Getting logged out all the time

could it be fireballs?

Apols, guys. Iā€™d committed to getting the musical thread under some sort of control and that has not happened. Itā€™s not a difficult job, but I want to do it in a way that means I donā€™t have to come back to it - and can just set other threads up to do it.

In terms of crashes on that thread, Iā€™m genuinely interested in how widespread that is, and what sort of hardware people are using when it happens.

my logging out issues are unrelated to the music thread, as far as Iā€™m aware.

Something Iā€™ve noticed tonight is that when I access the site via Chrome on my iPad rather than directly from Safari then I donā€™t seem to have any crashing or logging out issues on the music chain thread.

I donā€™t know whether this is helpful, or, indeed, whether it makes any sense at all - sorry, Iā€™m not very savvy when it comes to this sort of thing.

Well itā€™s helpful, sorta. Turns out that Safari crashes a lot with YouTube vids.

Hereā€™s a thread over on NeoGAF which talks about the same phenomenon.

Iā€™ve looked at the musical chain thread on both Safari and Chrome on my missusā€™ iPad4. Was very slow in Safari, but didnā€™t crash. Was slightly faster in Chrome and didnā€™t crash. That said, could easily imagine an out of date app and/or tablet falling over when confronted with the amount of vids we have.

1 Like

Still being randomly logged off. For example, looked at the site about an hour ago, came back to it just now and all seemed well until I refreshed the page and then I was logged off!

No rhyme or reason that I can think of - not looking at links or vids or similar. Some days it will allow me to stay on for a day or two - other times Iā€™ll get logged off a couple of times in an evening.

And yes, I always tick the ā€˜remember meā€™ box. Itā€™s not the end of the world but it is a tad annoying.

Is this ever going to get sorted out, Pap? I thought I could live with it (I can live with it) but itā€™s becoming slightly irritating now.

I am still getting logged out every 12 hours or so as Fatso says itā€™s now becoming very irritating.

I said slightly irritating.

1 Like

Itā€™s fucking irritating

Ok, I have just made a change to up the sliding expiration when people log in.

I had to re-log after making the change. Weā€™ll see if this makes a difference.

Originally posted by @Fatso

I said slightly irritating.

I thought misquoting people was meant to be standard operating procedure :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been logged out twice since making the change. Sigh.

Just the once for me :slight_frown:

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

Originally posted by @pap

Iā€™ve been logged out twice since making the change. Sigh.

Just the once for me :slight_frown:

make that 2

Yeah itā€™s still happening loads to me.

I have to log in everytime I come back to the site. Whether that is opening a new tab, or just coming back to an already open tab. Both on my phone and comptuer.

Me too, still.

Just stepped away from the PC for an hour and have been logged out.

Happens all the time for me. This is the problem with left-wing forums, they always let you down eventually.

2 Likes

Itā€™s bloody infuriating when youā€™ve spent 5 minutes composing a post (when logged in) only to find youā€™re logged out when you come to post the fruitinā€™ thing!

1 Like