:covid_19: đŸ˜· đŸ„ Corona Virus the thread for all your fears ❓

Maybe, but not by much.

And yep, you’re right to point out the problem with having a particularly empty vessel like Boris. There will always be someone to fill it, and while Cummings is undoubtedly an excellent campaign manager, he clearly saw himself as above the law.

Boris could have and should have moved him then. They could still have worked together, but a more sensible arms length rather than total fucking hypocrite at the heart of, and backed up by the government.

I read his explanation. Apparently he was volunteering at some NHS facility and was offered a “spare jab”.

Not sure this one is worth getting animated over in the context of the SNP MP that knowingly had COVID and decided to travel anyway.

Course he was! That’s all cool with you is it? He spent an afternoon volunteering at the hospital where his wife works as a doctor and where there will front line workers unvaccinated. Presumably the fact that he is only 40, in good health but just happens to be a Tory MP is of no interest to you? Would that be because he is one of the ERG true believers, so can be excused anything? I suspect so.

Nothing to see here - move along. Ooh look, over there — SNP baaad.

Don’t blame her tbf

Didn’t say it was of no interest to me. I said it’s not worth getting animated over. There have been far worse transgressions than someone getting vaccinated.

You should perhaps remember my wait and see approach with this vaccine. From my perspective, he’s done me a favour.

In general, he’s got better excuses than most. This is not a hill to die on.

1 Like

What excuse would that be, "I’m a Tory MP?

Volunteering in a hospital at the time.

In general, I find this outraged finger pointing all a bit wearying and shrill. It doesn’t seem particularly productive. If you’re in the shoes of someone sensible and right-leaning that can remember the last 12 months, you’re going to look at this, look at the outcry and say “Wha
”.

I’m not having a go at you specifically. Most social media left wing groups are like this. You will literally get a thousand posts like this, pointing out some minor malfeasance as if it’s the end of the world, before you see anything that looks like a policy idea.

The right is just as bad, if not worse. While I am not a member of any right wing groups, I do belong to a couple of cross party politics groups and I will watch right wing YouTube videos, for the same reasons people serious about the news read many broadsheets. I want to know what they’re saying.

It’s actually the perfect situation for those that actually run things. Policy ideas can kill them, so all the time people are pointing fingers like the angry monkey at relatively trivial shit must be a bonus.

1 Like

Yet Pap, you’re continually bemoaning Boris 

Based on his performance in the most important job in the country. It’s not personal and I don’t particularly dislike the man. I don’t particularly dislike that many Tories. I will admit to finding a couple particularly odious, but I wouldn’t complain if they were doing a good job.

Once a government is in, it is in my personal interests that they do a good job. When each and every one of those governments I didn’t like got in, I took it on the chin and was prepared to see how things went.

To re-iterate, I have no particular issue with Boris as a person. I’d go for a pint with him. I have given credit where it has been due. That does not mean I am going to overlook the godawful handling of the pandemic.

Is he? :thinking: I can’t say I’d noticed. Pap usually seems far more exercised about the Labour witch hunts then anything the tories are doing, as a rule.

1 Like

And was so the last time they were in government and fucking things up left, right and centre.

Don’t bring Blair up, remember your blood pressure :grin:

2 Likes

So our EU brethren are demanding that 75m AZ doses are diverted away from the UK and given to the EU - which would royally fuck out programme

Why do I get the feeling this has blown up because Pfizer has fucked up their supply chain at the moment.

What did we get out of that era? Four good years before September 11th happeneed? I can still remember the night they got in and I was elated. Myself and dormant forum member @Stuski sat up all night, couch strategically moved to a couple of feet in front of the CRT telly.

That fucking D:REAM song was all over the shop, and fair play to Professor Brian Cocks and the other cocks in his band. They did. For four years. Fucking low bar to clear mind.

Then September 11th happened and our Prime Minister became the willing poodle on the walk to an illegal war, where he’d do a cute bark on command to make it sound less illegal.

Then you’ve got the political years fucking wasted on the Blair/Brown feud and path to succession. They introduced an enabling act, waging wars that brought terror home, when the whole point of fighting these war was so that we didn’t have to fight them here.

They were a more hawkish continuation of Thatcherism which is why she described them as her greatest achievement.

1 Like

So basically, the entire population of the UK with a bit to spare?

That and they are about to get a shoeing from their members - Madrid is having to pause for two weeks due to short supply

They need a bogeyman and who better than a UK company and the UK govt

1 Like

Well half given that we need two doses each

1 Like

Not really, some folks like Pap who know more than the some pretty eminent clinical experts and the MHRA, reviewers dont want it, so should be a few spare for selfish tory cunts jumping the queue
 just strange that anyone finds that acceptable
 When I see evidence that this twat volunteers all the time and did so before COVID I might cut him some slack, but right now it just looks like opportunism
which is kinda what these Tory twats are all about
 only they are most comfortable when an ‘opportunity’ denies someone of greater need

2 Likes

Didn’t know they were two of the same thing both times. I genuinely don’t know a lot about the A-Z thing. Traditional vaccine? Small bit to help you fight a big bit?

In other news, NZ continues to confound the “nothing else could be done crowd”. I wonder if the rest of the world will take the “Finland option” :wink: