đŸ‡ȘđŸ‡ș European Parliament Elections 2019

As I said, let’s focus on Farage. Where is the evidence that he is a racist? I see plenty of evidence that he is not, such as deserting UKIP after the Tommy Robinsons were let in, or being married to a foreigner.

I suspect the strongest case you have is the “Breaking Point” poster, which you could argue is xenophobic. Doesn’t seem particularly racist to me.

Thought he left ukip when they were sinking, but even if it was because of Huxley fuxley whatever(full of these people when he was there if you look) that doesn’t show he’s not racist, more an understanding of the fine line he walks(and talks).
There’s plenty on him, all the way from school, if you want to look.
Racist or xenophobe?
Now the poster was racist because it depicted only people with a certain amount of melonin(not white) and was bullshit because Britain isn’t in the EU’s Common Asylum Policy, so no obligation to take a single one. I’m going for racist on this one.
I don’t think marrying a German tells us he’s not racist either. I just see a white person marrying another white person. It might show he’s not a xenophobe(i’m shit at language so may be wrong). I’ll stick with racist.
One last thought. You know how any losses for your party will be portrayed by the press and certain MPs, whilst giving a boost to the far right. Careful with that as you might end up somewhere far worse than you are now(however bad you think now is).

Oswald Mosely was in the Labour Party, your point as ever is scatter gun and all encompassing.

Pot, kettle, black?

1 Like

Shamelessly pilfered from Twatter:

Big difference between racism and xenophobia. I’m on record several times as saying I do not like Farage’s domestic campaigning under the banner of UKIP. That is why Vote Leave wanted him nowhere near the official campaign.

The poster is tasteless. It’ll certainly get the racist and xenophobic vote, but it will also work on the idiots that believe that its migrants, not funding cuts, that have squeezed public services. I am not one of those people.

The European Parliament has always been meaningless. It’s only legacy will have been to have lionised the likes of Farage and given them a platform to destroy the institution from within. They shouldn’t be able to do it, but the EU provides them with a lot of ammunition and very little appetite to reform in a democratic election.

I’ve also seen these elections described as a staging post for the complete destruction of the Tory Party. That’s something else I can live with.

Most of all though, it’s an EU wide referendum on the EU. The Labour MEPs are all pro-Remain, the Tories have failed to deliver Brexit and I am not going to vote for any of the virulently pro-Remain people, like those principled Lib Dems .

Where else does anyone that voted Leave put their tick in the box on May 23rd but the Brexit Party?

The simple fact is that The Brexit Party would not even exist if things had gone to plan on March 29th. They would not have the support they have if the public were convinced that either of the main parties were committed to, or capable of delivering Brexit. May wants us to sign up to a worse gig than we have now. Noises of a second referendum keep coming out of the Labour Party.

The public has lost faith in both on this issue, and I think you need to add at least ten points to the 34% that it is currently polling at. May 23rd is going to be the biggest day of nose-holding in British electoral history.

This is going to be 23rd June equivalent of results and this time they’ll have to listen as the fuckers will be in Brussels ha ha, love it, I love it as a slight anarchist and see the shit storm, you deny democracy at your peril.

1 Like

And.
As ever you’re point is bollocks.

1 Like

Let’s see if the big parties change records after these elections.

I suspect the Sanchez may be proven broadly correct. What happens when this country sends a huge delegation of committed no deal Eurosceptics to the European Parliament?

Yes some fair points, but there’s a bigger picture. You don’t agree, so vote for the right and that’s exactly what you’ll get. Shit choice in your position, I accept.
Farage is still a racist :wink:

Ha Ha I can’t wait.

careful what you wish for

Why? This is what you get when you stall democracy, this is also just a warning as if the vote isn’t respected and squirmed out of by mp’s it’ll be far far worse.

They’ll have no meaningful power in the European Parliament.

It’s the way the EU designed it.

Depending on what happens across the rest of the continent, the most they can do is block EU Commission-proposed legislation.

However, what’ll actually happen is that Eurosceptics across the continent are going to get Parliamentary time to lay into the EU and its principles, or lack thereof. I can live with that too.

I’m not going to take voting advice from those seeking to overturn Brexit before it happens though, as they seem unfamiliar with how the concept works.

My thinking has nothing at all to do with the EU, or anyone that wants to overturn the vote.
I’m looking purely at England and where it’s heading. This election could cement that path and it heads as far to right as is possible from my view. A bit like the Assange set up in Sweden, you feel your bed fellows are just a random happening and then find out they work for the cia and it was all planned.
I think you’ll get your wish, but i doubt you will like the eventual(hidden) price. Let’s hope i’m wrong(not about your wish. That’s not the issue).

You can only vote for those that are standing. Those that have attempted to thwart democracy have done most to bring this about.

The Brexit Party would not even exist if the main parties had upheld their 2017 General Election manifestos. You reap what you sow.

Yeah, that’s the worry,or reward if you deliberately sowed it and that’s my worry.
Are the Labour MPs that go against the vote, also against Corbyn by any chance?

1 Like

I was referring to pro-European politicians and according to many reports, senior civil servants, creating the conditions for the Brexit Party to exist.

The Change UK splitters were all anti-Corbyn. Most of the pro-Brexit Labour MP camp would be broadly positive, or at least not hostile to Corbyn. John Mann would be an obvious exception.

It’s a clusterfuck, which the political situation in both parties has done nothing to help. Corbyn would quite happily pursue a Lexit if given the chance, but the vast majority of his MPs are ardent pro-Europeans. May has different problems, most of her own making, but she has inherited the hardline Eurosceptics that John Major once called bastards.

There are two parties advancing a pro-Brexit position. Batshit mental Islamophobic UKIP or Brexit Party. Just as you can’t really blame the Americans for having two really shit options on the table, you won’t be able to blame the British public for voting for Farage when those are the only two options on the table.

That’s the issue isn’t it? The UK (Engerland) may end up with something that nobody quite expected or wanted (not after the MEP vote obvs)

I hope for one that England doesn’t end up on the fringes of the world, cast adrift as a xenophobic, racist, clinger-on to the days of Empire. I worry that it could happen and that a lot of people will love it.

1 Like

Brexit lot are no different to ukip, just the ones smart enough to realise they needed a serious face lift(who’s funding them?). Spoil your ballot would be a far preferable option. Anything rather than give racists a voice(we have qt for that), even if they agree with you on a single issue(as important as it is).