🕹 Games I am playing at the moment

Spare time is over rated anyway.

Hi, my name is Lewis, I’m addicted to Clash Royale.

Please send help, or Spear Goblins. Actually, just send Spear Goblins.

1 Like

LOL

If you want to join a clan I lead one called Southampton FC

We have spear goblins :wink:

I’m top atthe moment and my name is skywatcehr 72 as there are a few with the same name

I’ve been playing the new X-Com game. It’s very tough. There’s no way I’m playing it on Iron Man difficulty until I’ve worked more of it out, although I always feel as if I should. It’s not really enough to say it’s the game the first remake should have been. Unlike most of the other games in the series, which sees you trying to stave off an alien invasion, the aliens have had lock-stock control of the planet for 20 years. Your X-Com team is effectively a resistance unit, not an arm of an international agency.

Doesn’t make a great deal of difference to the gameplay, which is still fantastic, and now procedurally generated like the originals - but the fresh take is definitely welcome. I want to know where it goes, which is not something you say too much about turn-based strategy games.

Ur gf is v.worry bout u. We all are. She wants u to watch this asap

3 Likes

Ha, I’ve seen that before. Actually looks a pretty fun game, would like to play it. That said, girl is actually mostly happy. I’m too busy pwning/getting pwned by rando’s that I don’t care what she puts on the telly. Also, it apparently makes me a great listener when she gets off work and moans about her day and I just make general grunts when she pauses. Everyone is a winner, it seems.

On that theme, I’ve been a bit of a platformer vibe recently. FINALLY, got round to finishing Little Big Planet 3 the other week when girl was on nights. As with all the series, I enjoyed it immensely. Leant it to a friend in the office, but when I get it back from her I’m going to have a go at making some of my own levels for it. Which, I am fully aware is pathetically sad, as that is what I do for a living anyway. But there we go, I am pathetically sad. So there.

As girl was also working this weekend I got a bit more time with the ps4. Picked up Unravel and spent a bit of time with that. I love a lot of things about the game. The cute and quirky aesthetic is entirely me (see LBP3, above). The hook, i.e. you play as a character made from a ball of yarn unravelling as you play through the level.

Like most well designed games, it takes that simple idea and really has a lot of fun with it. I have really enjoyed what I have played of it so far. Some fun quirks and some pretty challenging puzzles early on.

Only downer for me, is the soundtrack is pretty poor. it’s mostly the same few bars on repeat and not even interesting at that. Not enough to be totally put off the game though, and would say it is worth checking out.

The Division

It’s a lot of fun

A lot of folk at the office are playing, and enjoying The Division.

Doubt I’ll bother, tbh. Not my sort of game.

Fair enough. Can’t be done with wizards and flying around and all the shit that comes with some of the other big games of recent years. This is just about good co-op play and shooting stuff. For me, this is the first game where the open(ish) world combines successfully with decent co-op action.

Gotta say, as I’m getting older I am very conscious of the time commitment, to the point where I look forward to finite games or something bitesize, like a roguelike. I put the years into persistent progression in stuff like World of Warcraft, and while it was fun, don’t think it’s something I will readily entertain unless something is really special.

I’m a Guild Wars 2 player … And spend far too much time on this game. In my defence, I have to be on call for work. Thats my excuse anyway.

1 Like

Winding up the Liverpool fans. Best sweet tasting game, I can tell you.

2 Likes

The Wii U has been dusted down, reactivated and has been playing host to some rather feverish games of Pokken Tournament, or Tekken Pokemon as it is also known.

I used to be a Tekken geek. Back in 1996/97, when I actually considered proficiency in fighting games relatively important, I remember using the then fledgling internet to download all the Tekken 2 moves and spending days in my Bitterne Park dojo perfecting the movelist. That was as committed as I ever got, and much cred to Namco for keeping King’s Giant Swing in the game. Still crushes people several games later.

As the name may suggest, this is the Tekken team taking on the Pokemon concept. I’m not a big fan of hybrids. Never trusted TV/Video combinations, Amstrad all-in-ones and I still don’t trust pub restaurants. There have been game crossovers before, and Namco have been involved in some of the more successful ones, but still, you worry. That all said, I’d had high hopes for this game just because it looks do damn cute.

Namco have gone the right way about this treatment. The only thing Tekken has to do with anything is the fact that Pokemon kick merry bells out of each other, and much of the prior technical proficiency in making that fun has been retained. Otherwise, it’s all Pokemon. There’s no attempt to shift anything from the Tekken universe into the Pokemon one, as there often is with other crossovers.

Spent about an hour playing the game two player with the missus tonight after she’d finished the tutorials, and despite many of the systems being pared down for kids, it genuinely feels like a new type of fighting game. Two screens are mandated for a start - one of you has to play on the Wii U screen in local multiplayer. No matter; it’s tremendous fun, even on the small screen.

I think the missus and I have just had the closest fighting game sesh since I boned up on all them Tekken 2 moves :lou_sunglasses:

More Wii U this morning. I’m still trying to attain any sort of competence on Mario Kart 8’s brutally hard 200cc mode. Managed to just about scrape a bronze. This is an achievement (and real progress).

Finished XCOM2. Excellent game. Final mission was nail-biting stuff. I’d say I’d revisit it in Iron Man mode later, but I never do.

Been playing the Forza 6 Apex demo on PC. It’s Forza, running on a PC. In 4K. The inaugural race was in Rio, which has been followed up by a pony car race at a former WW2 base.

Looks lush, and sort of puts the XBox One to shame. The next Forza will be hitting PC soon. I cannot see why anyone owning a decent PC and the One would plump for the latter.

Will look out XCOM2 , loved the first one - very atmospheric

1 Like

Not had much time to game recently. But where I have, I’ve found myself really getting back into Rocket League. It’s such a brilliantly made game.

Also started playing Thomas Was Alone again, one of my all time favourite games.

Lego Star Wars Gameplay

I will play this for hours and hours and hours…