šŸœ Cameron: "A swarm of people"

Christ, what on earth is the lad thinking? I guess his main interest is sports journalism, so I imagine these sorts of questions arenā€™t as much of a big deal to him. But still, pretty daft.

I remember back at the height of the Gulf War The Observer printed a picture of a guy in a tank burnt to a crisp - huge outrage. Not at all nice over your cornflakes but it definately brought home the horror of a war that was being sold to us as not only just but also clean and clinicial. I am sure we all remember the footage of the crosshair targets and tanks, army vehicles and troops being targetted from above and vapourised at the push of a button. Although we didnt see the blood and guts close up, we were shown people dying on prime time TV. People have the right to look away, but I think that it is right for the media to put this stuff out there. We shouldnt live in a santisied world where we are protected from all the nasties. People need to see what is happening so that they understand the gravity of the situation. The world isnt all about toilet paper soft enough to wipe the bum of a labrador puppy and people who work in B & Q winning a recording contract on a TV talent show.

Looks like Jose has it sussedā€¦

Sourced by the Automatic News Thread

Sourced from An Instagram share by f6nte instagram

JOSE FONTE - (f6nte) on 03/09/2015

Proud to be part of this group!!! #PORTUGAL Today we had a minute silence in honour of all those refugees that are looking for a better life for there families and in particular the children who deserve to grow up with lots of love!!! Better world with more love and understanding and less selfishness not only in this particular matter but in general thatā€™s what we need!! Have a good day

ā€¦roomily contrived by Optimus trousersā€¦beta v1.6

4 Likes

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Looks like Jose has it sussedā€¦

Sourced by the Automatic News Thread

Sourced from An Instagram share by f6nte instagram

JOSE FONTE - (f6nte) on 03/09/2015

Proud to be part of this group!!! #PORTUGAL Today we had a minute silence in honour of all those refugees that are looking for a better life for there families and in particular the children who deserve to grow up with lots of love!!! Better world with more love and understanding and less selfishness not only in this particular matter but in general thatā€™s what we need!! Have a good day

ā€¦roomily contrived by Optimus trousersā€¦beta v1.6

He forgot the bit whereby he and his team mates said they were giving their weeks wages each to save the childrenā€¦A professional footballer telling us about selfishness is fucking rich.

I see the totally not racist UKIP party have had another PR disaster today. Another candidate dropping a bollock, and making ridiculous comments, then deletes his Twitter. (Posting pictures still doesnā€™t seem to work at all for me).

Also, the #refugeeswelcome tag is awash with delightful little kippers spouting their bile. Definitely not racist though.

1 Like

Yeah that is disgusting. You canā€™t blame parents for wanting to escape the war in Turkey! The fact that it resulted in Tragedy just shows how desperate the circumstances must be, for these bros to even risk it. I think this UKIP bro should be made to live in Turkey for a year if he thinks itā€™s so easy, see how he likes it!

Is it wrong to want to see a picture of Katie Hopkins drowned and dead on a foreign beach?

1 Like

No, thatā€™s perfectly acceptable. If you wanted to see her dead, drowned and naked Iā€™d be seriously worried about you though.

1 Like

Yes. Sheā€™s one of ours and I demand that she be found washed up on a British beach.

1 Like

Lads can we not make light of this?

I think thatā€™s what people are trying to do, Barry (see JBoys post about Katie Hopkins)

What having a laugh in sync with a tragedy? Fuck me I could think of funnier things and more fitting ones to write about.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean. I thought you were asking people for some jokes about it all.

1 Like

No I donā€™t think Iā€™d do that Fatso.

You asked for people to ā€œmake lightā€ of it.

I suggest you havenā€™t read it properly, link it with your reply and read it again.

Iā€™ve read the post a number of times now Barry and it seems to me that youā€™re trying to backtrack away from your request.

When I read your post, I see a request like ā€œcome on now lads, can we not just try and make light of the issue?ā€ or ā€œthis is awful, if only we could make light of it it might be betterā€¦can we not do that?ā€

Youre in danger of derailing what is an important thread, Barry, so I think we should leave it there. But be aware, this isnā€™t SWF and you canā€™t make your outlandish comments and expect to get away with it like you did over there.

Itā€™s easy for people to interpret the written word in different ways - thatā€™s one of the reasons forums can be problematic at times. FWIW, I read Barryā€™s post as being a request for the previous posters not to make light of this tragic situation; but I can see how Fatso could have interpreted it differently.

Anyway, back on topic, I forced myself to look at those terrible images of the drowned child; they are very upsetting, but I think itā€™s right that the media has published them for the following reason: shocking photo images such as the young naked girl fleeing after the napalm attack and the Vietcong fighter being summarily executed with a gunshot to the head alerted people to the reality of the Vietnam war and played a huge role in turning public opinion against it. The image of the drowned boy on the beach is performing a similar role in forcing people to face the shocking reality of this tragic situation.

4 Likes

I wrote the post after there was light made of it and you referenced it, I also used ā€œnotā€ so youā€™ll have to be ignorant not to have seen it, as for your last threatening paragraph get to fuck you little prick.

If you look at the dictionary definition of the word: An aggregation of persons or animals, especially when in turmoil or moving in mass, then I think it is perfectly acceptable and totally within the context.

I have to agree with Haloā€™s reasoning - the image of a burning buddhist monk, also in Vietnam, also springs to mind.

And, is it really any different to newspaper reports at disasters such as Hillsborough, Bradford, the Clapham Rail crash etc. showing pictures of the dead being laid out?

As harrowing as it may be, it is reporting the realism and gravity of the events.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-disaster-how-liverpool-echo-3223395

1 Like