:brexit: Brexit - Deal or no deal

You still haven’t answered the question, if it (the vote) were the other way around now would you respect it and expect that verdict to be carried out and enacted?

And the best way to get us out of this mess is expensive yet very simple.
We leave and parties campaign to rejoin on their manifesto (you’ll have to believe them though).

And that is the point Barry… this is NOT a party issue, it only went to a referendum in the first place to try and prevent the Tories form splitting, same with labour… so no party can or will put this back on the agenda … well not until the ‘people’ realise how much worse its gotten… and some twats then respond to the ‘will of the people’… only getting back in won’t be on the terms we have now… it would be the full thing… I will never comprehend how fucking ridiculous the little Englander mentality is, especially when we will always be dancing to someone elses tune… I just preferred it to be a European pipe, than anyone else. Sadly there are some folks deluded into thinking we still have a place on the international stage as an ‘independent’ economy/power… we will soon find out the truth… we did not need May’s brexit fuck up to establish our ‘place’ in the world

If you weren’t fighting each other you may have seen this.

The UK is actually in the middle of a Coup.

3 Likes

I’m not arsed about our place, I am bothered about our citizens having a good and content life, outside of the EU gives us an opportunity to do so or a chance to shape our own future, Europe as a trading block is dead, China, India and lower cost operations have done that for us ie globalisation.
I think in or out we’re screwed long term as we simply can’t compete with nations that have few rules, the West is dead bar a few places that have natural resources.

I wont simply because you and pap never answered mine… 'Would you expect the government to simply follow the ‘will of the people’ about other issues… such as the death penalty which from all polls the majority are in favour off? Or would you expect, as we have a representative democracy, that our politicians actually ‘think’ and act in the best interests of the the country and society, even if it means going against the democratic ‘will’ of the people?

Brexiteers have told remainers to shut up and accept the ‘democratic’ result… would you or others simply shut up and accept the result of a referendum on the death penalty if the politicians bottled it and followed date ‘will of the people’?

What question? Ask it and I’ll answer, contrary to popular belief I do do that.

And that is the whole point… we wont have that chance, because without the EU we are nothing, we are weak and desperate and have no negotiating power. we will be sucking Trumps cock and getting jizzed on by his corporate backers… Those who believe its a vote for ‘getting our country back’ are as deluded as they will be disappointed…

Its very simple and has been in about 200 posts and never answered…

You’d have to accept it, but it wouldn’t stop me campaigning against it.

Mrs P_F:
Well, that Jonathon Pie talks much better than your Politicians.

Yup

…why accept it? ''evil prevails when good men do nothing… ‘’

Should be on every news channel… thing is, if it was, that overturn A50 petition would soon reach 20mil+ and what then…

No idea.

Most brutal post of today
1 million people marched today to support Remain.
Oh, so 59 million people want to leave

1 Like

If the Fail are reporting it…

Context, that and also I’d check that quote as well.
You’re failure to accept something and then equally accept something you agree with is worrying and says an awful lot about where your genuine political compass lies.
If the vote went the other way would you expect the people on the side that lost not to accept it and fight against it?
Its naive and childish political thinking, the mess we’re in is one thing but the mess we’ll be in by not honouring the vote will be far far worse.
The EU would take us as a banana republic as would the World, accepting a bad decision is a sign of a mature democracy.

2 Likes

Thats nothing Putin signed it 1.2 million times…

2 Likes

Can you translate again, then I will respond. It’s not clear what point you are making

One could argue he is disrespecting democracy… (if what he boasts about is true)… not that it matters but those .gov petitions were set up as part of our democratic process… is he being anti-democratic, or just a cunt?