📢 ☁ Fighting, terrorism

https://lovindubai.com/news/bedlam-at-dohas-international-airport-with-huge-flight-diversions-in-place

Feel sorry for so many ex pats and families who had booked their vacations with Qatar Airways - for many the best compromise here between service and cost. Couple of pals already starting to fight with Insurance Companies and the airline for compensation.

Minor issue in the big scheme of things but affecting normal people as always

2 Likes
3 Likes

Curious how one of these people said recently it was because the bombing of the children in Syria. I dont think anyone here believes it is solely down to “bombings” but certainly the foreign policy of “The West” has had a great deal to do with what is happening on our streets now - not least the formation and growth of ISIS. You can go on slagging Islam all you like Barry, but even you surely can see that if it was all down to “faith” then we would have 1.6b suicide bombers to worry about and not just a minority of deranged nutters.

It is great to see that this is coming back to bite May and her Party in the arse. For so long we have been told that they are the party of law and order yet along with most of the other Government agencies, funding has been cut drastically for years in the Criminal Justice System. Yep, there is no magic money tree, unless you want to bail out the banks, give yourself a nice payrise or renew Trident. Fair play to the police for calling them on their lies. So much for strong and stable - weak and wobbly fits the bill so much better.

So.

1st psychopath named in London attack is a Mr Butt.

Been here almost 25 years never met an Arab with that surname.

Not sure anyone’s ever bombed Pakistan. (Apart from India)

Meanwhile 2.2 million people in Qatar no food shipments no medicines.

Will take time to arrange alternate supply chains.

Wish someone could connect some dots…

I won’t

Which side is the UK on? Qatar? I suspect not

:lou_facepalm_2:

I was picked up earlier for suggesting that some people are not well informed…so tonight I see a video doing the rounds.

It shows ‘Muslims in London today, celebrating the terror attacks’.…it is followed by comments from people demanding we launch some sort of holy war, presumably a nuclear one if the good folk of York get their way.

But the footage is from 2014, of a Free Gaza rally, it’s even written on the frigging cars!

People are so fucking thick it is beyond belief, they buy into this shit without even challenging it.

So next time you hear someone spouting crap like this, firstly tell them to get informed, secondly, make a mental note to trust them with no important decisions - and for everyone’s sake, keep them away from a fucking Polling Station.

3 Likes

At least now there is a consensus that this isn’t solely retaliation for air strikes, this is deep seated hatred for the West and our open, liberal way of life, we have to question why religion is deemed more important than a nation of common good, why cultures are allowed to exist when they fly in the face of what the Nation deems acceptable.

So you want certain cultures stamped out in the UK?

What would your list comprise of?

I want certain parts of cultures stamped out of course, homophobia, sexism, arranged marriage, dowry, FGM, disagree?

And what do you propose that is done about homophobia, sexism and all of the other anti social activities rife in our own culture? Or are they acceptable?

No but they are challenged far far more.

That’s exactly the problem with people attacking Muslims over stuff like that - British culture and social attitudes are far from perfect themselves. Wander into any pub outside of London, ask a few questions about what a woman’s role is or whether gay people should be allowed to adopt and watch the spittle fly.

We hold people to higher standards than we should. Of course, stuff like FGM is completely abhorrent and needs to be stamped out but also we need to understand that the culture and attitudes in a lot of countries outside the Western sphere are very different to our own and nothing changes overnight. Homosexuality was illegal in the UK until the late 60’s and even then, opinion polls showed 95% of people thought it was an illness requiring treatment rather than an issue of sexual identity!

Talk to 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation migrants and see, them having grown up in our society, how little difference there is between “them” and “us”.

6 Likes

Gang.

It may not seem so to those with the narrow mind that everything is Religion based, but the sh1t down here is very real.

Equally, in a wonderful reflection of the Election in the Uk here are two very sound and very well written articles on the issue.

So here you have articles no doubt penned by differing sides to the same argument.

Now WHY is this on a fighting terror thread you will ask? (And Bazza will go off on it’s all about Muslims hating us again)

Putting both pieces and sides together (and you lot still have to join dots) and you get a picture.

At the end of the day US$1 BILLION was tracked as being routed directly to “Terror or Supporters of Terror Groups”

And the narrow minded will rant and say - told you so.

And I just point out - “Who set a precedent here?”

Oh look there it is in black and white - It was OBAMA

(Note I do not subscribe to the FT so I canot access their article. I have however checked 3 different source and the FT Home page so I am happy that article is not “fake news”

2 Likes

When you have this level of ignorance there is no real hope.

XXXXXXX ¡ 0:28 There no churches in Pakistan :flushed: :flushed:

¡ Reply ¡
![Chippy Aadam](https://fb-s-a-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-fbx/v/t1.0-1/p74x74/17862016_445291639143805_1195690389647973376_n.jpg?oh=8a27daee6949dd2a8de334d0e1c37888&oe=59AF94D3& gda =1508226020_a54a05d8a811dd935f768a2e5edc12ed)BRAIN¡ There is more churches in Pakistan than England

¡ Reply ¡
¡ 17 hrs

There are but what about tolerance of Christians in Pakistan?

Here’s another stat you might like to mull over. If you’re a woman in the UK you’re about 40 times more likely to be killed by your current or ex partner than a terrorist.