šŸ“½ Films I have seen

Watched Kingsman: The Golden Circle the other night.

Loved the first one, so had high expectations.

They should have left it. Absolutely terrible, with all of the charm and comedy of the first movie completelly lost.

2 Likes

Totally agree. I watched it in IMAX and it really is the only way to watch it. I loved every second of it, but I canā€™t see how it will translate to a TV.

2 Likes

Welcome gwc!

3 Likes

My junior at work was raving about Snowpiercer so I watched it :lou_facepalm_2:

I donā€™t know who wrote the IMDB reviews but they obviously didnā€™t watch the same film as me, the character names and actor list must be coincidental!

Itā€™s an allegory for a crock of shit, avoid at all costs. I didnā€™t even watch it to the end it was that badā€¦

I have just finished ā€˜Brawl in Cell Block 99ā€™.

Wow. Possibly the biggest pile of old cack Iā€™ve ever sat through.

Iā€™m not sure what it is supposed to be? Comedy? Spoof? Action? Drama? Thriller? It fails at all of them. Itā€™s just a dull movie that I think is supposed to be kitsch, like the Machete movies but fails miserably.

I liked it. I think the only mistake they made was bringing Colin Firth back.

Itā€™s got the fucking Dude in it, man.

Or El Duderino, if youā€™re not into that whole brevity thing.

2 Likes

Agree about Colin Firth, that whole angle was weird and unneccessary!

It wonā€™t win any awards but I found it funny

I watched it tonight with Mrs Fatso at the cinema. I thought it was brilliant.

1 Like

I saw this recently and remember being disappointed whilst watching it but now can barely remember anything about itā€¦ which isnā€™t a good sign.

Yeah it was a bit bit of a wasted opportunity, It was really flatly directed. Edgar Wright or whatnot would have elevated it. It made me laugh :blush:

1 Like

I watched T2 (trainspotting). Much better than I anticipated.

3 Likes

So as to combat jet lag I just watched films on the plane yesterday. So many films.

Victoria & Abdul - alright

The Beguiled - fell asleep through it (may have been the G&T/Wine combo or it was a bit boring).

Home Again - Reece Witherspoon nonsense.

IT - not scary at all and just made me think about Stranger Things and Stand by Me (I know, also written by same writter).

Think there was a 5th one but cannot remember it.

1 Like

The other one was Baby Driver. Youā€™d think Iā€™d remember as it has rave reviews. I didnā€™t even with disgraced Kevin Spacey being a creepy criminal mastermind and other stars also appearing.

Man. I just read this as ā€˜Home Aloneā€™ and have just spent a good 10 minutes trying to work out which of the McAllister daughters was played by a young Reece Witherspoon. I had just settled on ā€˜the blond oneā€™ when I read it again.

Last nightā€™s Movie - The Snowman.

Wasnā€™t expecting much as reviews have been poor, but I actually really enjoyed it. Nice little twist and turns serial killer romp set in picturesque Norway!

The only thing that I didnā€™t like was the need for the hero (Michael Fassbender) to be flawed with alcoholism. Itā€™s a bit of a cliche now that isnā€™t it? Clever detective has addiction issue? Sherlock Holmes started that FFSā€¦

The most beautifuuly shot film.

1 Like

Wind river

3 billboards

1 Like