Explosions at the Manchester Evening News Arena

Lockerbie?

So youā€™re saying this is deserved? These children deserved this? Explain you reap what you sow and how that is valid in this situation?

Yvonne Fletcher.

Libyan Embassy.

@barry-sanchez you asked Bear to delete a post on this thread. Another thread has been set up to have a discussion on terrorism. Yet you continue to use this thread which I find a bit distasteful. Bearsy took on board what you said. Will you consider taking this discussion over to the other thread?

2 Likes

Of course and I apologise profusely for my actions if they seem antagonistic but I was asked a question.

Where did i say these children deserved it, a disgraceful thing to allege. You clearly have no comprehension of what i was saying. Of course these children didnā€™t desrve it. Anymore than the children of Iraq and Libya etc didnā€™t deserve getting blown to bits in the middle of the night. None of them deserve it. But this narrative, which is being pursued at the moment by wall to wall coverage in the media, that somehow our victims are innocent victims, which of course they are, and the thousands of dead civilians, including many many children slaughtered by the West in the Middle East are collateral damage, is totally and utterly wrong, obscene.

As for your examples, i will see your Lockerbie and raise you Iran air flight 655. Cause and effect Barry, cause and effect. I suggest you do a bit of reading about Lockerbie, without prejudice, and educate yourself.

Of course two wrongs never make a right, but this is the real world.

3 Likes

So youā€™re now saying the victims arenā€™t innocent?

Slaughtered by the West? I remember the millions who demoā€™d against Iraq, Iā€™d like you to and Iā€™ll meet you to stand in Albert Square in Manchester to say that, Iā€™ll sit back and see what happens to that opinion.

If youā€™re allowed to assume the cause then so am I, its sewn in mosques in this Country, its a religious war or defined as so and the bombings in the Middle East are used as a vehicle by the naĆÆve for these actions, they are also used as vehicles by liberals to attack Middle East policies to further their agendas.

Both opportunistic and both equally as if not more credible than your view.

What nonsense you spout, you clearly have a reading comprehension problem. Which part of," which of course they are" do you not understand? As for the rest of your post, it is unintelligible. Are you seriously stating that the actions of Western governments in slaughtering citizens of the Middle East have no bearing on the situation as it is now? Perhaps you think they should just suck it up, take it like a man when their women and children are blown to bits in the middle of the night. And you call me naive.

1 Like

Are you soft? Youā€™re assuming that is solely the reason or even the reason.

You donā€™t think this hatred is grown and harnessed in this Country?
You donā€™t think its perceived as a war as opposed to solely retaliation?

Jesus wept, I am calling you naĆÆve, totally and utterly.

Why would a British man kill his own people then? We havenā€™t killed his own Countrymen, what are you suggesting?

That went well

12 Likes

Just sighed loudly in the office having seen that this made no impact.

4 Likes

I apologise profusely and this wonā€™t happen again, again.

1 Like

this probably isnā€™t the time, but I feel very strongly about this. Iā€™ve just read that people have raised Ā£1.5m for the victims. I just donā€™t understand what for. Whatā€™s that money for? This isnā€™t some humanitarian disaster in a poor part of the world. What use is that money? Itā€™s almost like saying, ā€œsorry your child is dead, here have some money.ā€

I see Tom Hardy is already half way to his target of Ā£15,000. What? Why? And if heā€™s that bothered why doesnā€™t he just give Ā£15,000?

the Mrs has told me off for expressing this view. She says people are just being nice. She is usually right and Iā€™m pretty much always wrong, but I find this a mixture of sick and self serving.

am I right or is Mrs fatso right?

4 Likes

Iā€™m with you Fatso. Iā€™m sure people mean well but as you say itā€™s like, sorry you lost someone, we donā€™t know what else to do or say so here is a bundle of cash. Perhaps it would be better if the media and everyone just left them alone to grieve?

3 Likes

Iā€™m with you I think. A terrible thing happens to Strangers and I am interest and empathy, but I donā€™t feel any compunction to elbow in on the grief. They had 4 (four!) vigils today in fkn Brighton. I wonder how ppl end up going to things like that?

2 Likes

Itā€™s called solidarity, a trait not shown by many Southerners as theyā€™re too selfish and wanting a higher price for their house, if you live in the North you may get to appreciate and like it, now donā€™t get me wrong I nearly hurl at the cliches thrown out about being strong, friendly and warm but I can say one thing if my back was against the wall and I was in the shit Iā€™d rather have a northerner at my side than a southerner on the whole, itā€™s a bluntness and an honesty that you donā€™t get down south.

What, only northerners have raised the Ā£1.5m? I didnā€™t realise.

2 Likes

Heā€™s gone native.

1 Like