Explosions at the Manchester Evening News Arena

Bollocks. That’s an example of Manchester putting them out. There are people still unaware of whether their kids are alive or dead. The pea-brained cunts of the EDL showed zero class in staging their protest in the midst of all of that.

About par for the course.

pass the gasoline…

Downvoted for being the closest thing Sotonians has ever had to TSW’s Batman.

dont know who batman is. is that a compliment (am guessing not)? I’m just sooo tired of the knee jerk, crank it up hubris. People died - human tragedy. Let it lie for a while at least. EDl protesting? fuck em - leave them to it. It’s only news if there’s a response.

1 Like

Maybe we should move all of this terrorism/foreign policy discussion away from such an emotive thread?

9 Likes

bruce wayne don’t tell jkr

3 Likes

Barry, this isn’t Social Interpretation II.

Fuck off over there with it. Please.

4 Likes

Not a problem snowflake I’ll use that one.

Have to agree @saint-or-sinner

But it’s proof positive that trying to get a Sotonians thread to stay on topic is like herding cats…

2 Likes

Troll v Troll…

I’ve seen it all now

:lou_facepalm_2:

I’d thought I’d visit here as I know pap is an open minded fellow.

Was anyone else’s second thought after the horrible news “well that’s convenient for Theresa May just as Corbyn had peaked in the polls and she’s just done a shocking interview?..” or am I a tad paranoid?

3 Likes

Surely the world’s not that fucked up eh?

1 Like

Eeeek… @jboy I did.

But at least we got a day away from political posturing - which I acknowledge is not a good comment given what happened yesterday. I feel more about the victims than the sanctimonious self-serving politicians who are doing their best to stitch all of us up to preserve the self-interests of themselves and their cronies…

3 Likes

I hope not. I’ve been watching House of Cards which doesn’t help.

Back in the real world, wasnt a senior General saying a year or two back the army should stage a coup if Corbyn got in? That’s bloodshed talk, and there’s people out there with powerful friends.

Oh yes it is and the proof was in your lifetime.

sarcasm

When I read earlier that UKIP had called for suicide bombers to face the death penalty, I thought it was a fkn joke.

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/kent-politician-demands-return-of-the-death-penalty-following-manchester-terror-attack-1-5030744

4 Likes

The problem is that May will probably adopt the policy.

3 Likes

You don’t have to be a Liberal to make the link between foreign policy and these type of attacks, you just need to have a brain. Could you give us a list of Islamic related terrorist attacks that occured before we stood ‘shoulder to shoulder’ with the US bombing the shit out of Iraq, Libya etc? Thought not. Do you think this is just a coincidence?

We joined in destroying these countries, in unprovoked attacks, purely for geo political reasons. Slaughtering untold thousands of their citizens, mainly by dropping bombs on them in the middle of the night. Does that class as terrorism? Purely because the West, ie, the US, want control of their assets. How dare they have our oil under their soil eh? Whether you like it or not, we have created the appalling refugee situation, and their hatred of us by our actions. You can’t get away from that. The laws of cause and effect always apply. Are you surprised that they have a “hatred of the West and it’s freedoms”? Really? You must be really naive if you are. The truth is that the thing that can’t be mentioned isn’t their “hatred of the West and it’s freedoms”, It is the uncomfortable truth that the actions of our governments, on our behalf, went a very long way to bringing us to where we are today. That is where you should be directing your anger. Harsh as it is to say it at the moment, but it needs to be said none the less. You reap what you sow.

8 Likes

I said the same sort of thing on the Fighting Terrorism thread, not quite so eloquently though, but got short shrift from @barry-sanchez !!