Bye bye Mauricio

Harsh @philippinesaint , @tigger might like the Brett Ormerod type…

2 Likes

To be fair to Bob, that’s by far the most complimentary pic i have ever seen of him.

We only like Brett Ormerod type whilst playing away .

Oh yes you may be right @btripz consider a random upvote in order :lou_lol:

Well it appears that Dr Barry Gale has spoken on the matter.

Yes Hughes may have played for Saints but he was absolutely shite whilst he was here so give him the managers job why would he be any different

No Thanks

Give it Hughes til end of season. Bags of Premier League experience, played for Saints, owns a decent hairdryer, and already got a red and white tie.
Dr Barry Gale, Southampton

I havent seen so much Saints shit on the BBC since we signed KK in the 80’s

I wouldn’t say no to Martin O’Neill tbh - doesn’t he have a house in Winchester? DONE DEAL!

2 Likes

Analysis from my own warped mind.

The Southampton Way is the same at every level of the club so formation and style is dictated by the Plan. MoPe was appointed to manage to the plan. He was the second manager to follow the plan and not create his own version of it. With the same effect.

In my view MoPe will feel he did what he was told to do, he never saw what needed to be done OR never had the balls to have a fight over it. (And I am happy to KEEP that opinion and fully understand he could also have simply been clueless)

So, we have a manager fired. For doing what the club wanted him to do.

While EVERY one of us sees the limitations of a “Single System for every game” as blindingly obvious, Perhaps the Football Direction function sticks to that mantra and so MoPe had his hands tied.

Now we need to WIN GAMES, we cannot afford to “stick to a plan” Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get hit on the Jaw. Well, I think we just smacked an uppercut to Les Reed’s Jaw.

WHOEVER the new manager is, he WILL fail IF he is a yes man and unless he can mould a team and tactics to combat the THREAT posed by the opposition. Hence I actually hope it IS someone paid on results not on a long term vision.

Anyway.

My rambling brings it down to the maths. Les reed set the style for all age levels. It is now failed.

Les Reed picked 2 managers both have now failed.

His “team” need to find MoPe’s replacement. I see No way on this earth that after he has recruited he has a tenable position. I would be willing to bet Les Reed just changed his LinkedIn Profile to “Exploring Other Opportunities”

Goodbye MoPe.

In my mind you never stood a chance mate. Sorry.

1 Like

Mark Hughes.

Some sage words from the Saintslist (yes it’s still going)

When Hughes came to Saints as a player he was useless and I can see no difference if he came back as a manager .

No thanks

1 Like

Big Adam reducing my rambling missive to 140 characters

ie Mark Hughes, Sir Alex, and anyone fired by Chelsea in last 5 years

Theres your random upvote @btripz :lou_lol:

1 Like

Yep

Perhaps the biggest question is not who Southampton turn to next but whether they have left it too late. The manner in which Saints have sleepwalked to the point where they are teetering above the relegation zone has been alarming but inevitable for a while. Little has changed over the past nine months, when Mauricio Pellegrino was appointed, and the team, with one win from 17 league matches, have sat stagnant for too long.

Oddschecker has Hughes as the favourite

Arsenal fans queing up to offer us Wenger

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Do you know what, I’d take him, I really would…

3 Likes

Than again she might not…

2 Likes

Savage says we should go for Hughes

As good a reason to go for pretty much anybody else as I can think of.

10 Likes

The fact that Savage is endorsing Hughes would make me shy away from him

1 Like