📢 ☁ Fighting, terrorism

There are laws governing homophobic and sexist behaviour in this country. FMG is illegal here (although male genital mutilation is ok). Dowry? A practice carried out in Europe for hundreds of years and I believe it is still the tradition (if not the practice) for the wife’s family to pay for the wedding. Arranged marriages? I would be interested to know how many are carried out in the UK each year but given the divorce rate in non arranged marriages, perhaps they are on to something? If both parties agree and no one is forced into against their will, what is the problem? It doesnt hurt you in any way other than it offends your sensibilities. You seem to have this view that we are better than Muslims/migrants and that if they dont change to our ways then they need to jolly well step in line. This society is far from perfect and perhaps you should spend more time fretting about the problems here than worrying about something you have no control over and doesnt affect you in any way. You put a lot of time and effort into slagging off people with different beliefs than yourself. Just think what else you could do with your time if you just let it go.

A chap I worked with got married in 1972 to a young lady he had met just a couple of times. His parents and the girl’s parents had known each other for years and as my friend said, “They came to an understanding that we should marry”

She didn’t speak any English and he spoke very little of her language but they were happy with the arrangement. He flew out to Naples to bring he back for the marriage at the local Catholic Church. They are still happily married 45 year later and I’m pleased to say her English is much better…and my mate’s Italian is too.

I bet she put out on the first meeting!!

We have a duty to challenge what we deem oppressive, for too long we’ve sat back and let cultures slide into ones we find offensive, there are closed communities in this Country and its tragic and shameful and denies everyone the right to get along and pursue a fairer society, we live apart and I get bored saying this.

Naples…hmmm. I bet she didn’t…

1 Like

You have a minutes silence for them, if it makes you feel better?

And so speaks Barry “Tolerant” Sanchez who isn’t islamophobic or xenophobic. No siree!

This.

All of it. Open the tweet read the thread

https://twitter.com/mrjammyjamjar3/status/871829837262061568

1 Like

I am not Islamophobic, how can I be phobic of a faith that follows something that doesn’t exist? The Qur’an is sexist, racist and homophobic, isn’t it? I know where I’d rather be son, now xenophobia I have to disagree on and say prove and back that up? I certainly am not but you just a typical liberal throw words out when you start losing the plot.

No matter how many phobias you may or may not have, no one will ever be able to accuse you of suffering from Glossophobia.

You’ll always be safe from that accusation :lou_smiley:

It doesn’t matter if you think it doesn’t exist. You hate the people that hold that faith and that it what constitutes an Islamophobe. As for dismissive view of the poor souls who happened to be Muslim and were butchered recently by ISIS, it does you no credit. The only foreign people you are happy to entertain are the ones that become like us. Your disdain for other cultures is displayed here on almost a daily basis. So yes, you are a xenophobic too. Like most people of your ilk, you can’t see the obvious and take to using the word liberal as if it is a get out of jail free card. It isn’t and your views of people of different cultures thankfully are a relic of the 70s. Sadly there are many like you who still don’t get it. Hopefully your children will.

I want an open and tolerant society, you appear to tolerate parts of cultures that belong in the stoneage, you’re not a liberal, you think you are, you’re actually a fraud.

Not once have I supported anything that you say belongs in the stone age. This is a very liberal country yet you constantly slag off liberal values. You talk of tolerance but you are totally intolerant of things that don’t sit with your very narrow world view. Tolerance doesn’t work like that.

Well you sit with defending or comparing sexism, homophobia and racism to our western values, Ill condemn both when wrong.

You can’t be tolerant of homophobia & misogyny, but you are if it involves Muslims.

So we have a thread showing Andrew Neil & Paxman implicated in the attacks.

Also I do urge you to follow the continuing revelations about the Qatar issue especially the release of 40 year old British archives.

I know it doesn’t fit Bazzas narrow reason for terror but it is starting to show people asking questions about why UK promoted and supported hate preachers.

It ain’t Muslims it’s your political correctness basically didn’t want to offend a terror recruiter nice one guys

It’s ok for British citizens to become terrorists and fight for regime change, as long as they do it somewhere else:

And that terrorist fucker ran through a wheat field when he was younger - that should have been enough of an alarm bell to the authorities.

4 Likes