Arcadia and watch FatBoyGuetta or someone.

The ISSUE is that it is now SO bloody PC and trendy to TWEET and RANT about how uncool Coldplay are.

Actually, it is making a lot of people look like complete dicks, because 1) everyone on the planet knows that you get them pissed up and half stoned and teleport them into the mosh pit just as Coldplay drop Clocks they’ll go as mental as everyone else and 2) Deep down when the final list of 250 odd bands are published they will be jealous as fook that they were not there. But Glasto is NOT about one gig, to get value from the ticket it’s about seeing 12 to 18 gigs over Thursday- Sunday

We’ve seen CP twice now. The legendary Greatest Gig on the planet EVER in Abu Dhabi where we had a Monsoon, 3 separate Lightning storms overhead and the band finished with one piano, one acoustic guitar and one mike working to their last Glasto which was actually pretty meh.

We’ll decide nearer the day, the ONLY gig we will NEVER go and see will be Alison Moyet Unplugged in the Acoustic Tent. It was simply horrible and everyone left.

Meh, a lot of people don’t like them (myself included) but they are still very popular. By most accounts they’ve always put on a good show. I get the booking, just not my taste.

Nevermind, there’s literally dozens of other stages. Who cares?

Calm down Pap, calm down.

Stop panicking. I am sure Taylor Swift will thrill you and the rest of the crowds on the Other Stage on Sunday night.

This announcement is brought to you by the Kasabian are shit society

Kasabian headlined the last time and it wasn’t my cup of tea. You’re right. There will be plenty to do. Would have been nice to have seen Sunday out on the Pyramid, though. Haven’t done it yet.

EEK!

In an unexpected turn of events, the great Twitter debate has now led to me being followed by…

The Wombles.

Oh ffs just as I got street cred by having Jamie Redknapp follow me as well

Although to be fair it WAS one of the greatest ever Glasto gigs…

I like how Billy Bragg is a Serious Rumour for the Leftfield stage

festivals/glastonbury/2016/lineup

I think I watched Massive Attack headline on the other stage the other year instead of whatever there was on the pyramid stage. Always something else to interest.

Seen Massive Attack headline The Other twice. First time was instead of Jay-Z the other Kasabian. Solid decision.

Ha, that’s pretty good re: Bragg. It’d be a massive shock if he isn’t there.