Feminism

I’ll settle for a pasty tbh :blush:

3 Likes

Supporting yes, but being led by DCI O P Ensandles

7 Likes

I believe the reason why so many sadly still believe some behaviours are acceptable is that they assume offence should be some form of democratic scale… eg, if only one person finds something offensive or feels harrassed by a joke or ‘banter’ the they should stop being so sensitive and join in… And there in lies the problem. There needs to be a mind shift and recognition that offence is caused on an individual basis and its not for someone else to tell you what is and is not offensive to you.

Interestingly, I think even closet racists are no longer (mostly) openly tell racist jokes by the office water cooler, yet the same can not be said about sexist or ‘dirty’ jokes within ear shot of folks who they dont really know. Untimately, its about respect. Respecting others and modifying behaviours to ensure they never feel uncomfortable or offended. That is just being a decent person andhas fuck all to do with PC Liberal bollocks despite what some might believe

2 Likes

It should not need any definition. Most folk of reasonable intelligence ‘know’ when they are causing offence, or making others feel uncomfortable with their behaviour or language… and in addition, it will be different for each individual. It is all very simple, and about respect. Those needing clear 'definitions suggest they are worried about causing offence and not knowing boundaries.

4 Likes

where exactly have I said that.

Okay, I’ve checked that it’s okay to publicise with Mrs BS. She reckons it’s fine, as it was published on the internal magazine. I’ve now read it and it reads very well. It’s called ‘Not Just Bants’ and is about a female graduate working on site for Network Rail.

What’s really interesting is the range of comments underneath the article - some, mainly blokes saying it is just banter, some women telling her to ‘man up’, some women and men telling her well done for being prepared to tell her experiences and, the worst of the lot, a whole load of blokes whining about how men are harrassed and making it all about them.

You may, or may not be able to access it from this link.

http://connect/content/news/2017/Oct/Not-just-bants.aspx

Can’t access it. That is, of course, if it really exists.

This is pretty depressing. Once again not being believed that these things happen on a large scale. It seems to highlight the problem quite well.

Is that known as a saggy tit? @saintbristol

As I have been out of the game for such a long time how do people get other people to have sex without asking them and then if they do that becoming a sexual harassement incident if the other party decides no?

Where do people find mates these days ?

All these incidents it look’s like arranged marriages is the way to go but there you have the problem as in India of people not getting any and the rape count rises.

NB a tart pick up in a hotel does not count.

You’re right to be suspicious because, obviously, I’d make something like this up.

I wondered whether it was accessible - it’s on their internal intranet. I’ll get Mrs BS to do a screengrab and post that. Sadly, that’ll mean many of the comments are missing.

Was it about feminism? Tangentially perhaps.

Did you watch it?

That aside it really was an interesting watch (well once I’d ignored his whining cock-stuck-in-his-Canadian-throat voice and I’d ignored the biblical stuff at the beginning) and I can support a lot of what he’s saying.

If his idea is that male dominance has come about from hero-worship and the retelling of stories about heroes, then sign me up.

Where the idea falls down (for me) is to assume that evolution, selection and females exercising choice is now locked in the past “classic” male dominance hierarchy.

In the past, males held the pen that wrote the history books and held the mic that told the crowd what to do, but that’s now fluid and it’s changing.

The examples he cites about memes (my word not his) circulating about males killing dragons and stealing and redistributing gold that go on to create heroes that go on to immediately go to the top of the male dominance hierarchy that go on to breed with the most females that go on to create role models for other males which go on to be the dominant behaviour which go on to…etc. sound plausible. More than plausible in fact.

But those “tales of yore” and the “what do I have to do to get sex and create in my own image” feedback loops no longer rely on tens of generational time-spans and stories retold by travelling minstrels, they’re started on Facebook and Twitter.

As he states, again and again, the male that gets to donate his DNA is “mediated by human female choice”. The criteria for those choices are no longer simply “will my child be tall, muscular, aggressive and dominant?” instead they are just as likely to be “will my husband be able to share the childcare duties and create a human that won’t want to go to war to get his way?”.

The result of those changes of “female choice” will be a different role model, a different stock of male and female DNA and a different type of “hero”.

The speed at which this enlightenment is happening is scary (especially to old fuckers like me) and it is happening so quickly because equality seems to be the stable-state and all that needed to happen was for female views to change, wait for a couple of generations to be “mediated by female choice” and add the Internet.

Gism - it’s fluid and it’s changing.

PS I thought his jibe at @krg_ (one of the pathological guys out there bolstering up the feminists) was a cheap shot. But they are sneaky bastards.

2 Likes

Sharing her intranet username and password would go a long way to salvaging what little credibility you have left, @bathsaint .

4 Likes

What have I done now?

I’ve, frankly, got no intention in watching a Joe Rogan video on the matter. I’ve seen enough of his stuff to know that any discussion of feminism involving him is only going to go one way.

3 Likes

At the end of the video there is a discussion about those sneaky bastards that can’t compete (getting sex) in terms of typical dominant male metrics.

Jordan Peterson says that these ‘sneaky’ bastards have developed a strategy of becoming allies of the feminist (so they can get sex that way).

I saw that and thought of you @krg_ .

x

2 Likes

It depends what you mean by ‘things’ and what you expect to happen. If by ‘believed’ you mean that men being accused of literally anything in an office environment ought to be ‘convicted’ of whatever any woman accuses them of without a shred of proof then no, we still operate (and ought to) on the basis of innocent until proven guilty.

Ah that old trope.

Usually says more about the person, than those that they are trying to critique. Most often, their own selfishness. That someone could possibly care about something without it having some direct benefit to themselves (well, other than a more equal society being better for everyone).

I also don’t think krGF really cares what I say on t’internet, it ain’t gonna change much in that department ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

The issue with this is that in my last job, my graduate peer group was full of angry feminists and liberal nu-males who were often scoffing and sneering at straight white men. I found that deeply offensive, yet we all know there’s no way that my complaints would be taken seriously if I were to make any.

That rather scuppers the idea that ‘its not for someone else to tell you what is and is not offensive to you’ - because the vast majority of the PC left will gladly tell people they politically disagree with what they can and can’t find offensive.

To use a fairly extreme example: you would (and so would most people as well as myself) say that a black man overhearing overtly racist jokes which imply black people are stupid is far more entitled to be offended than a white man overhearing the occasional chuckle at white people being nerdy and unable to dance very well (or some other such tame stereotype).

The issue there is that once you’re willing to do that, you immediately set a precedent whereby you *do* think its fair for third-parties to judge whether someone should or shouldn’t be offended - and that the severity of offence isn’t entirely down to how someone takes the comment.

Do you see what I mean?

I do know what you mean, and it does seem like a cheap shot, but so so many male feminists on my Facebook (and indeed across the reaches of the internet) really do seem to fit into a very particular stereotype. There are a few execptions, but when discussing generalities, its really hard to believe that ulterior motives aren’t at play for an awful lot of them.