🐜 Cameron: "A swarm of people"

Originally posted by @Fatso

I’m not what your point of view is as you still haven’t really explained it. You’ve shown a video that someone else has made without really saying anything about the content of that video. You’ve said that you’re cynical, but I don’t know what you’re cynical about. So far, all I know is that you think this refugee movement is some sort of Trojan horse plot, that other Middle a Eastern countries aren’t taking refugees and that Syrians should stay and fight (your video clip shows a destroyed Syrian city…are you really saying they should stay there and fight?)

Do you deny there are Syrian refugees moving in their millions? If you accept that they exist, do you think we should accept them? If not, why not?

I accept that there are ‘some’ Syrian refugees, but the majority aren’t, and why do I have to justify whether I think we should accept them or not?..we keep being told there is ‘no money’ ‘cut backs’ ‘austerity’…where’s the money going to come from to pay for all of these people?.

When we elected to join the common market in the 70's, this isn't what we signed up for....we've been shafted by the politicians (all parties) to accept something that the majority of British people don't want.....that's my view.

Ok, thanks for explaining your point of view. I think we’re done here.

2 Likes

wow gr8 news sounds like fatso + jet sounds have solved the refugee crisis!

3 Likes

Originally posted by @jet-sounds

Very nice pap, but you’re an intelligent fellow, and you know in reality that life’s not like that, nor will it ever be.

Have you actually tried it? The whole point is that it’s a decision YOU make. It doesn’t require anyone else to subscribe to it. It’s a personal choice.

So yep, life is very much like that for me, and if I didn’t run around as a frightened kid when we were getting bombed in the 1980s, I’m not going to be scared now.

1 Like

Originally posted by @jet-sounds

When we elected to join the common market in the 70’s, this isn’t what we signed up for…we’ve been shafted by the politicians (all parties) to accept something that the majority of British people don’t want…that’s my view.

I’ve got sympathy with that view, but in the case of internal EU migration, I’ve never blamed the people that move here for a better life. I do take issue with the politicians that have allowed this situation to develop to the extent that it has. That, for me, is where you apply the pressure.

The Schengen zone has definitely been a factor in refugees getting to these shores, but not the reason that they had to leave their homes in the first place. We have had a huge role in creating that. and the British public, yourself included, needs to understand that refugees are a consequence of most, if not all wars.

I’ve seen shit on Facebook today speaking about there not being any British refugees in WW2, that we’re somehow better because of that. It’s bollocks of course. What else are evacuees apart from junior refugees? We sent 14K of them overseas for safe keeping, and the rest of the world took them in. Now it’s our turn, and we bear a lot of responsibility for their plight in the first place, we don’t want to know.

3 Likes

Sadly social media has become a hotbed of stupidity, spin and racism.

It’s like the crappest gossip pub in the world, on a larger scale.

New tales of imaginary Tesco branches refusing to serve soldiers are being written every day and distributed by the simple and the dangerous.

The rewriting of WWII history doesn’t surprise me, it would just be nice if people read these things twice to check for facts before liking or passing on.

8 Likes

How much of this could have been avoided, I wonder?

Good guys and bad guys, eh?

Russia proposed more than three years ago that Syria’s president, Bashar al-Assad, could step down as part of a peace deal, according to a senior negotiator involved in back-channel discussions at the time.

Former Finnish president and Nobel peace prize laureate Martti Ahtisaari said western powers failed to seize on the proposal. Since it was made, in 2012, tens of thousands of people have been killed and millions uprooted, causing the world’s gravest refugee crisis since the second world war.

All my back channel discussions with Mrs G come to nothing too.

1 Like

US President Barack Obama said all European states should accept their “fair share” of asylum seekers, after talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Go on then Barack - how many are you taking, considering the crisis has been caused in part by your shit foreign policy

1 Like

Originally posted by @pap

How much of this could have been avoided, I wonder?

Good guys and bad guys, eh?

Russia proposed more than three years ago that Syria’s president, Bashar al-Assad, could step down as part of a peace deal, according to a senior negotiator involved in back-channel discussions at the time.

Former Finnish president and Nobel peace prize laureate Martti Ahtisaari said western powers failed to seize on the proposal. Since it was made, in 2012, tens of thousands of people have been killed and millions uprooted, causing the world’s gravest refugee crisis since the second world war.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/15/west-ignored-russian-offer-in-2012-to-have-syrias-assad-step-aside

But the single point of failure in this concept was that it was grey.

Thanks to the death of the education systems & the proliferation of Politically leaning media, you can only make black / white or right / wrong decisions.

A grey solution does not fit.

It is the only solution, I’ve rattled on about it more than I ever did about gold becauseit is so bloody obvious.

But it won’t happen.

So the Russians will do it themselves with Bashar & the media & Western Politicos will call them names and ramp up the useless sanctions. It will get solvedand Russia will then get asked to help others out in the region and bingo has a power base of Syria Iran and probably Iraq.

But that’s OK CallmeDave will still have Piglet

Oh

Eid Mubarak everyone.

Just think, with this huge influx, next year you’ll all be able to have 4 days Eid Vacation and slaughter your own goats as well. More holidays for you! (unless you’re self-employed or on zero hours of course)

Oiiiiiiiiiii!!!

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

Oh

Eid Mubarak everyone.

Just think, with this huge influx, next year you’ll all be able to have 4 days Eid Vacation and slaughter your own goats as well. More holidays for you! (unless you’re self-employed or on zero hours of course)

Oiiiiiiiiiii!!!

It;s alright, you get yourself slaughtered quite often, or so Lou Lou says…

fair cop.

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

Oh

Eid Mubarak everyone.

Oiiiiiiiiiii!!!

It;s alright, you get yourself slaughtered quite often, or so Lou Lou says…

fair cop.

I’m usually far too tipsy on ale shandies to notice if Goatboy is slaughtered or not…

Wasn’t sure where to put this but then saw the title of the thread.
So this is how refugees are treated.

Just read this which talks about “the other”. We seem to do that a lot now.

1 Like

Because a large portion of the UK population are thick, believe anything fed to them by the MSM and unfortunately are inherently racist - maybe?

1 Like

A large proportion of the UK population are NOT thick, they and their parents have been let down by a polarised and politicised education system despite the heroic efforts of most teachers and staff

Yeah, but what about those that are, regardless of what you say (&I don’t disagree with you btw)?