:covid_19: šŸ˜· šŸ„ Corona Virus the thread for all your fears ā“

This pinging thing got us this week - lost the entire IT dept - not a issue from them logging in, but no boots on the ground to do the physical stuff. Now I have to do it whilst being instructed by face time ā€œTake out that wire, no that oneā€ FFS

6 Likes

Get on with it, cable monkey.

2 Likes

ffs, did the fucking media not learn from last time that they are the cause of this panic buying stupidity?

2 Likes

No, because they are sensationalist cunts

3 Likes

Seriously?, there must be a fuckton of them then.

Ooh, there are tickets available for Lords Sunday, could take Grandkids.
Wembley, Covid, says Daughter may not be allowed to fly home.
Bugger not going

Iā€™m probably missing out on a paid trip to the US unless Biden makes some sort of announcement.

Itā€™s fucking unplayable. If I wanted to do it Iā€™d need to fuck off to Mexico or Cuba for 14 days before transferring in. Canā€™t afford the time out, much as Iā€™d love it.

Covid cases have fallen back this week

Ah, noā€¦

Tbf that was yesterday- todayā€™s cases dropped below 40k - 8k less than last week

Poland already announced schools wont reopen in September
Delta variant is now being used - 4th wave will close us down again unless you get vexed
:man_facepalming:

Well last week there were restrictionsā€¦this week weā€™ve had a free for allā€¦Iā€™m not hopeful. :neutral_face:

What a difference a week makes. Was out at ASDA today and mask wearers were a minority

Tbf a couple of weeks ago we had the football - that was always going to put pressure on the numbers

Went to Sainsburyā€™s today and virtually everyone was wearing a mask. Not sure if you can read anything into that though.

On my occasional trips to Tesco I have been very disappointed, and somewhat worried.
Even before requirements were done away with, I observed older people (50 upwards) religiously cleaning their trolleys, wearing masks and hand sanitising, while younger folk (say 25 to 49) just donā€™t do any of this.
Donā€™t they read the statistics which show the majority of cases here are people of their age group?
Stupid people - they are tomorrowā€™s sick people, but they put us all at risk if they get sick and allow this virus to mutate again.
They are all cunts.

4 Likes

Lol

Making up policy as they go along :roll_eyes::man_facepalming:

And in other news, staff shortages are not widespread :roll_eyes:

They could do nothing and just let it play out

Which seems like what they want to do but face a backlash and then back track every single time. Good? Bad? I dunno, Iā€™m not an expert on what Covid will do to the population if left unchecked - I fall into the cautious group though so naturally donā€™t agree with the open up everything now and sod the restrictions argument which seems to be the mantra of ā€œleadersā€ of some businesses and Conservatives.

1 Like