:brexit: Brexit - Deal or no deal

You can still keep things fair, even if the public are confronted with something more than a binary choice.

Do run off elections in anything beyond two choices.

I get the sense that @Numptyboi and I mightn’t share too much common ground, but I obviously completely support his notion that any referendum should just be on the terms of Brexit.

Letwin’s amendment wins. Parliament will take control of business on Wednesday.

Good test of STV if you ask me

Lol, I think we should have a People Vote on whether the MPs should take control

BBC News - What do voters make of Brexit now?

Good analysis

Saddest ‘stat’ is that of those who did not vote in 2016, 46% saying remain and only 19% leave… and the potential impact this would have had on ‘will of the people’… although I still do not believe this should ever have gone to a referendum given the complexity of the implications, the fact many voted simply as a reaction to 10 year of austerity and the fact it was only done to stop teh Tories imploding… well taht worked out well did it not…

1 Like

It was always going to happen. People in both parties owed their careers to taking one side or the other for decades.
Does the fault lie in the joining deal? Did Thatcher/Blair et Al have mandates to sign the various follow on Treaties, Maastricht/Lisbon.
The two most deadly words in the English language are IF ONLY.
Both sides now have to move on and make the most of what can be salvaged but they won’t.
Its in the DNA after all, Brits with nothing to complain about?
Impossible it’s in the DNA

Yep. As David Brent once said, “If only me Auntie had bollocks, she’d be me Uncle.”

1 Like

Explain it to MLT.

Tell him how wrong he is, and how he’s stupid for being taken in by all the lies. Perhaps revisit a Sotonians classic. State plainly that you’re losing money now.

It’s the done thing.

Making the positive case for the EU?

Yesterday those you had signed the Revoke A50 petition received a long winded , and bloated standard cliched rebuff from the Government in an email stating very clearly it was not going to happen and it was dead and would be a killer of democracy to even ask such a question,… blah blah …

Today, a new email was sent explaining that it would now be debated in the House on April 1st… April fool? fuck knows, but another example of left and right hand outoffuckingsync…

The problem as I see it is that there are some fundamental issues that will always divide opinion yet are not as clear cut as some like to pretend they are namely:

1. Can we consider democracy to have been upheld, when there was so many lies and misinformation spread prior to the referendum?

2. How much impact did those lies and misinformation have on the result?

3. How much impact did 10 years of austerity have on the result ? - was it right that a few tory chancers saw their opportunity window and forced a referendum through knowing they had a more receptive electorate who would give anyone a kicking over austerity?

4. Why did our representative democratic government bottle it and pass on their responsibility to the people over such a complex and obviously divisive issue?

5. Why did our representative democratic government bottle it and accept the referendum result despite it being non-binding and look to use the result to put the shits up Brussels to drive through EU reform? (they all now the economic nightmare to come, and its why they are so fucked up about it - or have hedged their personal fortunes…)

6. How can we accept that the very individuals who have pushed for Brexit, have personally benefitted from the decision financially… why are these cunts not being prosecuted?

7. Given the Governments inability to recognise that the majority most likely want a Brexit that is minimally disruptive and would be prepared to compromise on some aspects, why do they still refuse to let folks decide ‘DEMOCRATICALLY’ over who type of brexit they want? They have now lost lost all credibility when spouting cliched rhetoric such as ‘will of the people’ (translated from Politician to English as 'what i think will get nee re-elected as opposed to what i believe is in the best interests of the country)?

8. Why cant we have Mr Pie to sort these twats out?

… maybe we should trawl Youtube and post all the extremist right wing hate vids associated with Brexit… is that also representative of ‘Brexiteers’? If you want to try an post that video to make some statement about Remainers, then you have to accept what represents your ‘side’

That guy is clearly drunk or ill, and his behaviour is disgraceful and dangerous - no excuse, but he is thankfully only as representative of Remainers as the racists are of brexiters…

1 Like

Why is his opinion so important to you? … in this matter he is just another scrote like the rest of us - he has his opinion as do you and I, and his is no more valid than mine our yours, unless you are a star fucker of course… as to his grasp of the economic impact of the situation, his own form in that department suggests there are other more informed individuals whose opinions might be a little more compelling…

He’s Saints greatest player since the 1980s, mate.

As an aside, I really liked your eight questions about democracy, after admitting you’d signed a petition designed to subvert it.

The revoke A50 petition is even worse than the People’s Vote. If you signed that, you’re either an anti-democrat or just sign things without considering the consequences (such as protesting against democracy).

You’re too far into the trees to see the wood, mate.

The views of the remnant Remainers are about as popular as your NED v GER thread.

Haha, you assumptions are as misguided as some of your opinions… ‘mate’

Being good at kicking a football does not make your politics any more valid than the average person in the street…‘mate’

I did not sign the petition… but you seem to fail to understand the purpose of them… they are after all about getting the government to ‘debate’ what some believe (rightly or wrongly) - it would be anti-democratic to provide a vehicle for such societal action, and then ignore it.

You’re too far up your own ar… ‘mate’

As for popularity of a thread, was not aware there was some kind of contest… is this what its all about for you, bit of an ego booster? Well its only me who seems to bother to rely to your posts, so you should be more welcoming… everyone else has suggested I should ignore your baiting, but its too much fun … ‘mate’

Interesting post, @Map-Of-Tasmania. I have to say, the original MLT post wasn’t aimed at you, but I’ve been intrigued by your responses.

All professional footballers are good at kicking a football. It’s interesting that MLT gets lumped in with them all of a sudden, and that he is just a scrote now that he disagrees with you. Furthermore, given your disdain for the average person in the street, illustrated on threads like this for the past two and a half yeara, the insult looks even worse.

Let’s just deal with that for now.

We can deal with you literally protesting against democracy later.