šŸ‡©šŸ‡Ŗ German far right on the rise

Mirror?

What are you blathering on about, Michaelā€™s greatest meaningful song?

Apropos of nothing or nobody in particular, but can I remind members that they are able to control which topics they are notified about and which topics are effectively invisible.

If, for example, you donā€™t want to see any updates from this thread or you donā€™t want it to appear in the latest posts (although it is a topic worthy of debate) you can Mute the thread in the ā€œwatching controlā€ at the bottom of the thread.

#howto

1 Like

Any comment on Georgia? At least the sanctions are going to hammer them, maybe a change of Government, a good old revolution and bring a bit of Western democracy into the backwater.

Like we gave western democracy to Iraq and Libya?
Bet they canā€™t wait.

Assad has always been known for being open, honest and good with his peopleā€¦
Libya, is known throughout the World and time for a matter of fact as a refuge of the poor, mistreated and vulnerable, for years there has been a mass exodus from San Diego, Cheltenham Spa and Bourge-en-Bresse to the beauty and open way of living in Tripoliā€¦

Interesting

The ā€œFar Rightā€ continues to gain ground, again because the ā€œRuling Eliteā€ have lost touch with the common people.

Swedish Politics are a little different though and this explains it quite well although briefly

WTF are you talking about? Georgia arenā€™t being sanctioned. They went to war with Russia 10 years ago, have the most western-leaning and democratic government in the region by far. You are a plum.

Russia are in Georgia stealing land, fucks sake lad, you didnā€™t know that? You know nothing of current affairs. Read up and come back, I maybe a plum but I am not fucking stupid.

This is why SOS didnā€™t comment on it, heā€™s backed an arsehole like Russia and Putin but he wonā€™t comment where he knowā€™s heā€™s fucking wrong, well on some things he steers clearā€¦

Iā€™ll help you start, a left leaning paper with their view.

Its so so obvious, the far right will gain ground where immigration has exceeding the local populations tolerance of acceptance, not the national tolerance of acceptance, Southerners in England love it as it makes them feel all rosy and warm inside, they donā€™t have to take them in though as the housing costs are far far too high so where do they go? To the poorest and most suffering areas, and who do they vote for? And who can they believe they can turn to?

I previously worked on Georgia for 2 years and have visited there. Iā€™m well aware that 20% of itā€™s territory is occupied by Russia in the form of the breakaway republics of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Formally though, neither are part of the Russian Federation, so not sure how sanctions would effect them, but it wonā€™t affect Georgia at all as far as Iā€™m aware.

The remaining 80% of the country however is much more democratic than the surrounding region. Itā€™s not Western Europe, but most of itā€™s economic and political indicators would put it ahead of the Western Balkan countries currently negotiating membership of the EU (Serbia etc).

Hereā€™s something for you to read next time Saints are playing when you refuse to watch a stream of the game: https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2018/georgia

If you previously worked on Georgia whatever that means for 2 years you would have known what I meant previously, you fail to mention what are Russia doing there? Theyā€™ve invaded by stealth, you also failed to mention that.

20% of a Country is an awful lot if it cedes or is taken over by force donā€™t you agree?

Nah doesnā€™t fit in with the agenda so fuck it theyā€™re all good.

Fucks sake.

Quite an interesting read @Won-Ton thanks for the link.

Had a read of the UK report. It seems weā€™re ā€œfreeā€ - though there are certainly loads of issues of concern highlighted that have all been / are being done to death on various topics on hereā€¦

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2018/united-kingdom

You do realise there is a hard border between the 20% and 80% donā€™t you? Russia has taken a proportion of territory (not by fucking stealth either, there was a war, remember?) which has left the remainder implicitly opposed to Russia. This is why Georgia wants to join NATO and the EU, sent troops to Afghanistan (and suffered the biggest per capita losses), it is a pro-Western government and largely pro-Western society.

Iā€™m not sure what ā€œagendaā€ youā€™re talking about, but youā€™ve still failed to explain how the Georgian government is pro-Russian or how sanctions against Russia will affect Georgia. That was the focus of your post to which I originally replied.

Hard border, who is imposing that? Why?
Where have I said the Georgian Government is pro Russia? I certainly never have as its bollocks, Russia are in there so Georgia canā€™t join NATO nothing more nothing less.

Youā€™ll probably realise that Barry knows about everything. Even when he comes up against people with say facts or actual experience. Some have realised itā€™s not discourse when getting into a discussion with him.

2 Likes

You like the word discourse, Iā€™ve noticed that. I am nearly always bang on the money as well, many liberals and snowflakes try to get me on facts but they canā€™t simply because I write the truth (discourse), not opinion, truth. Opinion can be argued against, Russia being in Georgia canā€™t.

You should know this.

whoosh