šŸ“½ Films I have seen

Finally got round to watching baby driver tonight. I enjoyed that a lot. In fact that was great. Iā€™m not one for car chases and whatnot but this was very good. Not sure what what the old deaf mute black dude was all about though.

I watched this tonight. The first hour or so is brilliant. Genuinely brilliant. I found the ending a little disappointing but only because the rest of the film had been so good. Overall, a really good film. 8.5/10

2 Likes

I watched La La Land on the play. It whiled away 2hrs and 8 minutes. But donā€™t know what the fuss was about.

The Dark Tower - If youā€™ve read Kingā€™s books donā€™t even bother watching this film loosely, and I use the word loosely, based on the novels.

If you havenā€™t read the book donā€™t bother watching this film.

90 minutes long, no character development, rushed and ruined.

Are we allowed CapeShit in this thread?

Spiderman Homecoming - Donā€™t bother, just donā€™t bother. By trying to make Spiderman current they have absolutely ruined him.

Over 2 hours of your life youā€™ll never get back.

Sicario border scene, how to make drama. Itā€™s a masterclass

Is Roger Deakins masterpiece 10 years ago. Hopefully heā€™ll get some acclaim for Blade Runner 2049 next year.

Why the double post thing?

Saw this last night, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ā€¦ the swedish version dubbed in english

An excellent movie !! Iā€™ve been meaning to watch it for ages, I really enjoyed it. Donā€™t know how the american version measures up to it but I canā€™t imagine it would be as good if, other remakes are anything to go by

Sums up most of the movies based on his books really ā€¦ The Shining, The Green Mile were exceptions but canā€™t think of many more of the top of my head. Like you say, 90 mins just isnā€™t enough time to develop characters heā€™s taken 700 odd pages to create.

ā€¦ having said that when I was a nipper I loved the movie ā€˜Christineā€™ about the spooky car that wouldnā€™t die lol !! ā€¦ havenā€™t even thought about it in years. Cujo was pretty good aswell

American version is a bloody good film on its own. Daniel Craig plays it well.

Itā€™s problem was that it wasnā€™t the Swedish versionā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve just watched Mother!

Wow, thatā€™s quite a film. Not sure whatā€™s its fully about right now but it had me mouth open all the way through.

Fucking great. 9/10

Yes itā€™s really quite bonkers :laughing: Darren Aronovskyā€™s modern take of the Old Testament. He probably got the funding by telling the execs that his girlfriend Jennifer Lawrence was starring in it. Otherwise no way that script would have been sanctioned.

ā€œRequiem for a Dreamā€ is kind of visually similar though way more depressing, you may have seen it? Mother is one of those movies that you kind of take the experience rather than the story :smile:

Saw this last night ā€¦ it was a bit far fetched and the clown wasnā€™t funny at all !! :lou_surprised:

A generous 7/10

1 Like
2 Likes