šŸ•¹ Games I am playing at the moment

I love my Nexus 9 despite the appaling 64bit support by Android and the heat that is generated by intensive games.

Pirates also has a Templerun element in it too

Nintendo has released all the original pokemon games on 3ds to mark 20 years since release.

So, obviously Iā€™m playing that.

Downloaded Deathwatch 40k on the iPad - its a tun based strategy game a bit like Xcom but with space marines. Have always loved these games since I got Rebelstar Raiders on the cover of a spectrum magazine many many years ago.

Console wise its all been PvZ GWF2 this last week - so so much better than the first one, so much to do. However it does need some balancing tweaks

1 Like

One for Fatso (if he even reads this thread?). New Supercell game launched globally today.

Clash Royale

Been playing it a little while myself and do quite enjoy it.Really well made game this, unsurprisingly given the devs involved.

My prediction, this game is going to make them a shedload of money. Probably another Billion $ game for them.

Been waiting for this , already play Boom Beach and CoC

Never really got into Boom Beach.

For a while I was a pretty heavy CoC player though. Spent more than I care to admit on it, too.

1 Like

My top tip for Clash Royale, comboā€™s can be absolute game changers.

Got a decent level Giant and teaming that up with the Bomber is winning me lots of match ups at the moment.

Thanks KRG - struggling to get any bloody work done now - joined a clan called southampton FC

1 Like

My nephew got me to download Score Hero on the iphone - now I spend most of the day shouting at my phone.

1 Like

Good game that. Interesting mechanic, definitely one of the better football games on a touch screen device.

New Star Soccer is pretty good too.

Iā€™m one of the many Steam users presently afflicted with Stardew Valley fever. Stardew Valley is best described as a hybrid between Harvest Moon and Terraria, featuring the agriculture of the former and the adventuring of the latter.

Apart from having to adhere to daily and seasonal cycles and the occasional timer on a delivery mission, there are no time limits. It can be played at your own pace. Early access at the moment but already a nice game with a lot to offer.

1 Like

Ah Iā€™ve been eyeing that one up pap. Looks really good.

Been playing quite a bit of retro stuff lately, with a specific focus on a single games company; Konami. Remember when they used to be good? :lou_lol:

The latest PES is great, sure - but there seems to have been a lot of internal turmoil in the studio. Future direction looks far from certain, so itā€™s a joy to take a look at stuff like Gradius V, still one of the best shooters ever made, but you also end up lamenting the fact that this stuff doesnā€™t get made anymore, at least not by them.

This is mostly for you pap, didnā€™t think it warranted itā€™s own thread but was still worth a share.

I spoke before for my admiration of the work Rhianna Pratchett has done on the Tomb Raider games, and this is an interesting interview with her. Iā€™ve voiced my dissatisfaction at the quality of games writing, so itā€™s great to see one of the best games writers around (imo) talking about how this medium can improve.

http://www.polygon.com/features/2016/3/7/11162050/words-rhianna-pratchett-and-the-meaning-of-lara-croft

For fans of iPhone/iPad gaming. Some good games on sale here

Lumino City & You Must Build a Boat I got at full price and really enjoyed.

Have heard good things about Punch Club. The original Badlands was good. Going to get #2 whilst it is on sale.

All of ā€œThe Roomā€ games are great.

You Must Build a Boat is okay. It was my dirty mancave phone game for a bit. Like most other match 3 games, but not setup to constantly require more of your cash.

Think thatā€™s a pretty unfair assessment.

The RPG and base-building aspects to it arenā€™t standard for a mobile match-3 game. Plus the actual match 3 mechanic is a bit different to your usual fair.

I, perhaps arrogantly, see myself as something of an authority on match-3 games pap :lou_sunglasses: Itā€™s one I have enjoyed more than most the last few years.

Havenā€™t had time to play any games at all in nearly a month. I knew this would happen eventuallyā€¦ :cry:

Too busy playing the ā€˜what are Barryā€™s threads about?ā€™

Clash Royale

there is only Clash Royale

Justā€¦oneā€¦moreā€¦gameā€¦

1 Like