📽 Films I have seen

Isn’t he under suspension of plagiarism at the minute? That or moonlighting as a cheesy musician!

I’ve seen the bastard in concert. Twice. Hated it both times. You have missed nothing.

1 Like

Aw c’mon, he was bearable the 1st time.
Anyway, nobodypaid attention, they were still recovering from Dolly

Saw him twice but very briefly. Once at Reading Festival when he was doing a little bit for the Beeb up in their tower. Then when he did a bit with Rizzle Kicks at V Fest. That’s enough. The Sunday he played at Glastonbury the rest of the sight was just eerily quiet and lovely!

1 Like

Point Blank 2019 just dropped on Netflix.
Dont even try to compare it to the classic. Ignore that mental link.
Sit back and enjoy an old fashioned crime/innocent victim crime caper.
Most enjoyable 85 minutes of entertainment.

It’s a film. It is also arguably capeshit, but after this review, you’ll be convinced as I am that this is where it belongs.

The film is Brightburn, one which is based on a very familiar but quite subverted premise. We all know the story of Superman. This film asks “what if Superman was a cunt?”.

The answer is 6.5 on IMDB, which I reckon is well below where this film should be. It is a very decent horror film which feels like Superman meets Omen, only with better gore. There are two scenes which are particularly fucking horrible. Funnily enough, one involves a fairly disgusting eye injury, while the other will see jaws drop. I was shocked, and I am not easily shocked. The eye piece was also pretty fantastically done, from the perspective of someone that’s recently gone through something considerably more minor.

If you have seen Superman and have seen Omen then you’ll appreciate every single damn thing this film does. I really don’t want to diminish it by making it sound derivative, because in the case of Superman at least, it beautifully subverts the formula. That last Lois Lane evoking scene? Wow.

Get a fucking sequel in, I say. This is a great start.

Rocko is back :lou_smiley:

It defo wasn’t really suitable for kids.

Living in Dubai taught me a million things for life.
The single most valuable to this day is that Governments (& business) read everything anyone posts.
Jeez, I sold software designed by GCHQ at one point.
Cambridge Analytica was never a “shock”.
The shock was the naivety of users in UK & elsewhere.

Post as if an HR Manager at a future employer or client is reading you at the least.

That is true, why the denials then? Russia, Trump, Zuckerberg and obviously Cambridge Analytica get a right battering.

That’s a hell of a heavy hitting cast & story for a Netflix movie.
Looking forward to watching it

Fvck.
We are only just 4 months away from…

Bladerunner. 19th November 2019

Just rewatched the remastered Final Cut on Netflix, still wonderful, and so poignant watching Rutger say his final speech. Mrs P_F had never seen it…

Has / is anyone going to see that “Blinded by the Light” movie? It’s not out for over a month here and would appreciate a Sotonians review. Cheering

I have just watched Godzilla : King of the Monsters. It really does have its problems, such as the plot being driven by some truly crazy megalomaniac new age bullshit, primarily that humans need a fuckload of titan-sized monsters stomping around the planet to keep the species in check. The dialogue is cookie cutter crap for the most part too.

That said, it does have a fuckload of titan-sized monster action, which I very much enjoyed. Most of the other Godzilla movies made in the West are pretty sparing on this, so it was very good indeed to finally see what happens when giant fucking monsters go on extended city breaks and have titan fights there.

Turn your brain off and try not to think about things too much and you’ll have fun with this movie. It falls to bits when exposed to logic or reason of any kind, but it’s a fucking Godzilla movie. What do you expect?

Found it a bit lightweight to be honest, okay as long as you just want a bit of mind numbing. The characters are almost secondary to what you feel is what they really want to do which is just blast Springsteen and yes I am a fan of his

Thanks @tigger, appreciate the feedback!

Looking at the trailer I was wondering how engaging the characters were. I’ll still go and see it and looks like I’ll enjoy the soundtrack at least!!

Watched For Your Consideration this week. It’s another Christopher Guest gig, Nigel Tufnel of Spinal Tap.

I’m a big fan of his other films. Best In Show and A Mighty Wind are both excellent. This one doesn’t quite reach those heights. It feels a little too introspective, and quite frankly, it simply isn’t as funny.

It does however portray the self-replicating nonsense of awards at Hollywood, how rumour becomes reality and how swept up and self-delusional those up for awards become.

Catherine O’Hara shines, but then she always does in these movies.

Aquaman on Sky…its shit

He was better when he was shagging Deny and even then he was a crap

You should have just torrented it like a normal person :smiley:

1 Like