📢 ☁ Fighting, terrorism

I don’t take anything you say remotely seriously

That’s your problem, you live in an echo chamber, and that’s why the Conservatives will get 400+ seats in a few weeks.

What on earth has that got to do with what is being discussed? This is why I won’t take you seriously. Irrelevant bollocks in the middle of a discussion about Prevent and terrorism and ridiculous dismissal of a teaching bodies concern about the program.

1 Like

Because the teaching body that’s being discussed is a group of public sector workers with fanatical loyalty to the Labour Party. They are not an unbiased source and their opposition to the Prevent strategy should not discredit it entirely.

You may have a different opinion of course, but its perfectly relevant.

When we got done by Ofsted a couple of years ago our middle management were called in for a group interview.

No questions about teaching and learning. No questions about attainment or achievement. No questions about child welfare and safety.

Two questions were asked. What are the British values? How are they embedded in the curriculum? Cue…lots of umming and aahing…so one of the middle management turned it round on the inspectors…guess what? They couldn’t state them all either.

Which would be funny if it weren’t highlighted in the subsequent report as being an area of weakness.

Gove (still) has a lot to answer for.

2 Likes

I agreed with what he said not the internal complex’s of it, you plainly don’t like it some experts do, do you know more about it than them?

The sops and wets on here would say British values are whatever doesn’t offend and a multicultural nation, multicultural is another word for failure to integrate and mix.Why can’t we have a singular British culture that values humanity and original thinking and independent thought free from dogma and cultural ties?

British values to me are we’re all equal.

God is irrelevant before the law.

The law is above God.

Type in ‘Britsh values Prevent’ Bazza. Click on the first link. Then come back and comment. Until then - shut the fuck up, you din.

British culture free from cultural ties? :confused:Explain how that works.

Further proof, if any more were needed, of what a duplicitous and hypocritical bunch of shysters the Tories are.

In 2006, when David Cameron was leader of the opposition he endorsed a report by a Conservative policy group on security issues. It concluded, " We need to recognize that a central element of foreign policy - the intervention in Iraq - has failed in it’s objectives so badly that the threat to this country is actually greater than it was before it began".

Boris Johnson wrote in an article in 2005, just one week after the 7/7 bombings. " The Iraq war did not create the problem of murderous Islamic fundamentalists, though the war has unquestionably sharpened the resentments felt by such people in this country and given them a new pretext".

Michael Portillo, on the lates edition of This Week, to Andrew Neil. “I would, if i was still defence secretary, need an awful lot of convincing we should go back into Afghanistan. It is not clear to me these interventions we have made in predominantly Muslim countries have done more to suppress terrorism than they have to arouse disgruntlement”.

Kenneth Clarke in 2005. " However, the decision by the UK government to become the leading ally of President Bush in the Iraq debacle has made Britain one of the foremost targets for Islamic extremists".

David Davis, the current Brexit minister in a speech last summer. “People feel very strongly about this, that Parliament was essentially misled into a war which led to terrible consequences both for people in !raq and the Middle East and indeed back in the West, as well with heightened risk of terrorism”.

Andrew Tyrie, chairman of the Treasury Select Committee, once described as the most powerful backbencher in the House of Commons, slammed British foreign policy during the 2013 debate in Parliament over air strikes in Syria. " Regime change in Iraq brought anarchy and terrible suffering. It has also made us less safe. Above all it has created the conditions for the growth of militant extremism".

Can anyone point out the difference between these sentiments and the views expressed by Jeremy Corbyn? And why is Mayhem not confronted with these quotes every time she misrepresents and tells bare faced lies about Corbyn “Making excuses for terrorism”?

12 Likes

I saw rule of law but didn’t see Sharia in there…

Stepping gently around the digs at Corbyn at the beginning of this article there are a number of interesting concepts that I hadn’t thought through regarding Facism and “Islamic Extremism”

More background stuff to go find out I guess

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/01/jeremy-corbyn-and-the-hard-left-are-wilfully-blind-to-the-evils-of-islamist-nazis/#

1 Like

So the terror level was raised to critical and the army deployed because security services were convinced the Manchester bomber couldn’t have been working on his own. He was clearly part of a network, we were told. You couldn’t buy all the bomb ingredients on line, by yourself without getting caught. He couldn’t have self taught himself these things, there must be others out there, ready to do more twattishness.

That was only last week. Seems to me like the police are saying he did do it all by himself. If anyone was cynical about the manipulation of the terror threat level before, they may have more grounds for the belief now.

1 Like

Still think Prevent is better than nothing, @barry-sanchez . Abedi was “not known” to the governments Prevent scheme…despite being reported to the authorities. This goes back to that statistic I quoted…90% of those referred are not followed up.

I enjoyed this video not sure if it belongs here, in the Syria thread or the trump thread though.

2 Likes

The government only has to look strong for another nine days.

After that we will establish whether this ‘encouraging’ investigation leads to further charges or everyone being quietly released.

I’ll be disappointed if it’s the latter and we’ve been fooled by a little theatrical show of strength.

Hands up who has been on Prevent training. I have. Half day run by the last local authority. Before that I had to do an online training by the college of policing. That was appalling. The half day training was interesting as there were lots of discussion. But you could tell that even the trainers struggle with this policy. It is meant to deal with all types of radicalisation. But does it?

I’ve recently been told by new employer to go on mandatory prevent training for people with little knowledge of it.

1 Like