Glastonbury 2016

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Its a corporate shitstorm of Tarquins and Veronicas from Surrey and Cheshire, the bands this years are gash as well. That said I would like to go again but only to laugh at how middle class and safe its become.

You know how to have a good time!

1 Like

Its a corporate shitstorm of Tarquins and Veronicas from Surrey and Cheshire, the bands this years are gash as well. That said I would like to go again but only to laugh at how middle class and safe its become.

Don’t worry Bazza the front of the mosh pit for Disclosure had everything bad about festivals going on. All under 20 as well

There are way more 30 somethings than wrinkles this year.

Posted on WiFi from the Mansion I’m staying in…

Gonna be really muddy today monsoon earlier

That all went a bit Class War - at least I’m just miserable because I don’t want to watch Coldplay in a muddy field, ankle deep in strangers’ piss - while wearing a fucking lanyard.

3 Likes

Don’t me wrong I love Glastonbury and that’s why I’m so critical of it, its used to be about rock bands, political statements and fun, now is corporate shite.
The area though around there in a hippy way has always interested me, its magical.

I am not wearing my lanyard. Now have lanyard issues due to you. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

3 Likes

Just to clarify the whole lanyard thing, it’s the dozy fuckers who wear them around town when not at work that annoy me.

1 Like

I fucking hate them, people also wearing the phones around their neck along with keys whould have a word with themselves.

1 Like

1 Like

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Keep it up, you’ll hit the target one day.

3 Likes

My Glastonbury days are long gone!

1 Like

And we find ourselves in a tent listening to some guy talking about Algorithms…

Waiting for Stephen Frost but this is the randomness of Glasto.

Oh and there was a monsoon last night mud levels now at drowning depth (for Pap)

We’ve got a man down. Slipped & looks to have done his Cartridge on way back from Richard Hawley last night… luvvin it

1 Like

Funnily enough they are actually a four piece, well live at least. For some reason the other guy with the keyboard and other instruments stays in the dark but you can see the silhouette.

I must admit to not being familiar with many bands who play Glastonbury nowadays and very rarely watch much of the coverage, but as I was lying in bed ill last night, I happened to catch the Foals set on my tablet and I was most impressed…maybe I should expand my musical tastes in future rather than just listening to what I’m used to!

Don’t me wrong I love Glastonbury and that’s why I’m so critical of it, its used to be about rock bands, political statements and fun, now is corporate shite. The area though around there in a hippy way has always interested me, its magical.

What year was the last good Glastonbury Barry?

Originally posted by @Goatboy

You should see what he managed to get on his bollocks.

7 Likes

Madness had one of those magic moments with it must be love.

Amazed to see how rimmed the Pyramid was for them.

2 wonky knees in the team meanto we parked up for the day. Last Shadow Puppets were meh but Tame Impala are rocking out but to an empty field

Liking their set a lot.

Just avoided being interviewed by a Beeb crew asking about Adele. Phew close call they stopped with us we got prepped & the sound guy died of boredom while I answered the are you here to see Adele? Question

Fuck, the mud saps the life out of youreach legs. Love it!

1 Like

I thought Raheem Sterling would have a posher bathroom.

1 Like

The trudging through mud is exhausting.

1 Like

That’s not mud…

4 Likes

I’ve just started watching Tame Impala on the TV and I’m hoping that they’ll play some of the older stuff. I think they might be 20 or something.