šŸ“½ Films I have seen

Just wait 'til you get to my ageā€¦I have to put up the sub-titles on most TV dramas I watch. :lou_sad:

2 Likes

Fantasy posh rough. Interesting.

I am not one of those women. Agree he seems to play similar stuff.

2 Likes

Welcome to my world

Actually it seems to be the quality of speakers on tvs* these days.

• thatā€™s televisions to you and me. But @PhilippineSaint may be able expand further :lou_wink_2:
2 Likes

Yep, plus the fuckinā€™ sound bar on our main TV has just gone kaput. :lou_sad:

1 Like

You may need to expand before i can esxpand but tvā€™s have commentatators on for football tennis motor racing etc. Screen has no sound as ooh aaahg yess yessss is so the same in many langauges and dialects

I was going to post a picture but I donā€™t know what we can and canā€™t post on Sotonians- we all have plenty Iā€™m sureā€¦

@saintbletch ?

I am at home I have nothing

1 Like

I have recently watched Upgrade, starring the bloke that looks like Tom Hardy but isnā€™t. See also Prometheus.

Despite the fact it can best be described as Knight Rider in a man also borrowing heavily from Robocop, itā€™s quite a smart film.

I keep asking people what films to watch on a Saturday, keep forgetting this thread. Iā€™m inclined to trust most of your recommendations, although tonight is rugby league finals, so maybe tomorrow. I suppose its etiquette to search, but Get Out, obviously almost perfect for a horror and The Silent House was OK.

Also Bad Lieutenant, New Orleans was pretty good, made a few years back-Nicholas Cage being Nicholas Cage. Bit more nuanced than the Harvey Keitel one, assuming theyā€™re related (films, not actors).

ā€œGet Outā€ is awesome. If you like Horror films then ā€œHeredityā€ is really great ā€œvvitchā€ also (yes itā€™s spelled like that, olde english or something) The Babadook. ā€œIt Followsā€

Peter Bradshaw has lost the plot of late. Iā€™m kinda biased, I love the Coen Bros, they have also gone on record as making ā€œOne for us and One to make moneyā€ as a way of funding their films. ā€œHudsucker Proxyā€ was their big budget mainstream comedy, It lost a huge amount of money and they never really recovered.

Me and Mrs Fatso watched The Wailing tonight. Itā€™s on Netflix. Itā€™s pretty long at 2 and a half hours and itā€™s subtitled (Korean film). Itā€™s described as a horror but itā€™s actually more of a mystery. Me and Mrs Fatso are still discussing it because itā€™s a bit confusing (Iā€™ll using alcohol as my excuse) . Itā€™s goodā€¦lots of suspense and twists and turns. Could do with being half hour shorter but good nonetheless.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen that one mate, If you and Mrs Fatso are interested an a proper ā€œhorror movieā€ then check out ā€œHeredityā€, low budget, old school psychological scares. Toni Colette is just brilliant. For the first 2 thirds itā€™s just the best horror film and without spoiling the plot thereā€™s an event and after seems the writer lost things

The Commuterā€¦

Donā€™t, just donā€™tā€¦

I intend to binge-watch all these Liam Neeson action-dad films one day, just to find out why he keeps making the same film over and over againā€¦

4 Likes

Just watched ā€˜The Blind Sideā€™ again, nice true story that doesnā€™t tax your brain too much and gives you the warm fuzzy tingles, one of Sandra Bullocksā€™ best.

I find Fentalyn does the same thing :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure it does, just with less Oscars :lou_wink_2:

I was being flippant as usual. She did win on Oscar

I hadnā€™t heard too much about this film beforehand, but itā€™s really good. Itā€™s from the director of Winterā€™s Bone. Probably the best thing ive seen this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_07ktacEGo8https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_07ktacEGo8