📷 General photos - scenery anywhere!

4 Likes

Marrakech:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Upvoted for memory loss Goat. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Goatboy posted this 12 July 2015

Marrakech:

I remembered, as I thought the other day when looking through for the first time, how beautiful some of those images were, especially the vibrant blue house.

You did add some new ones though. Thanks. :lou_sunglasses:

Originally posted by @Jack-Schitt

Upvoted for memory loss Goat. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Goatboy posted this 12 July 2015

Marrakech:

I remembered, as I thought the other day when looking through for the first time, how beautiful some of those images were, especially the vibrant blue house.

You did add some new ones though. Thanks. :lou_sunglasses:

Doh! EDM has a lot to answer for!

That blue villa is Yves Saint Laurent’s villa in the Jardin Majorelle (which lends it’s name to that particular shade of blue).

1 Like

Lucky Yves! Very nice it is too. :lou_sunglasses:

Originally posted by @Jack-Schitt

Lucky Yves! Very nice it is too. :lou_sunglasses:

Not that lucky. He’s buried there.

1 Like

Oops! My density is fully exposed. :lou_facepalm_2:

Love that Garden too.

Marrakech from 2010

Have a real soft spot for Essaouira (some early Game of Thrones was filmed there)

Ah we are toying with going back to Marrakech in October. Tempting.

7 Likes

Check flights from Bristol to Marrakech. They were 35 quid return a couple of months ago.

2 Likes

Awesome additions niki. Really does look a stunning place.

How ‘tourist friendly’ is it these days, what with wider events in the region?

Goatboy - Did fly out of Bristol on that trip for about £18 and back into Gatwick for something like £50.

Jack - we went to Marrakech last April for 5 nights. Stayed on the outskirts this time at a rather nice hotel. Went in the evenings for wanders and food. Didn’t feel any dodgier than 2010 (infact our first night in Marrakech in 2010 we did have hassle), a few grumpy taxi drivers who tried to over charge us but nothing else. In 2010 I think there was a bomb in the main square not long after we had been there. As I said we are toying with idea but unsure due to wider events in the region and so the Canaries seem more likely.

2 Likes

Sometimes you know you’re going to get wet but don’t care anyway…

3 Likes

Had a great day at the British Wildlife Centre - will put a few more up if anyone is interested

IMG_8601

6 Likes

Yep love it…fire away. :lou_lol:

2 Likes

ok

IMG_8295

IMG_8722

IMG_8978

IMG_8809

IMG_8241

IMG_8336

900 shots on the day trimmed to 100 or so on the flickr album. It was such a joy to be so close to these amazing animals.

6 Likes

Great pictures Chris…won’t let me register more than a single up vote. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Thanks bud, I love it. It was well worth the money - Only 8 of us in the place. Got within touching distance of the animals in their enclosures.

As I said before, for me its mainly about my love of wildlife - thephotography just lets me get closer to them and see them in a way you just wouldn’t be able to.

Evolution is a phenominal thing - the Field mouse is about an inch long, and in that teeny tiny body there is a little heart, lungs, liver etc - just astonishing.

even got him to smile for me…

The Happy Field Mouse

5 Likes

Another Venice street scene…

Definitely a male dog.

4 Likes

HDR ?