:covid_19: 😷 🏥 Corona Virus the thread for all your fears ❓

Surely she should be staying in the nearest safe country. Timor?

1 Like

HA! she’s there already…

1 Like

PNG ought to do it

Not a fear exactly, but YoungAdult#2is going out clubbing this evening with his mates (first time since lockdown Mk2).

YoungAdult#1 is doing the same but tomorrow.

Their NHS App will be lighting up like a Christmas tree in a few days (unlike some of their mates they haven’t deleted it / paused it).

Pitch a tent in the garden and lock the doors

3 Likes

A good reason for the little Scrotes who’ve been avoiding getting the jab to pull their finger out and get it done.

2 Likes

1 Like

Sounds like a clusterfuck to me. Govt have probably seen the super spreading events from midnight on Monday and are now backpedaling.

1 Like

Yep :+1:

They only had to look at the Netherlands to see what impact the nightclub would have.

That said when do you open them. There is a lot of resistance in the young to getting the jab and vaccination rates in general are falling off a cliff. If we dont open them now, we will have to wait another year (because opening during winter would be truly stupid), by which time there will be no clubs to open.

I think this is a carrot and stick approach to getting the young to dose up

You’re giving them too much credit after the fact, I reckon.

At best, they’re making the most of a self-inflicted crisis.

1 Like

Poland have introduced mandatory passenger locator forms.
In Polish.
That dont accept you being British with a Polish mobile# & only accept .pl email addresses
:scream::scream::scream::scream:

The thanks of a grateful government?

I think not.

Will this be the standard ploy 0.5% increase every 3rd year for the next 18 years?

1 Like

You’d like to hope that the 3% is in addition to any standard pay rise…

It’s going to be rejected - the unions have set their minds on 15% - that’s wishful thinking which ever way you cut it

2 Likes

They’ll probably end up meeting halfway or there abouts, spread over the next 5 years :roll_eyes:

So this is because a few people may be positive and everyone else has to isolate regardless? My daughter is doing lab work and they’re now doing LFT’s every day when there’s a hint of a positive case / someone has been pinged instead of closing the whole lab down. Seems to be working.

The shortage of drivers overall doesn’t appear to be Covid related.

A lot of it is down to cancelled HGV tests that have created a blip in supply