📢 ☁ Fighting, terrorism

These kids tonight have put their elders to shame

Even (& I hate myself for this) Bieber has nailed it

The Millenials Live Aid moment

Says the man @chertsey-saint who’s trying to point score himself.

Well classy.

1 Like

I think it was the shear audacity of bitch face saying that campaigning would be suspended approximately 3 seconds before using what should have been a short respectful statement of remorse for blatant campaigning.

2 Likes

How am I trying to points score here? I’m utterly appalled by the front that people have got on here.

How would you expect someone to respond?

But we all know she’s a fucking twat.

Surely you have to be a little disappointed that Corbyn decided to do the same, as it shows people up to be hypocrites if they don’t denounce him as well.

Yup, no. Rest assured, I don’t disagree at all.

Nope. If he’d have said I don’t think this is the time or place he would have been hounded as weak and a sympathizer (more so than usual).

As first Home Sec and now PM, May should be taken to task on her record. Saying this is what we all need to do now , as though she’s just fucking noticed, doesn’t wash I’m afraid. She’s had 7 years to make a difference and she has done fuck all apart from make things harder for those trying to keep us safe. If she wants to talk about how we deal with terrorism then Corbyn should be allowed to respond.

4 Likes

Huge difference. May went for him first, inexplicably exposing her own record as Home Secretary and PM into the bargain. He has never been in a position to influence security matters.

She’s asking the British public to believe that Corbs is going to be crap on terrorism, on the day after an atrocity occurred on her watch, having already failed to stop two other 2017 terror attacks.

Her shameful politicking makes as much sense as pointing fingers at John Terry for problems in the Arsenal defence.

4 Likes

Sorry guys, don’t buy the ‘she did it first’ logic.

Think I’m gonna take a small break, this place is starting to feel like a right wing paper with the amount of fake news, lies and hypocrisy it’s churning out.

Good luck with the election. Whichever way it goes, all our lives are going to get worse. Fingers crossed for a very small Tory majority that makes Brexit impossible to implement.

2 Likes

From the Guardian "Jeremy Corbyn, the Labour leader, said his party would resume campaigning on Sunday evening, saying to delay any longer would obstruct democracy.

He told Sky News: “We won’t be campaigning nationally during today, but we’ll be resuming later on. I think it’s important to give a message that democracy must prevail. If we allow these attacks to disrupt our democratic process then we will all lose.”

The Brexit secretary, David Davis, said he thought the suspension would be “relatively brief” and he did not think the election could or should be suspended."

So it would seem May disreguarded the agreed suspension pretty much straightaway whilst Labour were clear it would start again later today. When Corbyn gave the speech.

2 Likes

Curious how now people saying this is largely due to bombings when the people who did this said it was for their faith? Just some thoughts on to any changes of opinion or still solely believe this is a Western intervention issue as opposed to an ideological one.

Addison also made the great point that Ariana Grande singing Oasis on a cricket ground wasn’t exactly a great result for those hoping to create division in Britain!

1 Like

Oh come on, stick around. Its a partisan forum but its just words on a screen. They can’t hurt you.

In the midst of the toxic atmosphere that the election has created and the unending stream of idiot sound bites by uninformed posters and press, a forgotten group stood up last night and reminded us that there is more to life than politics and bickering and fear…

There is still love.

Maybe there is hope for the planet and maybe even politics.

Seems Grande had made herself unpopular with many in the US because of her opinions in their election. A lot of those haters are now openly talking (ie Trump supporters) that maybe she wasn’t just some dumb kid and had a point.

I do think you lot & the politicos are once again ignoring a huge swathe of opinions of the yoof maybe they will away the election.

And they aren’t Tories

1 Like

Meanwhile rattling conceptions

And potentially ramping the global threat level.

I’m sure our armchair experts will decry this but a few snippets as well. Qatar is the only Nation to have a Taliban Embassy and for the true conspiracy nuts, they are also the only state to have close ties with Israel.

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates have cut diplomatic ties with Qatar, accusing it of destabilising the region.

They say Qatar backs terrorist groups including Islamic State (IS).

The Saudi state news agency SPA said Riyadh had closed its borders, severing land, sea and air contact with Qatar and largely isolating it.

It cited officials as saying it was to “protect its national security from the dangers of terrorism and extremism”.

The unprecedented move is being seen as the most serious split yet between powerful Gulf countries, who are also close US allies.

The row comes two weeks after the same four countries blocked Qatari news sites. Controversial comments by Qatari emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani, appearing to criticise Saudi Arabia, appeared online.

The government in Doha dismissed the comments as fake, attributing the report to a “shameful cybercrime”.

In the latest developments:

• The United Arab Emirates has given Qatari diplomats 48 hours to leave the country. Abu Dhabi accuses Doha of “supporting, funding and embracing terrorism, extremism and sectarian organisations,” state news agency WAM said
  • The UAE state airline Etihad Airways said it would suspend all flights to and from Doha from 02:45 local time on Tuesday
  • Bahrain’s state news agency said the country was cutting ties with Qatar because Doha was “shaking the security and stability of Bahrain and meddling in its affairs”
  • US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, speaking in Sydney, urged the countries to resolve their differences through dialogue.

The Saudi-led Arab coalition fighting Yemen’s Houthi rebels also expelled Qatar from its alliance because of Doha’s “practices that strengthen terrorism” and its support to groups “including al-Qaeda and Daesh [also known as IS], as well as dealing with the rebel militias”, according to SPA.

Qatar has provided its warplanes to carry out air strikes against the Houthi rebels.

Qatar, which is due to host the football World Cup in 2022, has so far made no public comments on the latest developments.

![map|976x549](upload://zqTmkMQm9aCDHYjI9Bjz36hK7Dn.jpeg)

I leave everyone else to google links like this

and speculate but of one thing you can be sure, this is a very dangerous clusterfuck situation if not handled carefully, IF Qatar does go “off the rails” their financial muscle in the wrong hands…

Local coverage

…

Doha has long faced accusations that it is a state sponsor of terror.

It has been criticised in some quarters for its support of rebel groups fighting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, and Qatari individuals have also been sanctioned by the US Treasury for terror-funding activities…

…

In recent weeks, Qatar has been accused outright of terror funding in articles which have appeared in the American media.

It was also criticised for providing a sanctuary to former Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal , who earlier this month used his Doha base - where he has lived in exile for several years - to launch a new policy document.

The Afghan Taliban opened an office in Doha in 20 13.

Qatar, which will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup, is home to the Al-Udeid airbase, where the US conducts all coalition air operations for the region.

1 Like

And back in London

Oops

The security services were facing difficult questions last night over how at least one of the London Bridge terrorists slipped through the intelligence net.

It emerged that the 27-year-old Muslim extremist appeared in a TV documentary last year about British jihadis – and was involved in a filmed altercation with police after an Islamic State flag was unfurled in a park.

He was caught on camera alongside two notorious preachers who were well known to police and intelligence officials because of their extremist views.

Amid a series of revelations last night, it was claimed that a friend of the Watford-born suspect had reported him to the anti-terror hotline after he became radicalised by watching extremist videos on YouTube.

It was also alleged that police were warned about the suspect radicalising children in a local park two years ago.

And yesterday, a photographer captured a detective carrying secret notes which appeared to suggest a man embroiled in the investigation had been quizzed by police last year.

1 Like

Meanwhile tragic as London, Manchester, Paris and other attacks have been 484 Civilians have been killed by US led coalition forces.

But that’s OK they aren’t European and the US Military have said sorry

8 Likes