šŸ“½ Films I have seen

Iā€™ve been working through all the original Rocky films again on amazon prime. Have not seen balboa or the two creed films yet but have heard good things. Certainly canā€™t be worse than rocky 5.

2 Likes

It took a while but there are moments in the Creed movies where Stallone almost acts

i think Rocky is a cracking film and Stallone gives a great performance. Everything else he has done has been bollocks. I believe Rocky won the oscar that year too? Was it up against Taxi Driver?

Netflix.
Clever sci-fi gem tucked away in their new releases.
I am Mother.
Starts hmmm meh, becomes almost ex machina deep.
A good clever film. 6/10

Saw that in my recommended but thought - meh.

Iā€™ll give it a try.

1 Like

When Mrs P_F stays up and watches a proper Sci-Fi movie until the end you know itā€™s not shit.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Need some brownie points?
Want to watch the football?
Tell she who must be obeyed that youā€™ve found a movie for her on Netflix.
Murder Mystery.
Adam Sandler & Jennifer Aniston.
Mrs P_Fā€™s BFF came round they were in hysterics within minutes.
Actually so was I.
Note: a big moment for Netflix, 30 million viewers over its 1st weekend

But is it any good. Really?

Gonna have to say about 14 minutes from the end I sprayed my beer.
Adam Sandler is funny again

It is REALLY good. Old fashioned stupid silly. Maybe up there in Sandlers top 5.
Neighbours knocked the door we were laughing so loud.
A perfect pastiche of Murder on the Orient Express

Interesting read.

FWIW Murder Mystery is a typical Sandler film, he does at times descend into that annoying whiny voiced version of himself. BUT it is rescued by enough well timed one liners, even if you know they are coming (or not in the case of my sprayed beer).

The Guilty on Netflix.

A Danish film with subtitles.

This is highly recommended.

The entire film follows a single actor and is filmed in one shot - the whole drama plays out in real time with the emergency services guy on screen the whole time.

No spoilers, but he takes a call from a woman who is in a van with her abductor (you might be able to relate @Goatboy) and you then follow the series of phone calls he makes and takes in order to try to understand what has happened, to locate her and to rescue her.

It had me gripped all the way through. As long as you donā€™t mind the subtitles, then watch it.

I went to the cinema tonight. Last time I went was to see Trainspotting 2 so it doesnā€™t happen often. Find them cold and very loud these days. However the seats are more comfy.
I went with a friend who often suggests we go on Tuesdays as itā€™s cheap. Finally said yes. We went to see Yesterday without really fully knowing what we were watching. Neither of us are into Rom Coms so well done us!

Go on then what was the film about ?

You could look it up (which we didnā€™t do).

Bloke is a singer in pubs in Suffolk. Hopeā€™s to be famous. Has an accident and only he remembers the Beatles. So he starts singing them and everyone loves it etc. Ed Sheeran is in it. Also a love story (ffs).

By Richard Curtis and Danny Boyle.

Should have known. Anyway only 2 hours of our lives we lost. Could have been worse.

Ah, I remember the synopsis now, also wasnā€™t it based in a parallel reality where the Beatles hadnā€™t been heard of??

1 Like

They should do a film like that where Ed Sheeran has been forgotten by everyone - including the protagonist, Iā€™d go see that film.

5 Likes

Chris Martin would probably do a guest appearance as Ed Sheeranā€¦

2 Likes

I am lucky enough to not know any Ed Sheeren songs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In my head anyway