šŸ» End of season Beers

Yeah and Iā€™ve seen the fares. Double the cost of my flight from London to Southampton! Also Bishopstoke isnā€™t easy for Salisbury.
But actually Eric is trying to come down and weā€™re planning a dxb crew reunion

Canā€™t you get a train from Eastleigh (just over the bridge from the pub) to Salisbury via Romsey? Could be tricky on a Sunday night I guess.

So if Ericā€™s down were you thinking of combining that with the Sotonians do? Would be great to see Eric after all these years.

Work in progress at the moment.
Weā€™ll see - issue is we always pick up a mate from near Lordshill on way to/,from games. They came to the Stable last time I was back but bit of a long walk for the old bugger.
ā‚¬68 each way on Rail Air from LHR when I come back insane. Even the coach at Ā£35.20 return is more than 1st class Express train to Warsaw 350 miles from here!

My dilemma is needing to be in Berlin early on the Mondayā€¦without stinking of beerā€¦and as my old mate once said ā€˜Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they goā€™ā€¦ so am I welcome?

3 Likes

Will see what unfolds and let everyone know

No dilemma.
Under Ralph weā€™ve won as many matches in 18 games, as under the last two managers in 52 games.
We have weaknesses, that get exposed, but itā€™s starting to feel a bit like, fuck it, we can score against anyone(imagine saying that 6 months ago), weā€™ll take our chances.
Itā€™s an enjoyable sporting occasion again. Iā€™d advise any fan to see at least one game this season and the last should have a great atmosphere(& 6 goals).
Do it if you can.

And travelling 480 miles in each directionā€¦

Sorry, i thought you had said that you were in London the day before. 480 both ways would show dedication :grin:

Clearly worth it. How could you think otherwise?

2 Likes

You lot are weak as pissā€¦

_DSC4434

4 Likes

And?

Most of it is a sandpit isnā€™t it?

:wink:

Correct :smiley:

Only a 1500 kilometre round trip to the closest capital city :astonished:

1 Like

So be a proper fan.
Use Ryanair.

Or be a posh fan and use FlyBE

Or be a Fran and walk it :wink:

3 Likes

Will be in Edinburgh for most of that weekend (mateā€™s wedding) and unfortunately the flight home doesnā€™t land until the second half kicks offā€¦

However given that weā€™re flying from/to Southampton, itā€™d be pretty easy to jump one stop up the train line. If Iā€™m not deathly hungover, thereā€™s a chance Iā€™ll make the afters. :slightly_smiling_face:

Havenā€™t seen you lot for a fair while, so what better than an end of season catch-up?

7 Likes

Get your arse there, @ant.

Iā€™ll learn you something about IPAs. :beer:

Now I have a real quandry going on. I was possibly going to be working but am not now but we have the use of a static caravan in Highcliffe for that weekend!!

Mrs BTripz has arranged for us to use it with us going back home on the Sunday evening (the day of the match).

She has also said that I can go to the football and has suggested that I can get back to the carvan park in time for me to drive them all home!!

So do I go to the football and then have a couple afterwards and then go back to the caravan park or do I put my foot down and say Iā€™m having a few beers and go back to the caravan park pissed and let her drive us back or do I further risk the wrath and get the train back to Poole??

Or do I not go to the football altogether and have a nice dutiful, family weekend?

• No football, have a nice family weekend!!
  • Go to the football, have a couple in moderation then go back and drive your family home!
  • Go to the football, get smashed afterwards, suffer the wrath of Mrs BTripz :lou_angry::trumpangry:

0 voters

2 Likes

I think that says it all about Sotonians.

1 Like

Sotonians - Providing solidarity whenever stupidity raises its drink addled head.

7 Likes

Well, to be fair, I wasnā€™t really expecting any other answer, maybe only @tigger and @Intiniki would give me the ladies perspective.