šŸ•¹ Games I am playing at the moment

:lou_facepalm_2:

Dragon Age: Inquisition

As a small concession to Fathers Day teenage mutant #2 has crawled out of his festering pit and is ritually humiliating me -

think Iā€™ll go and take in a round of wii golf or something instead ā€¦

Oops, my lurking skills missed this when the Lumo chat popped up. Thanks for picking it up, even if youā€™re not playing it :smiley:

Originally posted by @KRG

For now, whilst still learning my trade as a designer Iā€™m happy where I am. Thereā€™s a lot of talented folk around me, in lots of disciplines whose skills I can leech off for the time being.

Where are you working KRG?

Originally posted by @Goatboy

:lou_facepalm_2:

I feel I should explain this face palm penis.

Goatboy came up for the Liverpool game. After getting in from a night on the tiles, the PS4 was fired up and many of the boys indulged in a game of PES. Not the Goatboy. He launched into a ten minute tirade about how none of it was real.

Iā€™d expect tales of Football Manager glory to fall on very deaf ears, the sort you might find on an anthropomorphised penis head with no visible means of hearing.

Originally posted by @pap

anthropomorphised penis head with no visible means of hearing.

Apparently despite extensive internet pollution, my mind isnā€™t dirty enough to have figured this out on its own.

Is it a chode or a john wayne bobbit?

Originally posted by @Korruptor

Oops, my lurking skills missed this when the Lumo chat popped up. Thanks for picking it up, even if youā€™re not playing it :smiley:

Originally posted by @KRG

For now, whilst still learning my trade as a designer Iā€™m happy where I am. Thereā€™s a lot of talented folk around me, in lots of disciplines whose skills I can leech off for the time being.

Where are you working KRG?

Iā€™m at King. Been here a few years now (pre Candy Crush going massive).

Bounced around the business side for a while, got a job as a Level Designer last year.

Still early days for now, but as I said, itā€™s a good place to learn and thereā€™s good, talented folk around me.

Congrats on your release. Havenā€™t had a chance to play (launch on the game Iā€™m on is fast approaching) but will be doing soon.

Sweet. Lot of mobile around here (Helsinki). Probably a nicer way to learn the ropes as well, live games give you a bit more freedom than AAA.

I am currently immersed in Prem Manager 96/97 and Road Rash 3 on my megadrive emulator. The Southampton hotseat has so far eluded me, although I did manage to sign Le Tiss for Mansfield at the tender age of 33, only for him to fuck off after 3 games to run a pub or some shit. Loyalty my arse. Road Rash 3 is only worthwhile for me if I can get hold of the crowbar, ā€˜clankingā€™ other riders round the back of the helmet as I cruise past is as satisfying as it was back in the 90ā€™s.

You should take a look at Road Redemption on the PC if you can. Spiritual successor to Road Rash. Crazy as well. There are modes where vehicles rain from the sky.

Cool, Iā€™ll look it up :lou_smiley:

Hi folks,

Not sure if anyone noticed or not, but I have been on a bit of a hiatus lately. Donā€™t know if pap mentioned or not, but I havenā€™t been very well, so been looking after myself a bit. Still going to be a bit absent for a little while yet, but just wanted to gush about something Iā€™ve been loving the past week or so.

PokƩmon Go.

Sure many people will have seen about this game. It is basically a map based AR (augmented reality) game, that allows you to explore your local surroundings, catch PokĆ©mon, go to ā€˜hotspotsā€™ where events happen. For example ā€˜PokĆ©Stopsā€™ allow you to collect PokĆ©balls or Eggs. There are also Gyms, where you can battle and ā€˜ownā€™ a gym.

Itā€™s really great fun, if only for the nostalgia factor. But it takes that further, and allows you to immerse yourself in the game and act as if you are an actual trainer yourself. For someone that grew up playing and loving the early PokĆ©mon games, itā€™s a huge treat. Also really interesting that a video game actively encourages you to get out and walk about through itā€™s mechanics.

It has a bit of an MvP feel about it at the minute, Iā€™d be very surprised if the current version is ā€˜finalā€™. It lacks anything resembling tutorials, thereā€™s no real social features, servers seem to be under real strain, thereā€™s plenty of bugs and it feels lacking in depth at the minute.

But even still, there is something glorious about roaming around and encountering PokĆ©mon in the world. I mean look at this, itā€™s a flipping Charmander on my desk! Whatā€™s not to love about that?

Itā€™s been helping me feel a bit better of late :lou_smiley:, so thatā€™s good. It also helps get me out and about walking, which is good for my knee rehab too. Everyoneā€™s a winner.

Probs going to be AWOL again for a while. Be good to each other folks :lou_is_a_flirt:

6 Likes

I suspect PokƩmon Go will soon be worthy of its own thread, if not already.

Iā€™ve heard stories of a guyā€™s house being surrounded because itā€™s a fucking PokĆ©gym! :slight_smile:

donā€™t really understand wtf krg is going on about really, but I threw him a sympathy upvote cos heā€™s poorly.

Me too! I donā€™t even play stupid fucking computer games! I do see things like that on my desk though but thatā€™s all the acid I did in the 90ā€™s.

ā€˜Pokemon Goā€™ shouldnā€™t be any good; it actually is pretty shoddily made. Yet Iā€™m utterly addicted - and currently walking 10km a day as a resultā€¦

Donā€™t think it would be any exaggeration to say that on my lunch break Iā€™m seeing >50% of people in the vicinity of the Guildhall playing it. And itā€™s not even officially released yet!

Oh, and guess who owns the Pokemon gym at the olā€™ St. Maryā€™s stadium?

4 Likes

Iā€™d forgotten about Road Rash until I listened to an interview with Sean Murray a few weeks back (the guy responsible for upcoming No Manā€™s Sky). He said that while he was at Criterion Games, they were looking into doing a Road Rash reboot, using their experience from producing the Burnout games. Could have been a good 'un, loved those Burnout games.

It must be pretty serious if it makes you too ill to type quips and banter?!

The ever brilliant Scousepirational:-

PokƩmon Go? Shite, that. Just go outside and try to throw a washing basket over a cat.

This Poke and Go business is going well

• Four people were arrested after they used the game to lure players to remote places and then rob them at gunpoint. In response, the makers of Pokemon Go have said people should ā€œplay with friends when going to new or unfamiliar placesā€ and ā€œremember to be safe and alert at all timesā€.
  • The anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church in the US is the location of a ā€œgymā€ in the game, and players planted a pink ā€œClefairyā€ Pokemon called Love is Love there. The church has responded with a series of social media posts calling the Pokemon a sodomite.
  • There have also been plenty of reports of people falling over and grazing or cutting themselves because theyā€™re not paying attention to whatā€™s in front of them while they play.
1 Like

3 Likes